Skip navigation

'83 Golf GTi Engineering mit Oettinger

Back to the top

gti

'83 Golf GTi Engineering mit Oettinger

Another nice find,are u putting the bumpers back to black or did GTI Eng paint them that way?

Back to the top
Wow! And in what a lovely condition aswell! How do you manage to find them!?

1992 Pearl Green Clipper Cab - 16v (9a block, KR head, GSXR600 Carbs) :)

Back to the top
nice car , my first mk1 came from lambs, and my cousin had originaly made the number plates when new …….the names on the service books were still  working there, good group of blokes …

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Very nice car indeed Rajan :mrgreen:

Is that it's official reg no?

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

mark83 said

Awesome!!!

How do you  keep finding them? :dontknow:

Never knew gti engineering did a Oettinger 16v conversion.Any idea how many cars had this conversion?

What stud pattern are the zenders?

Only existing Mk1 2000E/16 I know of worldwide, never mind by GTi Engineering. Seen a 1800E/16 in Germany before. Zenders are 4x100.

Banner

Back to the top
purely stunning. speechless!

1983 Mars red MK1 Wagen.

Back to the top
Just sheared the downpipe going over a yomp. Arse! I was thinking about a new system anyway. Hmmm....

Banner

Back to the top

Carbs4ever said

That is a tidy car! Bet it goes well too… lovely!

YES IT DOES!!
mainly on by-passes in Beds & Bucks
ehh dubboy :wink:  :wink:

Back to the top
Lovely car Rajan!! Nicely sought out mate!  8)

Back to the top
Are the bumpers & mirrors the same at Pirelli edition ones or have they just been sprayed?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

dubboy said

Just sheared the downpipe going over a yomp.

What a car to get run over by!!  :lol:

Back to the top
hi duboy, don't know if you've seen the other guy on here with a mk1 tintop with 2ltr oettinger? his name is sweetmk1dub, and it's on page 2 of car's and projects, no idea how original it is, as he doesn't 'post' much, yours is amazing, and i admit i'm jealous! lol, keep on dubbin bud,  :)  al

Back to the top
What a find!!!! needless to say im jealous lol! good luck with the build!

drive a tuned mk1 golf gti, and a 20vt mk2

Back to the top
Not having fun with this. The downpipe is being a real pain to get off. Ended up grinding off the downpipe at the flange for better access. The nuts were well rusted onto the studs. Now the manifold is off and a broken stud in the head. The manifold is a unique Oettinger casting so will have to remove all the studs. These engines have the serviceability of chocolate pudding. I can see a full rebuild coming on...

Banner

Back to the top

The Zenders are not doing it for me, perhaps some Schmidts or BBS RS. She's worth it.
The colour coding, appreciate this was fashionable at the time though and is original
+
Originality
The History
The Power !

Nice one, keep up the good work.

8V
16V
Sportline
Campaign

Back to the top

mk1Sportline said

The Zenders are not doing it for me, perhaps some Schmidts or BBS RS. She's worth it.
The colour coding, appreciate this was fashionable at the time though and is original
+
Originality
The History
The Power !

Nice one, keep up the good work.

Cheers bud. Zenders are on because I like them, the cost, they are GTi Engineering original wheel and finally as this is my "daily" Mk1 they are easy to keep clean.

Banner

Back to the top
Zender sports! What spec are yours? I have a set that need a refurb taking the lacquer off and polishing. Mine are a 7j et30 if i recall correctly, seem a few variations in dish size. Cool to see some similar to mine looking good instead of corroding from water under lacquer!

Back to the top
I'm hearing that about the 'daily', I've been on BBS before and the toothbrush cleaning wears thin pretty quickly.

8V
16V
Sportline
Campaign

Back to the top
hi dubboy
i replied you on another site
if you are looking for a stainless manifold i know were to get some
I got one for mine
i know what you are talking about with the stud i snap 2 when i took my manifold of
and if you are looking for a bit more oomph
i also know were to get some oettinger 272° cams
bigger then the one fitted on your engine
and even if the G63C was the plugs recommended you can get cheaper one who work as well
been recommended by one ex oettinger technician
well you are a lucky man one 1600 E and a 2000 E
which one do you prefer ?
Romain

Back to the top
So it begins, engine out.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.