Skip navigation

World cup predictions!!

Back to the top

World cup predictions!!

Hiya Spud, opened the master copy and my computer told me macros are disabled as they not been verified as safe or digitally signed

:?

Is this an issue????

Chris

:imwithstupid:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

kavlfc said

Hiya Spud, opened the master copy and my computer told me macros are disabled as they not been verified as safe or digitally signed

:?

Is this an issue????

Chris

No mate it's formulas (or formulee or whatever) so will work fine mate

No e-mail from Italian Dave yet.  As soon as  I get it (Icant get the attachment on his previous e-mail) I'll bung the new version over.  If I don't have it by 2pm then his scores will be invalid until I get it so it's fair.

Back to the top
E-mailed Italian Dave to resend his predictions

[marq=left] The world cup kicks off at 3pm today with South Africa V Mexico…. and I'm stuck at work Not getting drunk  :banghead: [/marq]

Back to the top
And what a cracking start to the world cup!!!!  Great opening game!!!  South Africa 1 - 1 Mexico!!!  How does that leave us all?  Enter the first games scores into the spreadsheet and here's the table (another game at 7.30pm tonight which is France V Uruguay):-

Pos Name——-PTS-GLD
1—Neo283——3—–0
1—TrickyHarris-3—–0
3—Spud———1—–2
4—Daz1971—–0—–1
4—JellyBelly—-0—–1
4—Kavlfc——–0—–1
4—MikeyT——-0—–1
4—Sedge——-0——1
4—Yomp——–0—–1
10–A5OPY——0——2
10–Wee Tony–0——2
12–Drewpro—-0——3

Bring on the next game…. THE WORLD CUP BEGINS!!!!!  Mates house tomorrow night for the England game!!!

Back to the top
come on!!!!!!!!!!!

beer beer and more beer!!!

Banner

Back to the top
France V Uruguay was a bore of a game and ended 0-0…. not one of us had that as a draw lol.

So summing up the first days games…. tricky and neo launch off to a 3point haul.  You may think that's a lot but if you get 4 games spot on that's 12 points!!!  That's what makes this such a good like game… it's a marathon this preictions thing… not a sprint… I'd still rather have their points though  :mrgreen: … not much change apart from goal difference so here is the table before Englands big game tomorrow:-

Pos_Name_______PTS__GLD
1___Neo283______3____2
1___TrickyHarris__3____2
3___Spud________1____3
4___Yomp________0____2
5___Sedge_______0____3
6___JellyBelly_____0____4
6___Kavlfc   _______0____4
6___MikeyT_______0____4
6___WeeTony_____0____4
10__A5OPY_______0____5
11__Daz1971_____0____6
11__Dewpro______0____6

I've just noticed I have Ivory Coast to beat Brazil 3-1 later on lol… not sure I really thought these scores over you know  :redfaced:

Back to the top
my scores seem a little high !! right off to volksfest to watch the England game….come on boys 8)  8)  8)

Banner

Back to the top

daz1971 said

my scores seem a little high !! right off to volksfest to watch the England game….come on boys 8)  8)  8)

Korea V Greece, Argentina V Nigeria then England V USA….. today is a brilliant fixture list!!!  All these will really be going for it… I'm off to do a bit to the mk1 then off to get leathered!!!

Back to the top
Well after the S Korea 2-0 Greece game… lots of us are now on 3 points and most have at least 1 point now!!!  Argentina V Nigera next and all of them have the Argies to win from 2-0 all the way to 5-3…..  Lets see how this goes before heading off to my mates with the missus and friends…… No updates until tomorrow as I will be temporarily blind and slightly nausious tonight!!!

Back to the top
poor result for england last night should have won really

but the team look promising

Banner

Back to the top
We made chances which is good, unfortunately some of them were ideal for Crouch (crosses) but he hadn't come on by then. As for Green . . . . . . . as a fully paid up member of the goalkeepers union it happens. Just bad timing on his part, outfield players drop a gooly there's generally someone there to cover, as a keeper you're stuffed and it usually costs a goal, hey ho!!! Better to come from the boys me thinks  :pray:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Newspaper headlines made me chuckle this morning "Hand of Clod" :lol:  :lol:

I spent the bulk of last night trying to get a macro to work in excel so at a click of a button it updates a league table with our scores etc..

Struggling to get it to do a sort on the Goal difference though :banghead:

Back to the top

Yomp said

I spent the bulk of last night trying to get a macro to work in excel so at a click of a button it updates a league table with our scores etc..

I've put a table on mine.  What you do is highlight it all, click data, click "sort" then make sure the filters are PTS - Descending, GLD Ascending and then name Ascending.  Does anyone want me to forward them this?  If so I can pm you my number and talk you through what I do?

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Yomp said

I've put a table on mine.  What you do is highlight it all, click data, click "sort" then make sure the filters are PTS - Descending, GLD Ascending and then name Ascending.  Does anyone want me to forward them this?  If so I can pm you my number and talk you through what I do?

I'll take it! :lol:

Back to the top
No worries.  Lads you all have an update spreadsheet in your e-mail.  Download it to your desktop and use this one.

There is now a table at the bottom.  Update the scores as normal then press Ctrl and the letter u.  This will update the league positions at the bottom.  It's now all done for you  :mrgreen:

Let me know if you hit issues.

Back to the top
Just found out that England have an 11-1 chance of victory accoring to the bookies..

So with my maths, if you put in £20… you'll lose £20

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
According to my table as kindly donated by spud the positions after the 1st weekend are:

Funny how the organiser is at the top..hmmmm.. :|

Pos   Name   PTS   GLD
1   Spud   9   9
2   TrickyHarris   8   12
3   Sedge   7   14
4   Dewpro   6   14
5   Neo283   5   10
6   MikeyT   5   14
7   Daz1971   5   28
8   Yomp   3   15
9   Kavlfc   3   16
10   WeeTony   3   17
11   JellyBelly   2   14
12   A5OPY   2   19

Back to the top
I get a run time error '438' when I do the Ctrl + u thing  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Window appears with a debug option, computers  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  

Luddite

Back to the top

kavlfc said

I get a run time error '438' when I do the Ctrl + u thing  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Window appears with a debug option, computers  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  

Luddite

I got the same. Are you on 2003 version?

Back to the top
Yeah sorry about that I used Excel 2007 and it has issues when saving to earlier versions.  I've just sent you all an Excel 2003 version.

Save it to your desktop and use this instead of your other form.  When you open it, click "enable macros" then update the scores… press Crtl and u and the positions will change to reflect the new points.

Any issues let me know…..

I'm doing well at the min but I bet I finish mid table…. I couldn't win a race even if I was the only one entering :mrgreen:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.