Skip navigation

mk1 tintop with oettinger

Back to the top

mk1 tintop with oettinger

I will also be interested in the lump if it comes complete!

Back to the top
right guys were nearly ready for MOT, need a drivers side brake caliper as the bleed nipple has snapped and needs to be bled, and need to do a mk2 wiper motor swap then shes ready for 12 months ticket,   

i still have not confimed if this engine is the real deal yet, this is the plate fitted over the engine number if anyone knows what it means?

Back to the top
saturday the 13th august, its an important day, the mk1 is in for MOT, fingers crossed

Back to the top

will find out at midday how long the fail sheet is  :lol:

EDIT, failed on a couple of bulbs and a steering rack boot,  im happy with that, getting them to adjust the fuelling too as its running too lean but it comes home on tuesday, road legal  :wink:

Back to the top
looking good  8)

Back to the top
i now have MOT, tax tomorow then im all good, coming to a hard shoulder near you ......

Back to the top
Took it out last night to a local vw meet, its first time on the road in 12 years,
It refused to start after a short run, its running as rough as could be displaying all the symptoms of rust in the fuel
Going to dip the tank this weekend to check but I doubt its going to useable for a while.
  Karl

Back to the top
had a few hours free so have been over the garage for a play.
well there is rust in the tank, filler neck was worse than i expected.
theres a new neck on there now, the tank has been drained and when i next have a bit of time free im going to pull the tank off to properly clean it out,

put the gti arches on the drivers side too while the tank was draining, im going to keep them on there as i think it looks better.

Back to the top
have not touched the car since my previous post,

been stupidly busy with work and other stuff, but in the boxes of bits in the garage i have found a metering head, injectors with the braided hoses, a warm up reg and an accumilator so at least i have most of what i need, i think i will go the whole hog with this and change the fuel lines too as then at least i will know its all good. just need some free time!

typical me, MOT, tax and insure it then just leave it in the garage :)

Back to the top
dropped the rear beam again, this time without the aid of the ramps, my 17mm sockets have gone missing so i had to McGyver the nits off with a wheel brace!   the tank is now off and a new one ordered as mine is proper clogged up with crud

i was tempted to rip the tank off the breaker and use that but a new one should be a lot easier,

its done a total of 4 miles since its been taxed, mot'd and insured!   Karl

Back to the top
well as its been 6 months its due an update,  new tank on there and the back end has been put back together and ive just bought me these

im hoping to bring it to the AGM so i dont have to rock up in the wifes mk4

Back to the top
now have the fuel lines fitted, and after a fair bit of initial cranking over it now runs

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/sweetmk1dub/?action=view&current=VIDEO0012.mp4
still not quite right though so a little more fettling needed, i have a funny feeling the injectors are fooked, brakes need bleeding and a few electrical bits to do, oil pressure buzzer is going mad now too,

slow progress is better than no progress

Back to the top
and this is what the old girl looked like in 1990 when she was just 7 yrs old.

she had her oettinger lump back then too so its not gone in recently

Back to the top
in the garage for mot at the mo, should get the old girl back tomorow with 12 months ticket,

they are setting up the mixture for me too.

im bringing it to edition this year if anyone fancies a nosey.
Karl

Back to the top
and its now useable

will bring it to the midlands meet on wednesday

Back to the top

sweetmk1dub said

well as its been 6 months its due an update,  new tank on there and the back end has been put back together and ive just bought me these

im hoping to bring it to the AGM so i dont have to rock up in the wifes mk4

hi what are these for if you dont mind me asking are they braided hses for your brake lines.
where did you get them from as well please Many thanks harry

Mk1 golf GTI 1.8 - bargain buy
Suzuki Samurai - 4WD 1.7 TD Conversion - Off roader

Back to the top
beautiful car  :notworthy:

Back to the top
Harry, they are new fuel lines as the original ones were clogged up with rust, available from crazyquiffs

Back to the top

sweetmk1dub said

Harry, they are new fuel lines as the original ones were clogged up with rust, available from crazyquiffs
thanks as i cut mine in half
lovely car as well

Mk1 golf GTI 1.8 - bargain buy
Suzuki Samurai - 4WD 1.7 TD Conversion - Off roader

Back to the top
Looking cracking, can't wait to see at Ed38 but I might come and take a look at the midland meet but I will be rocking up in the T5 if I do

T5. Corrado VR6. Mk2 G60. MK1 Cab
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.