Skip navigation

mk1 tintop with oettinger

Back to the top

mk1 tintop with oettinger

you know those project threads where there seems to be an update every day or 2,   this wont be like that  :lol:

its going to be a slow one, just getting it on the road this year will be enough for me,   lots of bits missing from it although i have sourced the majority and its been off the road for a whopping 11 years but obviously indoors as its as solid as a rock, no evidence of any welding anywhere, its got a few trick bits like rear disks, 2.0l oettinger lump etc too which is a nice bonus.

Back to the top
sounds good

any pictures???

Banner

Back to the top
wow! mate, how lucky are you! i always think it's amazing how people find these things, stored for 11years, rare engine, not bad nick, never happens to me! good luck mate, keep us updated, al :D  :)

Back to the top
fitted handbrake, fitted new window regs, sanded down and repainted red trims on grille today.

told you it was going to be slow progress :-)

Back to the top
well its looking more healthy than when i bought it, still slow process but im in no rush

Back to the top
With that rare motor under the bonnet you are likely to be pesterd for updates,so lets be having em :D

Back to the top
Veru nice mate. May i ask how much you picked it up for? the previous owner know what they had?

You driven it yet? Always wanted to know if the oettinger engines are acctually fast or just wanted becuase they are rare.

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
slowly getting there

Back to the top
WOW, awesome find.

1979 S1 MK1 Golf L FOR SALE! http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101471
1970 VW Beetle 1600 Twin 34 ICT\'s - Betty
1973 Marathon Beetle - The Moll\'s

Back to the top
WOW, awesome find.

1979 S1 MK1 Golf L FOR SALE! http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101471
1970 VW Beetle 1600 Twin 34 ICT\'s - Betty
1973 Marathon Beetle - The Moll\'s

Back to the top
due to me moving house in the next few weeks the mk1 has been sent off to my mates for a while till the garage in the new place is ready.

my little boy loves "dads red car"

Back to the top
1 word. jealous. mint engine
 cant wait for you to get cracking!!
full on job or just bits and bobs?

82 Golf Gti. The snail project (abf turbo one day)

Saab 93 diesel daily

Back to the top
just bits and bobs now to get it road legal,  some of the perishables will need to be replaced and the brake pipes need a repair., all tyres are scrap but i have the 15" wheels from my mrs old polo with good tyres on so were ok there.

going to get it on the road for the summer then next winter pull it off the road again for new paint, carbon roof and the g60 swap

Back to the top
the mk1 is currently being stored at my mates unit, i went over today and we put the car on the ramp to have a good poke around underneath.

im a happy boy right now,  can confirm that the car has never been welded, and its as solid as i was hoping it would be.

this is 100% a keeper for me :)

Back to the top
sad that you want to fit a G60 in it
however let me know when you want to sale the oettinger engine

Romain

Back to the top
the lump should be coming out in the in the winter sometime,  i will let all the interested people know when the engine is available.  cheers. Karl

Back to the top
my house purchase has now fallen through and im gutted, but at least it means i can get the mk1 back in my garage and get some more done.
ripping round the b roads in this should cheer me up a bit.   Karl

Back to the top
dropped the rear beam and gave it a coat of paint today, new brake pipes and changed the wheels to ones with better tyres,   another bash next weekend should see me ready for MOT

even had another mk1 for company on the ramp(although it is in a much better state than mine)

Back to the top
love that pic mate

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
yeah its a good pic,  didnt realise quite how faded mine was till the other one was next to it though,  other one is 2.0l 16v too which is a nice bonus.

mine is getting there though.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.