Back to the top

NWM meeting at Trafford Centre 11/3/10 7.30pm onwards

Just checking are we still up for tomorrow and if so who's coming along
I shud be there if alls well
8)  8)

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
Just the usuals by the look of it then!!!

The Manchester 'where's our meet' crew haven't even replied!!!!

Come on, where are all the owners from around Manchester, Warrington, St Helens, Oldham, Stockport, Bolton etc. This location was chosen especially for you guys!!!

Back to the top

Dano said

Just the usuals by the look of it then!!!

The Manchester 'where's our meet' crew haven't even replied!!!!

Come on, where are all the owners from around Manchester, Warrington, St Helens, Oldham, Stockport, Bolton etc. This location was chosen especially for you guys!!!

How many's usual Dano?????????

Andy

Back to the top
is it the covered car park as you come into the centre just by the ski slope ie just off the motorway 1st exit as you come down off the bridge jnc 10 M60? as thats where I will be

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

is it the covered car park? as thats where I will be

yes that's where I was thinking. It probably won't be raining tomorrow but it may be icy and the cover will help with non defrosting.

A5OPY, Ill see you there. I'll do M61/M60.

Back to the top
'tis looking unlikely I'll make it, sorry  :(

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

Back to the top
Just seen this a couple of us might pop over from burnley. If we are welcome

Back to the top
I'll be along.
Bringing my youngest well, a 9 year old with me, got his new ds xl and loves taking pics, loves mk1's so an evening out for him also, so smile for camera lol.
See you there
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
Excellent Pete, glad to see you there!

Dingles are more than welcome, more the merrier!! :P

Back to the top
You lot going to be the first to try the "drive thru challenge"?  :lol:

Back to the top
It would be a pretty all order to get up the escalators, thorugh the mall (Blues Brothers/ Italian Job stylee!), into the large round hall that looks like a take off of the Titanic film and a slow trundle past the servery!!!!!

It would be fun though!!!  :lol:

Back to the top
LOL…. where's your dedication…. :wink:

Back to the top
We had 5 cars there tonight.

The usual people turned up,

A5OPY
DjEv
Mellrig
Peddersgolf (well it was on his back door!!)
Dano

Where was everyone else?? Next thing we know we'll be accused of having a 'clique' and not making folk welcome!!!  :roll:

Come on folk, lets get it together and make the 2010 meets better attened.  :wink:

Back to the top
Sorry I couldn't make it but there's four there didn't go bowling  8O

John (mellrig) appears to be the 'Man for all Meets' tho' good on ya  :D
Apologies I didn't get down with the fogs John, have you resolved your issue?? If not let me know.

Chris

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

Back to the top
Asopy's backdoor also :wink:
Good laugh's, and chin wag's.
Location was good choice, got pics to post up from my lads ds when i get back tonight .
Good night considering turn out, shame Bubblleeeeee dampened it a little, earache all way home.
Nice to see faces again
Pete :wink:

Back to the top

It was actually 6.

A friend and I had spotted the meet and decided to roll over at about 8:30 couldn't see anyone there though so parked up had a wander round Trafford Centre and then went.  We were going to come over in convoy but  in the end just came over in my friends black MK1 Gti, I took a couple of photos, will post them up this evening.  The silver MK1 was amazing!!!!

J

Back to the top
hi guys,

i'm the guy in the brown caddy that you left a message for, had one of those moments when i read the message and you said you were behind me…..a quick look over my shoulder, i thought you were going to jump out from behind the parked cars!!

getting that note made my night, its what the vw scene is all about, all the money we spend, all the grazed knuckles, all of the hours on the car and on the net, and those little moment of doubt when you contemplate selling it just fade away, i gave my truck a little pat on the dash last night!

i was shopping with the missus so didn't get out until late, i spun by on the way to the exit but i guess you had all gone for a wander by then. Your cars are so clean, i could of spent ages looking round them, made mine look like it was ready for the scrappage scheme!

Haydn

Back to the top
Guys, Shame you missed us.

We were talking by the cars for ages. We even met Normski who is famous for his creations such as the grey Audi TT on Bentley wheels a few years ago. He stopped to chat and told us that he used to own A5OPY's black hatchback (now renamed The Wh*re cause its had sooo many partners!!!). Andy was a little surprised at the level of geekiness coming out in the converstaion from all sides!!!!  :lol:

Following photos we went inside to have a brew and a sit down where the cafes are, next to the 'swimming pool'.

Andy went shopping (like a girl !) and left us to talk about manly stuff like , girls - sorry, sorry that was grilles, spot lamps, fog light switches, fighting etc etc!!!!  :roll:

Then it was away for the night a a blast round the M60 & home.

A good night was had I thought.  :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.