Skip navigation

anybody want anything flocking???

Back to the top

anybody want anything flocking???

hey guys and girls, a good friend of mine has recently started up a flocking business, at themo he is doing the spare dash i have for the 20vt cabby, ive seen some other work he has done and it looks ace!! i will post up some pics of my dash tomorrow when i get it back, is anyone interested?? his name is mark and he can be contacted on 07921103547 and his email is junction12@hotmail.com

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top

flocking

excuse my ignorance but what is flocking?

Back to the top
My Border Collie is very good at flocking :lol:

lets see some pics :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
wikipedia is your friend:
Flocking is the process of depositing many small fiber particles (called flock) onto a surface. It can also refer to the texture produced by the process, or to any material used primarily for its flocked surface. Flocking of an article can be performed for the purpose of increasing its value in terms of the tactile sensation, aesthetics, color and appearance. It can also be performed for functional reasons including insulation, slip-or-grip friction, and low reflectivity.

Back to the top

marshy said

Flocking is the process of depositing many small fiber particles (called flock) onto a surface. It can also refer to the texture produced by the process, or to any material used primarily for its flocked surface. Flocking of an article can be performed for the purpose of increasing its value in terms of the tactile sensation, aesthetics, color and appearance. It can also be performed for functional reasons including insulation, slip-or-grip friction, and low reflectivity.

Your not Paul_c on the quiet are you :lol:  :lol:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
technical whizz kid me......honest guvnor :)

Back to the top

A5OPY said

marshy said

Your not Paul_c on the quiet are you :lol:  :lol:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
HA!

Where is he based?  He could make a killing re-covering the top part of door cards where they crack.

Back to the top
he is based in mid wales,  his name is mark u can call him on 07921103547 for a quote. im getting my dash back tomorrow so i will show u guys somepics when its back,

View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
im getting a a vdo gauge holder next month and ill be getting it flocked, ill give your man a bell

Back to the top
heres a few pics of my freshly flocked dash!

this is a wiper motor case for a nissan that he also did too,

he is in the process of doing my door cards too, the dash pics dont do it justice it looks so much better in the flesh

Back to the top
How much???

Back to the top
What is this stuff like as in the pictures it looks very much like a carpet kinda thing.

What is the rough cost to have a dash top done then?

\'83 Lhasa Green GX 1457cc

\'53 Mk4 Golf R32, Deep Pearl Blue

\'00 Kawasaki Ninja J1 ZX6R

\'92 B3 Passat Estate 1.6td (Now breaking) 😭

Back to the top
The texture is a bit like velvet and quite like the lining inside the glovebox. It's a Motorsport finish used to prevent the reflections of the dash in the windscreen.

It looks great Jamie, does he do any other colours?

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
hello mk1 owners club :D im Marc (the flocker)

just thought i would come on and actually show you guys what went into Jamies dash and his other parts as and when i actually get them (that means hurry up J :mrgreen: )

started with this dirty old spare jamie had locked up

filled some unwanted holes and repaired damage.

the next stage was to scrub the dash with acertone to get rid of all the grime, dust and most importantly polish as they are silicone based and resins dont adhere well with that in the way.

the next stage is getting the 2 part epoxy mixed and applied ready for flocking onto, unfortunatly there is only a 40min window to do this no pictures im affraid.

Back to the top
Jamie then decided that he liked the flock so much he wanted front and rear door cards done aswell.

started by doing some front pockets with speaker covers

before

comparision of flocked and pre flock

notice how well the flock can stay to the original lines

and both finished

Back to the top

GavB95 said

The texture is a bit like velvet and quite like the lining inside the glovebox. It's a Motorsport finish used to prevent the reflections of the dash in the windscreen.

It looks great Jamie, does he do any other colours?

your right on the feel and yes primarly in automotive use its to stop reflections although its also a great way to cover up repairs and modernise aged interiors. as for the colours i can get hold of pretty much anything from normal all the way to neon pink :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

How much for dash, cards, speaker pockets?

cheers foxy

i think if i answered that on here i would be breaking forum rules??? please email me with full list and condition to junction12@hotmail.com

Back to the top
flocked jamies rear cards yesterday

sorry for the bad pic  :dontknow:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.