i voted against anyway
i would have to :dontknow:  :wink:

Back to the top
i vote against too  [marq=right]:wink: [/marq]
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Back to the top
If it aint got golf written on it then shouldn`t be allowed…

:lol:  :lol: Simples.

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
If having jettas and caddys for sale on here is such a big deal why does noone complain about the threads started in the "Your Mk1 Golf, Cars & Projects" sub forum about these cars?

Im not actually saying they should be allowed to be put up for sale on here. I dont really mind either way as its a good site. I just dont understand how selling them on here is a problem but showing them on here isnt..

Back to the top
There is nothing stopping anyone even if they own a ford XR3 from becoming a member of this club.

Anyone with any of the Mks in question can view all the technical topics of this site to gain knowledge on the bits their cars share with the MK1.

Anyone regardless of ownership of a vehicle can post questions on sections of the site if its none Mk1 Golf related it goes into Gen Chat.

The only restrictions on this site for those who don't own a MK1 are

A guaranteed place on a club stand at shows.

To Advertise your None Mk1 in the cars for sale section (the reason for this is it would open the door to anyone selling anything, including an XR3)

so if you struggle with these very few and simple rules please find a Club that suits your needs.

If you own a VW Mk1 Golf welcome to a very exclusive club..

And I hope we can keep it this way (Its good to be different than all the other clubs out there, isn't it?)

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Let the dude sell his Jetta…

The words "not allowed"

Should not really pop up on this forum.

Tbh caddys/jettas are mk1s just not 'Golfs'

So i supose technically as its not a golf it should not but its better than going to a scrap yard.

Keeps them alive and mk1 jettas need it, less of them than golfs and there not enough of them so… make the msot of what youve got.

(Dont sell it) :)

Back to the top
I'm thinking Jettas count as Golfs, TBH. Sciroccos share practically no panels with a Mk 1, you don't get Mk 1 Golfs wearing Scirocco front ends, etc.

You may as well exclude Westys/Rabbits on the distinction.

2008 Citro'n C6 (C6 RTK)
1993 Jeep Cherokee. 1985 Scimitar SS1
132 cars in 18 years…

Past VWs: Mk 1 Clipper, Mk 2 Polo, Beetles, Beetle Cab, Buses, Passats, Sciroccos, Golf Mk 2 GTis, Jetta Syncro, New Beetle Cabrio

Back to the top

To Advertise your None Mk1 in the cars for sale section (the reason for this is it would open the door to anyone selling anything, including an XR3)

so if you struggle with these very few and simple rules please find a Club that suits your needs.

Xr3,they share,part's with the GOLF GTI. can we sell them them……………….NO…….

Back to the top

ftj said

Let the dude sell his Jetta…

The words "not allowed"

Should not really pop up on this forum.

Tbh caddys/jettas are mk1s just not 'Golfs'

So i supose technically as its not a golf it should not but its better than going to a scrap yard.

Keeps them alive and mk1 jettas need it, less of them than golfs and there not enough of them so… make the msot of what youve got.

(Dont sell it) :)
sell all but the shell,and a few other body pannels m8, it is not a mk1 GOLF

Back to the top

jaycab said

\

What a well-reasoned argument.

Seriously. What does a Ford XR3 share with a Golf GTi?

The Jetta is a Golf with a boot. Why on earth would people selling the saloon variant of the car you're all purporting to be enthusiasts of "open the door to people selling anything". It would open the door to people selling the four-door (and 2 door, rarity indeed) variations of the Golf. That's it. What about the build thread for the Jetta wagon someone started? Was that massively OT because it's "not a Golf"?

I can see the point for excluding the Scirocco just as I'd expect Corrado owners to exclude Mk II/III Golfs and Mk III Passats, despite sharing the platform. However, the Jetta is a variation on the Golf car rather than the Golf platform.

Yep, it's up to the club to be what it wants to be and ultimately I don't care either way, but at least come up with a decent argument for excluding a car which has more in common with a Mk 1 Golf than a Caddy does (same wheelbase, same rear suspension), is arguably rarer and more in need to support, and offers an unusual and distinctive variation for enthusiasts.

Personally, if I had the money/time/skill I'd have a go at making a Jetta 2 door into a Karmann-based cabriolet.

2008 Citro'n C6 (C6 RTK)
132 cars in 18 years…

Past VWs: Mk 1 Clipper, Mk 2 Polo, Beetles, Beetle Cab, Buses, Passats, Sciroccos, Golf Mk 2 GTis, Jetta Syncro, New Beetle Cabrio

Back to the top
They share the k-jet fuel inj,so i meant the XR3I not the lowly XR3,my typing is not what it should be, :redfaced:

Back to the top

RichardKC6 said

jaycab said

\

What a well-reasoned argument.

Seriously. What does a Ford XR3 share with a Golf GTi?

The Jetta is a Golf with a boot. Why on earth would people selling the saloon variant of the car you're all purporting to be enthusiasts of "open the door to people selling anything". It would open the door to people selling the four-door (and 2 door, rarity indeed) variations of the Golf. That's it. What about the build thread for the Jetta wagon someone started? Was that massively OT because it's "not a Golf"?

I can see the point for excluding the Scirocco just as I'd expect Corrado owners to exclude Mk II/III Golfs and Mk III Passats, despite sharing the platform. However, the Jetta is a variation on the Golf car rather than the Golf platform.

Yep, it's up to the club to be what it wants to be and ultimately I don't care either way, but at least come up with a decent argument for excluding a car which has more in common with a Mk 1 Golf than a Caddy does (same wheelbase, same rear suspension), is arguably rarer and more in need to support, and offers an unusual and distinctive variation for enthusiasts.

Personally, if I had the money/time/skill I'd have a go at making a Jetta 2 door into a Karmann-based cabriolet.

thankyou richard, you put it alot better than me. i raised all these points but people only seem to answer what they can and ignore the very valid comments!  ps, a friend of mine recently created a jetta coupe out of a four door, the boy has skills.

i personally would come on here more if more of the regular posters were a little more supportive and less quick to criticize, strikes me there are alot of armchair modders on here.

muttley racing ftmfw

Back to the top

jaycab said

They share the k-jet fuel inj,so i meant the XR3I not the lowly XR3,my typing is not what it should be, :redfaced:
aleast the early ones did the later had efi which is i belive is the ke-jettronic or as we might know them is digifant

Back to the top
One of the reasons that we don't cater fir the Jetta is because there is a club already set up for that specific model. The chairman of this club has contacted his counterparts of the Jetta, Scirrocco and Caddy forums and enquired if a) a Golf would be encouraged and b) if their clubs would suffer as a result of this club taking away their membership.

The answers were a) no and b) yes respectively.

To that end we don't encourage the cars on the Golf forum.

If I wanted to buy a Mk1 Golf Id look on here, if I wanted a Mk1 Jetta Id look on the Jetta forum.

Back to the top

Dano said

One of the reasons that we don't cater fir the Jetta is because there is a club already set up for that specific model. The chairman of this club has contacted his counterparts of the Jetta, Scirrocco and Caddy forums and enquired if a) a Golf would be encouraged and b) if their clubs would suffer as a result of this club taking away their membership.

The answers were a) no and b) yes respectively.

To that end we don't encourage the cars on the Golf forum.

Ahhhh. I get it. "They did it first, sir".

What nonsense. What if I have a Mk 1 Golf and a Mk 1 Jetta? There's also a Mk 1 Cabriolet forum run by a member here; should all the cabrio owners depart ASAP and use that forum instead (I don't, I find this forum fine - so you've deprived him of a member by not making that distinction)? I can't find a club specific to the Mk 1 Jetta, either - there's one that caters for ALL models of Jetta (which is a considerably wider remit; and the first thing I see in their classifieds is a Mk 2 Golf). Ultimately people choose their forums on the strength of support and membership and there are countless competing ones - as a Mk 1 specific forum with good trader support and a wide membership it seems downright ridiculous to exclude a vehicle which is essentially the same car in all but name.

This group is best placed to support Mk 1 Jetta owners and enthusiasts, and rejecting their membership and content is crazy. Let THEM make the decision which forum they think offers the best support, don't do it for them. If the other forums are worried about losing their members, then they should step up the support and content they offer; if it's not feasible then maybe they're looking at too small a niche or aren't working as hard on it. Sciroccos are a distinctly different car, predating the Golf and occupying a very different demographic as a sporting coupé.

2008 Citro'n C6 (C6 RTK)
132 cars in 18 years…

Back to the top
hi
slightly different angle to think about!
Im from the highlands of Scotland where your lucky if they are Handfull of mk1 golfs on the road , so i would welcome the golf with a boot to hopefully bring the nos up.
baz.

Back to the top
the front of a jetta isnt same as a mk1 golf is it?

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Can I sell my Mk2 Golf on here? Its got some parts that are nearly the same and it says Golf on the back?  :dontknow:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.