Skip navigation

Milton Keynes 6th April Easter Special

Back to the top

Milton Keynes 6th April Easter Special

We had a good turnout last meet 11 mk1's in caddy, cabby and tin top shape

We know this is the best Regional MK1OC meet. Lets keep it that way.

What does 2010 Milton Keynes Region have to offer. Curry night, Rolling Road, Treasure Hunt, Show & Shine, and representing the club on National and Local shows throughout the year.

EASTER SHOW AND SHINE,
1st prize Easter egg
2nd prize Easter egg
Everyone who enters into the spirit (funk) will win a Cadburys cream egg

Winter Location :Ikea car park,

Address:

IKEA Milton Keynes
Goslington
Off Bletcham Way
Milton Keynes MK1 1QB

When : Tuesday 6th April 2010

What time : 7.30pm onwards

FAQ`s :
Q.Do i eat at the venue?
A.If you like meatballs

Q. Can i buy flatpack furniture?
A. Yes but hide it from spud.

Q. Where do i park?
A. In the car park next to the other Mk1`s (floodlit under cover part)

Q. What if my Mk1 isnt on the road just yet?
A. Come along anyway, there is a great source of knowledge and a local member may have spare parts

Q. Will my car be photographed and put on this fantastic website?
A. Yes, Spudfingers will have is camera ready for snaps. You may even be videoed and up on You Tube

Note.. Please add to the thread if you need contact with Spudfingers as he is responsible for 70% of the posts on this thread

Q. Does anybody read this?
A. Please post…..

Can i have names for those that wish to attend Luton Festival of transport on Sunday 13th June, at Stockwood Park, Luton those who have responded so far
I have 8 tickets and preference is to those that attend the Milton Keynes meet, I will be posting in national soon so dont miss out. Its a good family day out in Luton  8O

Ant5
Dubboy
Brucieboy
Zambeaky

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
What entails in "entering" the Easter show and shine?

And yes it will be a very special meet…….I will be there, and the caddy is coming back out of winter hibbernation!! Yay! :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

Back to the top
Brilliant turn-out last meet and great to see new face, new faces becoming regulars and all the old faced brigade… you know what I mean… not that everyone has wrinkles etc I just mean the ones that show up each meet… although some do look like they'd had a hard paper-round  :lol: … I still look like a baby faced paper-boy lol….. not that I'm made out of paper you understand… I'm not some A5 sized cut out with sellotape for knees and stuff  :roll: …. annnyyyywhhoooo….

I'll be there in the lean green spudwok machine again!!  Hopefully it'll be getting lighter from now on so not too far away from cruises again  :lol:

nickl excellent news on the car mate… what bhp is it pushing out now????  Remember you have to take me out in it at some point.  The MK meet is turning into a car version of Alton Towers with Ant5 G60 and your caddy lol… Zambo looked like he "laid a brown egg in his undercrackers" when he got out of that G60  :lmao: !!…. I'm bringing huggies pull-ups when you take me out  :lol:

Back to the top

nickl said

What entails in "entering" the Easter show and shine?

And yes it will be a very special meet…….I will be there, and the caddy is coming back out of winter hibbernation!! Yay! :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

theres no point in you even entring! it'll just be…show 'n'…thats it!

Matt paint cant win a ruddy show n shine! :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Can you shine rust???  If not then I'm knackered too lol  :lol:

I will still enter so I get a cream egg though!!  I know you are all wondering… just sitting there in absolute excitement and wonderment therefore…. I won't keep you in suspence any longer…. after all… that's probably cruel I mean… you just want the answer… not reading all this fluff… so here it is… the way… the normal way…. the answer…. how I eat my cadburys cream egg…. I unwrap it, eat the top couple of cm's and then scoop out the middle…. then eat the chocolate… I'm in for show and shine!!!!  Egg me up!!!

Back to the top
By the way Bruce that rabbit on you sig still looks like it's dragging its "nipsy" across the kitchen floor like an unwell dog does 8O

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Can you shine rust???  If not then I'm knackered too lol  :lol:

I will still enter so I get a cream egg though!!  I know you are all wondering… just sitting there in absolute excitement and wonderment therefore…. I won't keep you in suspence any longer…. after all… that's probably cruel I mean… you just want the answer… not reading all this fluff… so here it is… the way… the normal way…. the answer…. how I eat my cadburys cream egg…. I unwrap it, eat the top couple of cm's and then scoop out the middle…. then eat the chocolate… I'm in for show and shine!!!!  Egg me up!!!

eat the top couple of cms, and then get in and have a bath in the yellow stuff.

nickl would be good to see you from your winter hibination..

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
lol im starting to think brucie really doesnt like my caddy! :mrgreen:

the magic is all in the engine bay and the interior now…..although both still far from completion but i think you will all agree when you see it how much better it looks for abit of hard graft!…..wonder if i could win a show and shine on those sections???! :wink:

i dont know what the power is going to be of it but its going to be some where between 190 bhp- 220bhp- will need to complete my exhaust system off and then get a rolling road setup and see what results i get but with this list im hoping for the higher end-

ABF bottom end, massively lightened and balanced flywheel, stage 3 port and polished kr head with bigger valves, stage 2 kent cams and rejetted to twin 40 spec yamy r1 bike carbs!

the car i got the head from had a 2l 16v 9a block which has tad less power and torque than the abf, didnt have the flywheel but he did have twin 40 dels on his and he had rolling road read outs of 220 bhp, so im guessing mine has to be some where near there!? :dontknow:

i will take you out and scare you at some point soon spuddy!! lets hope its all running fine for the next meet as i would love to have it there and take you for a spin! :wink:

come on haters, love the rust….embrace it (brucie!!) :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Sounds impressive nick. cant wait to see it

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
lol i cant wait for it to run in!!!! :wink:  even more ear plugs required now! :mrgreen:

Back to the top
stick it on a rolling road nick, the KR on carbs responds well to some advance on super UL

Banner

Back to the top
which rolling road do you use ? I know of one in Bletchley.

Group rolling road on the cards if there is enough interest. although i must get the boost guage fitted and find that air leak  :banghead:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
I use Southern Carbs in London, simply because they have all the jet sizes in stock so you can have a play on carb'd motors.

Banner

Back to the top
I like the sound of rajans garage- play with carbs time- mmmmmm power!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
i love your caddy nickl, im just jealous of you and your over wealming knowledge and ability, and ur car lol :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Im pleased to announce my baby :D  is up & WORKING!!!! yipeeeeee!!!!!!!! c u all there 6th April!!!!! x

Back to the top
Fuel lines etc working then!!??!?!?  Thats brilliant news and just in time for the good weather too!!!

Back to the top

legseleven said

Im pleased to announce my baby :D  is up & WORKING!!!! yipeeeeee!!!!!!!! c u all there 6th April!!!!! x

Well done  :cheer:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
If I can get a hold of some pantomime horse outfits for the Saturday/Sunday of the AGM, would some of you be up for a sprint down the horse racing track (two in a suit lol)?  

It'd be a right laugh and something for the spectators?  Forget the red faces as no one will see ya… just brings a bit of fun to the AGM.  I need to know who'd be up for a laugh before I put myself out.

Back to the top
my mot's due on the 7th of next month so im guna try and get it done this week end get it out the way…..

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.