Skip navigation

Hello,

Back to the top

Hello,

dek said

that not good i  pay £156 a year  fully comp on classic insure  . even when its a cold sunny day get roof down it brill i get samr wright looks people think im mad :) born in africa live sunny derby

Noooo, see im only 18, so its really expensive for me, dont you have to be 25 for classic car insurance? haha, i bet you do get some weird looks, i hate the cold, the golf take ageeess to warm up, im sat in there with a coat scarf everything ha.

Back to the top

since_1983 said

not got a caddy got a cabby thou, this is my 1st mk1 picked it up about 3 weeks ago but had a few vw over the years now where swindon then, thought it was qiute north

i meant cabby haha, (oops) mk1's are sooo nice, and run forever. ha swindon south west, by brisol.

Back to the top
yh still a million miles away then

Back to the top
hey! welcome to the site :)

maybe you could come down to us pore brizzle lowlifes :P tryin to get a regular meet going again in bristol and so far me and richyhill got about 3 people lol (including ourselves)

so yeah lol if you know any more round your area and ur willing to travel a little stick a reply here:
http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…ms&file=viewtopic&t=80293

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top

mixerman said

hey! welcome to the site :)

maybe you could come down to us pore brizzle lowlifes :P tryin to get a regular meet going again in bristol and so far me and richyhill got about 3 people lol (including ourselves)

so yeah lol if you know any more round your area and ur willing to travel a little stick a reply here:
http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…ms&file=viewtopic&t=80293

will do once i pass and everything, ill be going to lots of meets and shows :)
i will ask about, see if anybody is up for it :)

Back to the top
u not past ur test yet then

Back to the top
lol fair play for getting that before passing :) wish i had a mk1 for my first car :)

cool, hopefully see you around soonish then :p

got your test booked?

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top

since_1983 said

u not past ur test yet then

not yet, threoy on the 1st of april WISH ME LUCK! haha

Back to the top

mixerman said

lol fair play for getting that before passing :) wish i had a mk1 for my first car :)

cool, hopefully see you around soonish then :p

got your test booked?

there ace. i thought a Beetle was going to be my first car, but im inloveee, drives so well, nothing wrong with it either.

i will deffo see me aboutt, haha, i stick out like a sore thumb, epes in swindon, haha

and no not yet, have to pass theory first, finger cross :)

Back to the top
Good luck with your test.

If you needed any ideas for what shows to go to there is a nice chilled show in Bracknell on Sunday the 16th May, so just down the M4.

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=72136p

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Hey Anna WELCOME !

and GOOD LUCK for your theory

As mixerman said, feel free as soon as you pass to come down to Bristol meet, by May time hopefully there will be a few of us meeting as well as meeting up with the Gloucester lot at the S/West meets and the VAG onwners club in Bristol once a month.

Also hoping that someone is going to arrange a club stand for Bristol Volksfest as was a good show last year.

your gona have some great fun chucking that golf round all them roundabouts in swindon :-)

and make sure you check the classic car insurance thing, im not sure if you have to be over 25? they maybe able to do something for you to get cheaper insurance, only problem is you will prob have to limit the mileage, and from my experience once you pass the test for the first year you barely get out of the car, especially if its a mk1 !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

Hey Anna WELCOME !

As mixerman said, feel free as soon as you pass to come down to Bristol meet, by May time hopefully there will be a few of us meeting as well as meeting up with the Gloucester lot at the S/West meets and the VAG onwners club in Bristol once a month.

Also hoping that someone is going to arrange a club stand for Bristol Volksfest as was a good show last year.

your gona have some great fun chucking that golf round all them roundabouts in swindon :-)

and make sure you check the classic car insurance thing, im not sure if you have to be over 25? they maybe able to do something for you to get cheaper insurance, only problem is you will prob have to limit the mileage, and from my experience once you pass the test for the first year you barely get out of the car, especially if its a mk1 !

Thank you!

im sure youll be seeing me about :) and im deffo going to as many shows as possible.

i have looked at carol nash, and some other, what other classic insurances is there?

i know im going to be bad, i sit it in it making car noises (is that sad) haha! just cant wait to be on the road.

Back to the top

James_W said

Good luck with your test.

If you needed any ideas for what shows to go to there is a nice chilled show in Bracknell on Sunday the 16th May, so just down the M4.

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=72136p

thanks, i will check them out, hopefully i would have passed by them so ill see you down there :)

Back to the top

anna_vdub said

richyhill said

Hey Anna WELCOME !

Thank you!

im sure youll be seeing me about :) and im deffo going to as many shows as possible.

i have looked at carol nash, and some other, what other classic insurances is there?

i know im going to be bad, i sit it in it making car noises (is that sad) haha! just cant wait to be on the road.

its a blokes thing to sit behind the wheel and make sounds, like yorkie bars its not for girls lol

Back to the top
Anna, im just about to shop around for my insurance as its that time of the year again, ive got a big list of companies i tried last time, so will post them up when get a chance

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

since_1983 said

anna_vdub said

richyhill said

Hey Anna WELCOME !

Thank you!

its a blokes thing to sit behind the wheel and make sounds, like yorkie bars its not for girls lol

you saying im a bloke now haha how rude :P you can keep yorkie haha.

Back to the top

richyhill said

Anna, im just about to shop around for my insurance as its that time of the year again, ive got a big list of companies i tried last time, so will post them up when get a chance

Pretty please :) that would be good. i found that most of them you of had to had your driving lieasce 5 years or more, or be over 25. how annoying is that. :)

Back to the top
Sounds like you might struggle with classic insurance, but these are the guys I tried last time and need to ring around again this week

Premium choice
Footman James
Adrian Flux / HIC
Peter Best
PST

Hope one of them might cover you and help

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Nice car - 16valver too!!! 8)

Back to the top
no saying ur not allowed too lol
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.