Skip navigation

Simple Q thread...So I lowered my car 80mm in the end!! Pg3!

Back to the top

Simple Q thread...So I lowered my car 80mm in the end!! Pg3!

How low is this in mm?? on coilovers

its my car but I just want your opinions

G60 exactly the same size as my rivage wheels the tyres are 195 45 15 on both wheels err 20mm spacers on the rears 6.5j I think all the wheels offset 35mm……….if any of that matters

Back to the top
Measure from the centre of the wheel to the arch, then compare it with another (standard) car.

Back to the top
Comparing yours to mine, mine's had 40mm drop all round on struts and springs so by no means scientific I'd say 40mm back and 50mm front. I'm probably wrong, usually am  :lol:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
60mm

T

Back to the top
sweet! ok cheers guys about 60.........

Back to the top
Id say 60 too

Back to the top
i'd say room to go lower  :lol:

Back to the top
60 allround!

Back to the top
I will go for 59.8mm :lol: looks good :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

Sedge said

i'd say room to go lower  :lol:

Exactly!! I wanna go about 80mm i reckon and my new Fk's only go to 90mm so thats sound

Back to the top
Just been looking through some pictures and i want to go lower but how look at this wont it just hit the wheels??

Back to the top
Hmm i see your point about the front wheels rubbing when you've got it on full lock. I never have that problem as mines sat on tiny 13's so theres no worry of anything catching, guess theres only one way to find out  :lol:

Back to the top
lol I see what you mean well I got 15's with 195 45's thinking of stretchin on some 185 45 but worried about putting power down I have 140bhp and worried about that but i really wanna go lower but struggling to see how it is feasible??
lol

Back to the top
I'm so glad I'm getting G60's :)  They look ace!  I'd say you're 50-60mm.  In my limited experience, 40mm drop still has a little more room at the top of the wheel.

Sorry to thread hijack, but what bolts did you use with your fronts and rears, especially with the spacers?  Did you have to do away with the standard sizes?

Back to the top
i would say you are down 50mm mate,my old one was 40mm and its lower and my new one is droppedabout 12mm up from the lowest point on my coilovers, rubbing? dont worry about turning circles, just keep going straight :)

VOTE FOR MY CAR ON COTM :)
92 clipper, chrysler red, tt interior, 16" splits, slammed!

Back to the top
hope this helps, measuring the distance between the ground and the skirt im 108mm off the deck, the picture of the coily is the rears, the wheels i have are 16's x 6.5" and have no rubbing, the front is 5mm higher than the rear so i can just about avoid grounding on speed bumps, until i have a passenger then its game over, as a guess i would say im about 70-80mm lower than standard, dont know what the coilovers are but pretty sure they go 8omm max

By the way i much prefer the castelets to the g60's mate, keeps it looking rivage

Back to the top
wont let me post all the pics i have for you

Back to the top
will try again late, i notice your hood has extended sides on it to lap the windows, niiiice

Back to the top
there some nice wheels redhouse!

Back to the top
thanks fella, yeah i love em, they are racing hart type-c splits, 16's, keep chatting about putting this on coilover bags

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.