Skip navigation

FOOTMAN JAMES PROBLEM

Back to the top

Finally a quote

FOOTMAN JAMES PROBLEM

Hi,  

After speaking to Dave I received a call from one of his colleagues in sales.  

The quote for my Rivage was £75 more than Heritage and after stating the car would be parked on the driveway the sales person told me if I have a garage it would be cheaper - you don't say!!!  I think I would of mentioned that fact when I was asked where the car would be kept overnight.

I have been with FJ for a couple of years with my GLi but I fear things have gone slightly downhill since there underwriter change in January.

Sorry Dave, thank you for your efforts but my business will be going elsewhere with this car.

Good luck everybody else when receiving a quote from FJ.  As I know you all will - shop around the classic insurers.

Back to the top

Re: FOOTMAN JAMES PROBLEM

Dave_at_Footman_James said

Hi Lee and everyone

I've got to the bottom of this and can now confirm that we are definately able to insure any Golf over 15 years old on the discounted club scheme.

My apologies to anyone we've told otherwise over the last few days but we have had an internal 'hiccup' which has resulted in some mixed messages being sent out

I'm aware there is another thread going regarding a Jetta which i'm still looking into and hope to report back to the OP of that one next week.

We still want to insure all your Golf's - apologies to you all for the error!!

It looks like it's going to be a rainy day at Volksworld but I hope to see some of you over the weekend!

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave

Can I just ask, when you say you can insure all golfs over 15 years old on the club discount scheme!!.

Can you confirm that all them golfs over 15 years old can be insured on a Classic Insurance Policy with the discounted club scheme, as this was not the case when I tried insuring my 19 year old Cabriolet.

You advised under no certain terms could it be insured with you on a classic policy.

Is this now not the case?

Thanks Mark

Back to the top

Re: FOOTMAN JAMES PROBLEM

Kenno said

Dave_at_Footman_James said

Hi Lee and everyone

I've got to the bottom of this and can now confirm that we are definately able to insure any Golf over 15 years old on the discounted club scheme.

My apologies to anyone we've told otherwise over the last few days but we have had an internal 'hiccup' which has resulted in some mixed messages being sent out

I'm aware there is another thread going regarding a Jetta which i'm still looking into and hope to report back to the OP of that one next week.

We still want to insure all your Golf's - apologies to you all for the error!!

It looks like it's going to be a rainy day at Volksworld but I hope to see some of you over the weekend!

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave

Can I just ask, when you say you can insure all golfs over 15 years old on the club discount scheme!!.

Can you confirm that all them golfs over 15 years old can be insured on a Classic Insurance Policy with the discounted club scheme, as this was not the case when I tried insuring my 19 year old Cabriolet.

You advised under no certain terms could it be insured with you on a classic policy.

Is this now not the case?

Thanks Mark

I would love to know if i could get this insurance on my mk1!turning 21 in a week so can finally get a relaistic price other than the £1700 i pay now!lol

Welchy

1993 Cabby Rivage

Back to the top
So dave at footman james, can you answer why you no longer will insure my MK1 golf Citi as you not had an issue for 2 years, but now you don't want to know.
It is 14 years old now, i don't have it on classic anyways, it is a mk1 golf also regardless of origin.
I do hope this is an hiccup also as i wouldn't want to go elsewhere but if needs are a must.
Both i and my wife are in late thirties have 8 years no claims, no convictions etc etc, so what is wrong with us, are we too good to be true drivers to actually be on the road in today's society that don't hit others and cause accidents, race anywhere, fit big bore exhaust and go on daddies insurance.
So we are punished for being good drivers and taking care of our golf
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.