Skip navigation

mk1 tintop with oettinger

Back to the top

mk1 tintop with oettinger

the exhaust maniflold has been heat wrapped today by a buddy of mine, he also done a few other bits and bobs to make it run better, ie set up the timing and fuelling properly.

today has been the first time since i have owned this car that i have been able to give it a good run, it pulls really well, bags of low down grunt and pins you back from around 4000revs too

i cant wait to put this on a rolling road to see what its putting out as its bloody rapid!

Back to the top
Can't wait for the edition convoy Karl!

Back to the top
its still going strong, now with a 4 lamp grille.

Back to the top
should be taking this to malvern classic car show tomorow if anyone fancies having a nosey,  Karl

Back to the top
Quality! I'm at Malvern and can't wait to have gander! :mrgreen:

Back to the top
its been a bit quiet recently with the mk1,  its getting a cambelt and waterpump ready for when i tax it again around may

heres the new wheels though, compomotive fh wheels as per that photo from the late 80's/early 90's,  

this wheel has had a refurb but the rest need to be done so thats another job for over winter

Karl

Back to the top
Looking good matey

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
It's still there. Parked the old girl in the garage in October and she has sat there since. I have still got the comps to refurb for the summer and picked up a set of ronal r15's so I can lose the crappy tsw wheels on there now. Im taxing it next month so I will be making more progress soon

Back to the top
Sounds good to me mate. Stick some pics up when she is out of hibernation :)

Back to the top
Will do, i have to take it to my mates unit to do the cam belt and water pump as soon as it's taxed so will take a few pics. I want to use it as much as possible over the summer. 

Back to the top
the ronals to go on

Back to the top
Nice mate :thumbs:

Back to the top
cant beat a bit of sunny bank holiday tinkering, fixed the speedo so that now works, sorted out the handbrake light so that works too and changed a few other bits that were a bit worn.
and would have been rude not to give the old girl a clean.

Back to the top
looking sweet karl...

Back to the top
Looking good Karl. Looks lovely and shiny :)

Back to the top

sweetmk1dub said

its been a bit quiet recently with the mk1,  its getting a cambelt and waterpump ready for when i tax it again around may

heres the new wheels though, compomotive fh wheels as per that photo from the late 80's/early 90's,

this wheel has had a refurb but the rest need to be done so thats another job for over winter

Karl

Nice looking wheel.

Back to the top
Are you keeping the compomotive fh wheels on it as in the pic? Seems only right to re-unite them!! 

Back to the top
Yes the comps will go on at some point.  The other 3 need a refurb as only that one has been painted and I will need to get them redrilled to 4x100 as they are an odd stud pattern and will be too wide with adapters.  

Back to the top
I will be bringing the mk1 to the agm on the Sunday if anyone fancies having a nosey

Back to the top

sweetmk1dub said

I will be bringing the mk1 to the agm on the Sunday if anyone fancies having a nosey

Will hunt you down mate  :ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.