Skip navigation

guys need help!!! please any would be nice

Back to the top

guys need help!!! please any would be nice

so have i bought a lemon is that what your saying is it cool for old skool or bin to win

Back to the top
you've bought a good one if its not rotten and a peech

stick an mot on it and its worth £800 of anyones money

1.3 are getting rare as people are just sticking a big engine in them

get some more pics up in the light but it looks good

any mk1 for £150 is a good one :)

Banner

Back to the top

bertmk1swallowtail said

so have i bought a lemon is that what your saying is it cool for old skool or bin to win

I dont know, I've not seen the car. Its a car with no MoT. Parts are readily available (compared to other cars of its age, and better parts availability than many newer cars!) and they're not complicated compared to modern cars. You paid what its worth, in a way proving the price guide is still fairly accurate. If its just the brakes that were the MoT failure reason and its underbody is not corroded (which is hard to show in pics, and hard to properly look at without poking around and taking the rear axle off anyway) and the brakes have been fixed anyway, but for some reason it was never re-tested, then its a good deal. Its a solid colour and these tend not to rust as much as metallics.

Back to the top

bertmk1swallowtail said

Mate its fine… it's not a series 1 but it is well worth your £150.  Keep it, stick an MOT on it and enjoy it… everyone (near enough) has series2 mk1's.  They're what most people saw in the 80's and what everyone has… your car is nice keep it  :lol:

Back to the top
thanks a sensible reply so i have a series 2 m1 golf cl
its been garged all its life it honstly drives like a new car itt goes like stink i wish some one would help me go through it to make it a true show car

Back to the top
TBH there's not that much difference between series 1 and 2 anyway. Just a difference in their perceived values. I'm unconvinced this actually translates into higher actual value (as in, the price cars are bought and sold at) anyway.

Back to the top
it wasnt retested due to old dorris passing away and son a usless gonad it is as far as ihave looked through it very good condition

Back to the top

bertmk1swallowtail said

you aint seen have you why do you seem like you have attitude these forums are all th bloody same there is always one thats got to be better than the rest and put people down!!!! whats your issue
That's our paul c,you have to get use, to  his style of post,dont be offened m8,look how long he bin around  people come on just trying there hand to sell stuff,mk1 are a way of life not just for crimbo :dontknow:  :wink:

Back to the top
fair enough i just wanted to know wat i had before spunkin money into it tbh

Back to the top

bertmk1swallowtail said

thanks a sensible reply so i have a series 2 m1 golf cl
its been garged all its life it honstly drives like a new car itt goes like stink i wish some one would help me go through it to make it a true show car

I have 2 series 2's mate and they're cracking… basically they're all mk1's just slight variations and hardly any series 1's are left.  Where ya based?  get yourself to a meet near you you'll be welcomed  :wink:

Back to the top
budleigh salterton devon i drive a combo van bud so turning up in that would be classedd as disrespectful lol

Back to the top

bertmk1swallowtail said

budleigh salterton devon i drive a combo van bud so turning up in that would be classedd as disrespectful lol

LOL… you don't have to own a mk1 to go to the meets bud…. I've been turning up in my vectra for 3-4 months lol …. both mk1's were off the road.  just good to show your car off and chat to fellow mk1 owners  :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.