Skip navigation

Heated seats

Back to the top

Heated seats

HI cheers for the offer and i might take you up on that

Its still in the garage at the moment its needed a new clutch and gear box and i had  a new engine belt on to make sure as dont when it  was last replaced ! also the body work although no rust any where needs some spraying

Its crazy what people do over the years to cars isnt it ?

i had to locate all the correct badges , alloys , gear knob ( mine  had a man city gear knob )  that came off straight away!  

so its costing me  at the moment  but hopefully i can get it back to its glory i think the seat will be the last job

jay

Jay

1990 - MK1 GOLF CADDY PICKUP  | 1980 - MINI GT 1275  | 2005 - RENAULT TRAFIC CAMPER

Back to the top
Has anyone got a spare switch my rivage heated seats  switch is broke !!

pm me if so please

jay

Jay

1990 - MK1 GOLF CADDY PICKUP  | 1980 - MINI GT 1275  | 2005 - RENAULT TRAFIC CAMPER

Back to the top
cross your fingers and ring vw  part number 161963563  I think

pm funkstar

or ask shamstar on his post

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=86770&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=breaking+rivage&start=90

or put a wanted post up

good luck  8)

Back to the top
cheers i asked funkstar he does not have one , so fingers crossed

cheers for your help

jay

Jay

Back to the top
drop this guy a pm on ed38:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/member.php?297437

he lives in canadia so has access to a lot of heated seat kits. got my mk2 stuff from him. mk1/2/3 kits are all basically the same, only difference is some of the plugs changed shape over the years, and obviously the dash switch is a different shape. a corrado/passat switch might work, its same orientation as a mk1 switch, though i guess its not quite the right shape to fit the mk1 dah hole…

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

Heated Seat element

Hi,
Does anyone know if there are any heated seat elements on the market that fit the original seats and wiring conectors in a Rivage???
Long shot.
Thanks for any help/advice.

Back to the top
im afraid not. the main issue is you need the thermistor to make the dial work correctly. the aftermarket stuff just has on/off, or if posh off/warm/hot.

if you can get the right spec thermistor you can convert the aftermarket stuff to work in a mk1 vag kit, or if you had some scrap heat panels you could chop it out of

Back to the top

heated seats

I have the switch and wiring up to and under the seats, but no pads in the seats (my car is a rivage)
I just need the seat heating pads with the correct connector.

Back to the top
so pm the guy on ed38, or wait till some mk1/2/3 pads come up locally. you might be waiting a while though they arnt common

Back to the top
I finally got hold of a seat heater switch so im very happy ! downfall seats still not heating up ! the replys are all clicking is there a fuse for the seat heaters ?

Jay

Back to the top
if the relays click then the fuses are ok, what it could be is a broken element in the pads common problem. check the wires to the seats get voltage too when switched on

Back to the top
yeah i check again ! still happy i got the switch it might even mean that my old switch will work as well

Jay

Back to the top
How did DG get on with this ?

What do i need to look out for in regards to the seat heat elements , what other models are the same ?

is there a fuse i can check what number ?

Jay

Back to the top

heated seats

I had a loom, relays and some seat pads shipped from Canada ages ago.

'Mario' the guy on E38 is a cool guy, the only problem is the connectors look like Mk3, so if i use them i will need to alter my factory loom connector.

I did however manage to get my loom/switch working after ordering the stuff, so i now have power to the connector under each seat. I may get some carbon pads and just alter my connector, just unsure if my 'variable' heat dash switch will work as i don't want just 'on' or 'off'

Relays and wiring for sale if anyone is interested £50 posted. May also sell the pads (3 only, 2 backs 1 seat, all second hand, untested) £75 the lot (with relays and wiring) posted.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.