Skip navigation

VW Golf 1.1L 1978. The Gnoj

Back to the top

VW Golf 1 1.1L 1978. "The Gnoj"

looks good!

Back to the top

bouchay said

Wow you're a fast worker! Looks like it'll be finished next week! Great job, keep the updates coming. Bob.

aaaaahahahahaha you are wrong! Im not a fast worker! Those pictures are from February 2010. Im posting pictures as I have a time.
This reconstruction last from February 2009 and excpected time that car will be finished is autumn 2010.

So the reconstruction last over 1,5 year. At the end I think that its not so fast  :mrgreen:

Cheers  :wink:

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.
FEEL FREE TO VISIT US ON www.golfmk1.com.hr

Back to the top
Some new pictures from last month

HM? How to make some pictures of the bottom? :mrgreen:

Finally!!! :boohoo:  the car is over and Im about to take a first ride with my blondie  :P  :P  :P

and one big thanks for the man in charge! The IronicGti Man  :clap:

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.

Back to the top
This ten days were very busy so let put some news.
While we are doing the engine bay ( pain stripper, wire brushes, scrapers, spraying with primer etc. ) let me show you plans about the car color, seats, engine…

Hope you"ll love it

My plan with "Gnoj" is to rebuilt him in retro style, almost the same how he looked like 32 years ago… :|   :|

My tought about color was to colored him in original green asparagus 35 color.
But I have decided to colored him in the similar color like my ex MKII was.
I have imagined something like Junglis car ( dont know if anyone know this car )

I would be so happy if I could find this kind of material for seats here in Croatia. It would fitted perfectly with the color of the car!

And now the engine.
I have sold my MKII without engine. It is from MKIII GTI 2.0 16V ABF
Friend of mine make totaly general repair of engine. It has approximatly 160PS and I have passed about 30000km/18000 miles with it! Am I satisfied with it? I can describe the feeling which that engine giving to me!!!

This is how ti looked like in my ex MKII

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.

Back to the top
Its quite long time that I havent write anything.

Lots of job has been done within one month! I will put some new photos tomorrow because Im dead and its pretty late! So much work these days! The summer days are coming so the whole country is preparing for the summer season and everybody are in the rush :scooter:  :cheer:

Some new goods were bought…

Here are my brand new mud splashs! 4 pcs costed 50pounds. Can tell you how happy I was when I found them!  8)

Tomorrow new pictures of The Gnoj!

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.

Back to the top
cool build thread and some good work going on there  :D

What does 'The Gnoj' mean. I presume its the name of the car. Any english translation for that?

Rob  :)

Back to the top
jeez! a lot of commitment in this build! loving that interior youve got planned too! be keeping an eye on this build!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=73039&highlight=

Back to the top
jeez! a lot of commitment in this build! loving that interior youve got planned too! be keeping an eye on this build!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=73039&highlight=

Back to the top
Great work there ! 8O  a lot of people would have given up, so 10/10 for commitment.
Keep the updates coming.

Dib

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top

Robmk1 said

cool build thread and some good work going on there  :D

What does 'The Gnoj' mean. I presume its the name of the car. Any english translation for that?

Rob  :)

"Gnoj" means in english manure, compost, fertiliser, dung. Dont know the excatly word. Hope that you will understand. When we start with buissness and saw in what condition car was the man in charge sad "DUDE THIS IS ONE HELL OF MANURE/GNOJ" and that is how we called him "The Gnoj"!  :lol:

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.

Back to the top
Some grinding of motor bay

The whole motor bay was grinded. There is no more rust stuff  :mrgreen:

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.

Back to the top
awesome, now that's a proper car resto, hehe.

Good luck with the rest of it, looks like the tough part is out of the way!

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

ManicGTI said

awesome, now that's a proper car resto, hehe.

Good luck with the rest of it, looks like the tough part is out of the way!

Thank you dude  8)

Yes, the tought part is finally out of the way! After one year and three months  :mrgreen:

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.

Back to the top
Allow me to share with you guy some new pictures of my MKI "The Gnoj"  :mrgreen:

Short story about hatch…
Before of restoration of Golf water was entering into the car from upper side of hatcher! I tought that the problem is with windscreen seal but NOOOOO… :roll:
There was missing the whole part of sheet metal  :banghead:   It has been eaten by rust  :mrgreen:
Replaced with new sheet of metal  :wink:

Brushing the welds

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :scooter:  :rockon:

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.

Back to the top
What you have achieved on this car is amazing, great vision. Look forward to seeing it finished 8)

Back to the top
i like the led back lighting.......may nick this idea :)

Back to the top

Swallowtail_uk said

i like the led back lighting…….may nick this idea :)

Be my guest  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

We proudly present you miss Croatia for 2010!!! :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

There she is the croatian beauty  :lol:

Some new crazy things been doing around  :borg:

The Gnoj is about to get the painted  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:

Lots of job has done in a several weeks but unfortunatly there is no time to share all news with you.
As James Bond would say "first things first"  :mrgreen:

Hope to find some extra time to share with you new photos!

I really cant belive what we have achieved. Im way to satisfied with done job.

In meanwhile I have sold my 2.0ABF 16V engine and bought another MKI 1983. with another ABF engine with 183PS ( it was measured in authorized company which is doing that things; dont know how to say in english, sorry )
The engine from that car will be replaced into my car also the rims, windows ect.

You will see the pictures

All best to all of you  8)

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.

Back to the top
great work pal! still cant get over how quick your doing this!

realy cant wait to this done. what rims you putting on it from the other car?

Back to the top

keany221 said

great work pal! still cant get over how quick your doing this!

realy cant wait to this done. what rims you putting on it from the other car?

This one I have bought form my friend & by the way now is 1year and 6 months that car is underrestoration…

…at the moment this rims are in plan to be putted on car. But…as I sad, first thins first  :wink:

The rims

Some engine picture

And some backyard  :roll:

Lets get back to restoration of my MKI "The Gnoj"

So we have finished the job about the metal thing and now we are rolling on to prepare the car for painting  :cheer:

The pictures will tell more than the words  :shaun:
Somebody is hideing
 :oops:  :tank:  :oops:  :tank:

I was SO SO SO SO SO lucky when I saw that the car is takeing this stage of condition  :mrgreen:

AND THEN…!!!!!!!

MAN!!! What is that color under my back wing???????

COULDNT BELIEVED!!!
The whole down side of the car was finished! Brushed, protected and finished with bitumen! Each milimeter of the bottom!YEAH!
I couldnt get down smiley and satisfaction from my face!
Lets get closser

The most important thing that the bottom was spread over with bitumen two times! When Im writing this still can believe that we have make this achivment!

And there are planty news. Hope that I will have time to share it with you all very soon!

:scooter:

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.

Back to the top
Im a sexy brotha with the master plan! The lady want resist me, but baby, no you cant. 8) 8)  8)  8)

Im I hot or what???? 8)  

Having second tought  :twisted:

or…

Lots of people told me at the start of this story that Im very stupid man because Im doing my best to save this piece of crap!
Today…Im soooo proud on what we have done!
Love this pictures

And very best for the end of this reply  :mrgreen:

!!!PS!!!

People from UK!!!

I need HELP! Cant find the right mirror for sell! If someone would like to sell please let me know! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.