Skip navigation

NWM meeting at Trafford Centre 11/3/10 7.30pm onwards

Back to the top

Pics

NWM meeting at Trafford Centre 11/3/10 7.30pm onwards

OK here are the pics fromlast night when Kris and I arrived!!  Like I said sadly didn't see anyone there buy had a nice drive over, next time I will go in my MK1 too so it could be 7 intotal!!

Jamie

Back to the top

trafford

im new this year n was gunna come to the meet, but sadly i didnt get my car running till today as i couldnt get hold of sum parts in time ended up repairing mine as i couldnt get hold a manifold, done a quick bodge job cos i wa fed up of my baby been locked up in garage, ill keep my eye out 4 next meet cheers, im barnsley area dont know if theres any closer meets but ill keep looking

mk3 colour concept sadly made way 4 the mighty 1982 mk1 cabbie karmann

Back to the top
Was a good night but the surprise of the night was when this guy who is a club member was passing in his Porsche and stopped looked at the cars reversed and pointed at my car and said "that used to be my car" had a godd natter and it was he who had spent all the time and money doing the reverb on my tintop and what a great job he did, Dan was his usual geeky self and as always I was completely underwhelmed as always :lol:

was good to see some of the usual suspects and like has been said before John Mellrig was there, as reliable as a Golf :lol:
 next time will plan it better so late comers can find us

cheers All for making the effort :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
If I see my name mentioned again I will start to think that I am a suspect????.
Got good info about lights,grilles and what gear oil tastes like?
Will go to the next one as well as there will be more questions that will need answering, so bear that in mind if you are considering turning up?
Thanks guys.

Back to the top
A few from son's ds

Dano had to get in the shot, my son loved this one and said that man ruined it lmao

Back to the top

Re: It was actually 6.

paneristi312 said

A friend and I had spotted the meet and decided to roll over at about 8:30 couldn't see anyone there though so parked up had a wander round Trafford Centre and then went.  We were going to come over in convoy but  in the end just came over in my friends black MK1 Gti, I took a couple of photos, will post them up this evening.  The silver MK1 was amazing!!!!

The silver one was mine and yes I do keep it clean now I that I won some meguairs wax at the annual meet 8O .. Pity we had to take the centre caps off :( But you have to do this when in machester 8)  8)

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top

Dj Ev said

paneristi312 said

A friend and I had spotted the meet and decided to roll over at about 8:30 couldn't see anyone there though so parked up had a wander round Trafford Centre and then went.  We were going to come over in convoy but  in the end just came over in my friends black MK1 Gti, I took a couple of photos, will post them up this evening.  The silver MK1 was amazing!!!!

The silver one was mine and yes I do keep it clean now I that I won some meguairs wax at the annual meet 8O .. Pity we had to take the centre caps off :( But you have to do this when in machester 8)  8)

Alright mate, just saw you this morning again in Altham. Was in Kris' car again, where you based?

Jamie

Back to the top

Dano said

We had 5 cars there tonight.

The usual people turned up,

A5OPY
DjEv
Mellrig
Peddersgolf (well it was on his back door!!)
Dano

Where was everyone else?? Next thing we know we'll be accused of having a 'clique' and not making folk welcome!!!  :roll:

Come on folk, lets get it together and make the 2010 meets better attened.  :wink:

I TURNED UP DANO……………………

Back to the top

paneristi312 said

J

Were you the two guys i spoke to when i also arrived slightly later??

I was the fat lad in the mint XR3i………??

(FAT LAD…….MEANING:  SAME SALAD AVOIDANCE DIET AS  A5OPY)

Back to the top

paneristi312 said

Dj Ev said

paneristi312 said

Alright mate, just saw you this morning again in Altham. Was in Kris' car again, where you based?

Jamie

Based in oswaldtwistle. Dont usually use mk1 that much but my daily failed its mot so its off the road for now. Where u from? 8)  8)

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top

522AYD said

paneristi312 said

J

Were you the two guys i spoke to when i also arrived slightly later??

I was the fat lad in the mint XR3i………??

(FAT LAD…….MEANING:  SAME SALAD AVOIDANCE DIET AS  A5OPY)

Yeah. We had a mooch round the Trafford centre then went to chillfactor.

Back to the top
Is that Yeah it was you????

or Yeah i'm fat?????

type your words carefully………..lol

Back to the top
NOTE-TO-SELF

Keep an eye in the regional section of this forum! I didn't see this thread till now otherwise I would've definately been there - I only live 6 miles away  :redfaced:  would've been good to meet you guys!  

OOOPS!

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black
Mars Red Campaign - work in progress
MK1 GTi Sportline '92' J Red

Back to the top
Hi everyone, only just seen this too..  would be good to meet up.  How often do you have these get togethers?

cheers
Tony

Back to the top
It's every couple of months or so but we're going to be entering show season soon so it all gets a bit hectic then!!!

Where abouts in Preston are you?

522AYD - you need to be in the photo to be classed as 'being there'!!!!!  :lol:

Back to the top
in Ashton, a stones throw away from the chemist at the corner of Ashton Park/Pedders Lane..

I will keep a better eye open for meets :)

Back to the top

Dano said

522AYD - you need to be in the photo to be classed as 'being there'!!!!!  :lol:

Well i didnt dream it……………..

Two guys on here said they saw a fat lad in a mint XR3i…………..or is that really it DANO the dreaded XR word, never to be spoken at a vw meet…….lol

Anyway it will be up for sale soon got bored of it, and i dont half my  TVR Griffith may get another one and AA membership…..lol

Back to the top
What a fab pick the cars looks great together when you doing the next meeting?!

Rachel Ward

Warrington, Cheshire
There are too many online users to list.