Skip navigation

Footman James..............BYE BYE thread

Back to the top

Footman James..............BYE BYE thread

Just got my renewal from Bishop Calway £147 fully comp + £5 fee because premium under £150  :mrgreen:  

And £38 for top Gold Standard breakdown cover (inc Europe)  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
99 quid for my TD mk1 all mods declared,3500 value,european breakdown,unlimited miles,bargain
146 quid for my mecedes 300D 1991 on a classic policy,3000 value,cheaper than a few others i tried,they even give me 10% discount for the merc as im in the mk1 golf owners club  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Just rung them today as my insurance is due, wouldn't even quote me because of the modifications my car has, back to HIC it is then by the looks of things.

'81 1.8T
BMW R1200GSA
Caddy 2k 1.8T

Back to the top
With footy James for my 93 Cabrio, policy ends Oct'10 and just added my 82 GTI for £39. :)

Been with for a cuppa years and couldn't rate em high enough.

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Called them the other day about my daily, and while I was on the phone they confirmed they would continue to insure me on my GTI when it comes up for renewal, by which time it will be 29 years old, and at the same price as last year with all mods declared 8)

Can't grumble with that…

Rich

Back to the top
just picked up this thread and can't speak highly enough of Footman James. Just insured the 16v ang the 1.5 Auto £160 fully comp for both  :D

Back to the top
A lot seems to be who you speak to on the day, some of you feel you have got a great deal, so that's great, but they were just not comparable.
I had a bump in 2008 so fair enough they may take that into consideration  :dontknow: Flux were just silly and I got the polo insured with them too.
I am over 40 too and my car is standard.
No convitions etc etc.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

jellybelly said

surley if they don't insure the majority of golfs then they shouldnt be on this site!!!!!

They shouldn't be on the site any longer.
After 2 years they will no longer insure my citi, no explanation just can not insure it.
Bye bye FJ, think because of your changing ways your going to lose at lot of business, i hope  :lol:

Back to the top
was with them for 2 yrs brilliant service then this year my premium went up on the 1.3 polo which i said had alloys fitted and blankly refused to do anything on the price…  despite getting alot cheaper quotes elsewhere… thanks FJ.

Back to the top
Well they lost another, got in touch with HIC as someone suggested in another thread, i did and got a cracking deal.
Got extra off honestly as i was told by the girl, i was best customer and made her day which was her last one working for insurance company:lol:
Shame as she was polite, liked a laugh, top sense of humor, if only other companies had peeps like her on other end of line.
Happy days, well for me anyways

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

Well they lost another, got in touch with HIC as someone suggested in another thread, i did and got a cracking deal.
Got extra off honestly as i was told by the girl, i was best customer and made her day which was her last one working for insurance company:lol:
Shame as she was polite, liked a laugh, top sense of humor, if only other companies had peeps like her on other end of line.
Happy days, well for me anyways

The lass i spoke to when i rang said "what mods has it got then?" rather than if lol. She said, I've got a 72 1300 beetle so i know it wont be standard lmao.  Asked me if i was going to dubfreeze lol

I'm really pleased with them so far, got me a cracking deal, £600 tpft and at the time i was just 25 with no no-claims and only 6months on a full license.  Not bad considering all the mods it had.

should be even cheaper when i renew in november i hope.

Jon.

Back to the top
Problem with mine is the 1.3 on a 97, always comes up as a mk3 1.4, due to it being and sa import they don't know about it and have it on there system.
She was really nice, not just give me your money nice, honestly wanted to help.
I thought as she'd go off to check to see if they can insure it, as i get it quite alot, the "Sorry we can not insure it" comment, she came back with i spoke to the manager and he knows about the rabbit and citi's, as he goes to the vw events and gets knowledge on the cars, this helped and no worries insuring it.

Back to the top
Yeah thats why I like them, when i rang to notify them of the 1300 swap, he was surprised i hadn't gone polo gt as "thats the best bang for buck small block isn't it?" i told him i was planning a 1.4 16v in a year or so and he chuckled lol

They do know their stuff. especially aircooled.

Jon.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.