Skip navigation

peter best

Back to the top

peter best

ManicGTI said

Any idea if they cover modified Mk1s?

They do, and are competitive.

Back to the top
Amazing. My renewal with ecar was £800 plus a £120 charge for paying monthly.

Peter Best? £146. Limited to 3000 miles but that's more than enough for me.

Back to the top
Another one to agree they are fantastic..

Back to the top

peter best is the best

hi all was with footman james but got a quot of 2587 for this year  old quote for last year was 169 fully comp and gon up a very lot  so put phone down  so went a for a mooch on net and got peter best quote of 131 for this year
and took it there and then
later that day footman james phone me back and sead thay gave me the wrong quote and wood i like a the new one at 186 with just 1500 miles  but beter best gave me 3000 miles  and brack down  buzzing
and i sead no thanks gon with a new one peter best sorry as thay take very long time to pick phone up when you have to phone them and cost lots to phone footman james and you are on for a long time
but peter best pick phone up very quik and you are not on for long
buzzing for this year  hope it stays this low nexet year
so dos help looking as i thort i wood have to sale my golf as over 2g was a lot fot quote  from fj and thay have the p==ss to phone me back and try to beet peter pest,s quote

Back to the top
8O

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm 21, and they just quoted me £391 fully comprehensive for a 1.1 with modifications declared - basically half of what the quotes from admiral and lancaster were.

Sorted  :D

Back to the top
Peter Best were brilliant for me as well, Golf over to them on a classic policy.  MX as a daily..:p

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Anyone know if PB do classic multi-car policies????

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
me, 31 year old advance driver, full no claims no convictions car garaged over night 5k limited mileage 2.5k value. live in quiet village of holmfirth - little if any crime,
peter best £234 comp 200 excess, includes legal and recovery
adrian flux £156 comp 100 excess, includes legal and recovery pay monthly also.
lancaster 153 comp 200 excess, includes legal only

adrian flux for me i think.  :mrgreen:

UG

Back to the top
cancel my last!!! lol

lancaster re contacted me and quoted 134 comp, 100 excess legal cover windscreen cover and monthly payment on 6k limited mileage which is plenty for my tin top gti!, well happy!

UG

Back to the top
Hmmmmm.
Was looking at changing the Car, for a newer model a 1992, but Lancaster said it was not classic as not 25 years plus, so they would not cover it….
They contacted the undrewriters who would insure it for an extra £40.00, but limit it only to SDP and not commuting.
I use my Cabby as a  summer car and just like my polo use it to drive work and back and out at the weekends.
It seems pointless insuring it just to drive on a Sunday.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
ahhh can't get a quote on my 1.3 mk1 =(.. because im 19
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.