Skip navigation

1.1 bike carbs

Back to the top

1.1 bike carbs

Hi,
Has anyone got any info or know of anyone who has run a 1.1 on individual bike carbs???

Don\'t hate the player . . .

Back to the top
i want to do the same… as soon as i got the carbs im gonna start doing it so ill let you know as i go through with it… apparently you can traipse through some polo forums but i havnt found much on things like jetting and stuff for the 1.1.

i think its gonna be a bit of trial an error :)
im still gonna have a go tho :P

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
id guess about 1.35mm for main jets on a 400 bike carb.

Back to the top
im lookin at a set of 600 carbs. cbr 600 type an i know on a 1.3 you need to drill the main jet out but not sure on a 1.1 might be able to pretty much stick them on :P
apparently you need to work out how much power you want and then look on a bike with that amount of power… or summat :P

trial and error for me all the way hehe…

Back to the top
you may find the 38mm venturis a bit large for a 1.1 which is why i suggested 400 carbs.

Back to the top
hmm. true. ill have a rethink then :P cheers man

Back to the top
I've just ordered a full setup from Bogg Bros for my 1.1 :)

What cam is suitable for the 1.1 engine? (engine code FA) Any suggestions? Will get a custom exhaust manifold made as well.

Back to the top
haha someone has money then :P nice one mate, when its on ull need to stick some pics up for us :)
and let us know about power and economy.

i was gonna get a cheapy manifold made up by Phataz1 on here but i found some plate and now its half done, just looking for the CHEAPEST possible carbs as im proper skint :P

i wanted to know cam stuff too so hopefully someone will run over this and be able to tell us. no one seems to do anything for the 1.1…

does anyone know if there is a diffrence in the 1.1 and 1.3 cams?

Back to the top
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?s=0f28b47c04a7c625e28c47b16bde520c&showtopic=67971

heres a little list of all the early factory camshafts for the mech head, giving inlet and exhaust durations . hope you guys find this useful and good luck with the project.

Rusty Hookers Dub Club

Back to the top
mate. Your a star :) i don't even know what engine i got… All i know is its a 1.1 ill find the engine code tomorrow :p

thanks again mate.

Back to the top
ok, so i got a set of Kawasaki GPZ550 carbs on the way. they got a 26mm venturi so that should be cool. jets only at .95 at the mo but im gonna drill that out a little when they turn up.

just need a balancing kit now :P

as for the jets i think im going to go a little at a time, once i got it running roughly right ill order the correct jets so there all nice and new. ill post some pics when the carbs arrive.

Back to the top
another update. i got my bike carbs. 550 carbs with a 26mm venturi, thought that would be ok as the valves arent any bigger…

i thought the jets would be .95 but after cleaning out the bowels of them as they were old i found they put 117 jets in, im thinking this should be ok…

might run a little lean under full throttle but i got a colourtune and i will have a balancing kit soon too so i should be able to set them up just right.

my mates dropping the tubing over to mine at 5 and im cutting them and welding them onto the manifold i made so all i gotta do now is drill the holes for the bolts and make some spacers for them too.

then find the rubber…
im thinking ebay again :)

ill make a walkthrough when im done so everyone can see how its done.

right gotta go, mates here with the pipe :D

cheeers!

Back to the top
looking forward to this walkthrough!

Back to the top
haha i am too!

friday im doing all the welding… ill start the walk through tomorrow night as i got a few pics of carbs and stuff, i also found a set of carb rubbers from an old bike in the garage so i dont need to hunt for silicone hose over the bank holiday.

all being good i should have her running by friday night…
im a little worried about the fuel issue tho cos theres no return on the carbs as the bike had no fuel pump. so if the fuel lifter pump goes a bit over the top i might end up with an over flow problem. more hose on the overflows should sort this if worst comes to the worst tho. got my exits covered :P
cant wait till friday!!!

Back to the top
great stuff keep us posted and let us know power figuers and economy

Don\'t hate the player . . .

Back to the top
IT RAN!!!!!

but not good enough, i need a fuel regulator and im gonna be waiting a while for one off ebay but none the less, i took it round the block… sounds nasty :) :)

i cant wait to get it running proper. ill get some pics up on my mods page :)

link here

i left my cam in the garage and my knees are killin from being over the eingine bay all day so im not goin back in there yet…

performance wise… hmmm, i had the advance hose off but i did advance the timing, once high in the revs it went better and more response.

low down its sluggish but i did have the vac hoses off. i took a tube off inlet 1 and used that for the servo so that works all good  :D

i was thinking the jetting was wrong but the carbs need balancing AND idol needs doing. fuels pissing out everywhere so iv put the standard carb back on till i get the fuel regulator.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!  :lol:

Back to the top
to solve the over flow problem you could fit a swirl pot in front? set it a bit higher than the float bowl with a gravity feed to them. when the pot is full the fuel just pumps back to the tank?

iirc you could achieve this with a filter king or similar??

Jon.

Back to the top
ill look into that :)

i was looking at this, thought it would look cool unsder the bay :P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120542378427&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

never seen a swerl pot before, i got some googling to do me thinks :)

Back to the top
ahhi see the concept now :) just hit google and saw a diagram.

so if im right its like a pot… lol
it has an in, out and return. when the bowles of the carbs are full from the gravity feed the pressure just goes down the return pipe. seems a cheaper way of doing it :)

ill get on it tomorrow.

thanks Crowson

cheeers!

Back to the top
i aim to please. i was infact looking at a load of them cheap at the show today.  

they look like this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/…ts_SM?hash=item20b016a6c2

but have an in pipe and a return pipe at the top, and and the feed pipe at the bottom!!

only the ones i looked at appeared to have clips so you can keep them mounted upright.

Jon.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.