Skip navigation

whos up for a run over the lecht (scotland) in May

Back to the top

whos up for a run over the lecht (scotland) in May

S84 said

More bad news from me aswell im afraid,

Im going to head up to Skye for the weekend so will miss the run, totally gutted  :cry:  it's shaping up to be some meet. Cant' wait for the pics.

The good new is, i've decided to take my Mk1 to Skye and make a run of it, Dundee area to Skye and back!, can't say im not slightly anxious, but i know ill regret it if i dont go for it! Ill post pics to.

S.

Thats a pity
would of like to have seing your mars red gti in the flesh - looks mint in the photo
dubhighland is right - why worry if your in the AA - the more i use mine the better it seems to go ( thats prob the kiss of death now )

Back to the top
*********************************************PRINTABLE SUMMARY**************************************************

Meet at tesco at inshes between 8:00 & 8:30 ( leaving bang on 8:30 )
Google Maps
Head for Carrbridge
FOLLOW SIGNS <> GRANTOWN ON SPEY
FOLLOW SIGNS <> TOMINTOUL
FOLLOW SIGNS <> BRAEMAR
FOLLOW SIGNS <> BLAIRGROWRIE
FOLLOW SIGNS <> PERTH
PERTH - TURN RIGHT ACCROSS BRIDGE -RIGHT AGAIN-RIGHT AGAIN FOR INVERNESS
MEETING POINT - PERTH - TK max car-park opposite KFC
Google Maps
Leave at 11:30ish
Google Maps
FOLLOW SIGNS <>BLAIRGOWRIE A93-OVER BRIGDE
FOLLOW (ONE-WAY-ROAD) THROUGH BLAIRGOWRIE
FOLLOW SIGNS <> BRAEMAR
FOLLOW SIGNS <> TOMINTOUL
STOP AT THE LECHT TO RE-GROUP & TAKE SOME PHOTOS
FOLLOW SIGNS <> GRANTOWN
PARK OUT-SIDE THIS PUB & HAVE REFRESHMENT  :D   
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&amp;q=grantown+on+spey&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Grantown-on-Spey,+Morayshire,+United+Kingdom&amp;ll=57.333193,-3.605232&amp;spn=0,0.090723&amp;z=14&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=57.33293,-3.60559&amp;panoid=JuKtN6y6B7Ori66kWjHGMw&amp;cbp=12,352.75,,0,6.33

Back to the top

Back to the top
I took this route last week on the bike.Ace fun! I had time to kill on the way to dundee and had an ace time- it could be interesting in the mk1 due to the "modern"brakes!lol!! Beautful scenery and interesting road, just need new toe sliders now:-)

83 GTi Campaign in diamond silver

62 BMW 330d M Sport f30 in estoril blue

12 Transporter t32 sportline swb kombi 180 in white

09 Ducati Streetfighter in pearl white

07 Suzuki king quad 700 in red

Back to the top
Hi
I cant wait for this Saturday, looks like the weather is going to be good especially in Perth
golfchick867 - is the mk2 ready?
stretch - are you still on the island?
cabby-dan - any luck with the new engine?
mk1alan - are you up for the run as well?which motor you taking?
cheers
baz

Back to the top
just to clarify is the meet in perth at 11.30?

Hobo

If She Aint Rubbin It Aint Dubbin !!!

Just Dub It!!!!

Back to the top

Hobo said

just to clarify is the meet in perth at 11.30? make it 11:00

Hobo
Hi
Should be at TK max for 11:00 , going na grab some food as well , prob a KFC takeaway , then leave when mk1 has had time to rest  :lol: 11:45ish
cheers
baz

Back to the top
Will be in the black GTI, just coming to meet up at Perth!

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Trying to get my Golf on the road on saturday. Passed it's mot first time with no advisories after sitting in my garage for over a year, yeeha. Just trying to sort out the insurance & tax, so I might make this one. I've been on here for about 3 years & haven't made it to a meet yet. Mostly down to self inflicted Sunday morning hangovers, but will try to get to this one.

Back to the top
Still on dry land. Should be ok for Saturday but will only be able to meet in Perth now before yous head off again.
Will be there at 11.00

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top

stuarty said

Trying to get my Golf on the road on saturday. Passed it's mot first time with no advisories after sitting in my garage for over a year, yeeha. Just trying to sort out the insurance & tax, so I might make this one. I've been on here for about 3 years & haven't made it to a meet yet. Mostly down to self inflicted Sunday morning hangovers, but will try to get to this one.

Good luck with the insurance I find adrian flux are pretty good
Save your beer-tokens for some fuel on saturday
cheers
baz

Back to the top

MK1Allan said

Will be in the black GTI, just coming to meet up at Perth!

another black gti , thinks! that 3 now , maybe get a photo of them together
me
iaingti
you

Back to the top
so how many are taking mk1's then guys? :dontknow:

im one but its a clipper not a tintop.
looking forward to meeting some of the people on this and a long day out in the golf. hope the weather is GOOD get the top off :roll:

Cheers Hobo

If She Aint Rubbin It Aint Dubbin !!!

Just Dub It!!!!

Back to the top

Saturday

Hey guys
I am 99% ready, just got back ashore yesterday so last minute rush! Is it gonna be a fast run over the Lecht on the way down Baz? I certainly am not any good at the crazy driving! Who's all meeting at Inv?

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
Hi
Good stuff
Slow pace on the A9 & then enjoy the windy roads - the 2 quattros need entertained :D
see you tomorrow morning , i will be there at 8:00 , going na park next to the garage in tesco car-park

Inverness
me & lewis - mk1 tintop - or Lewis might take his heavily modded land-rover
iaingti - mk1 tintop
golfchick - mk2
1der - 1.6i 205 gti
Jimmy - 325i bmw old type
Richard - Quattro
Paul - Quattro
stoot86-mini
maybe dubhighland - ? in one of his fleet of old skool motors
maybe glenmk2-16v
Perth
Mk1 allan -tintop
Stretch - r32
Hobo - mk1 - cabby
Stuarty - mk1
ITs ALSO ON THE SCOTTISHVAG SITE NORTH REGION , SO WHO KNOWS.

************************************** :lol: late entrys welcome :lol: *******************************************

Back to the top
Pretty gutted I wont make it. Hope the weathers good for yous. Get loads of pics :)

Back to the top
Hi
Just checked the bbc weather - raining in inverness (dry at the mo though) the rest of the road should be dry including the meet at 11:00
take care
baz

got my 80s Tapes ready - Queen "invisible man" is ready to go  :lol:

Back to the top
Sorry guys, not going to make it to this. Buzy on saturday. I actually misread this, I thought it was on sunday. Oh well. If the weathers ok on sunday, I might take a run over to the fair at burntisland with my wee boy. If anybody's around there just give me a shout, Stuart's my name. Just look for the baldy guy (though there is a wee bit stubble there) with the wee boy.
Cheers

Back to the top
Hi all, how did the run go??????

On my way back home from Skye today I seen a White Quattro on the A9 as I was heading south, C reg who was quick to flash, assuming you were the guy on the run?? Lovin the UR!!!  Not long later I also seen a Green? Mk1 on the back of a trailer, any one on the run? hope you never broke down!?

I went to Skye in my Mk1 after all, drove up on Thurs and was supposed to stay to Sun but the weather was very wet so headed to Fortwilliam today then back home.

I was so anxious about taking the car, I was convinced I was a being daft and it would probably ruin my wee trip, but I still wanted to take it and give it a blast.

Anyway, early Thurs morning after not sleeping much through the night, I set off fully laden, full tank of BP Ultiumate and sitting nice and low over the back arches, butterflies in the old stomach.  The four hour journey went by in a flash and she never missed a beat.  The roads were immense and I was smiling all the way, i wished it was 8 hours. I then drove her all over Skye (mainly in the rain  :( ) and back down the road today.  Although we never got any climbing done on the island because it was so wet, i was loving it because my Mk1 was there for more driving. We drove all over with not a single issue, it was braw, and I got alot of nice acknoweldgements, like you do  :wink: . I feel like Ive built up alot of confidence to go on longer runs in the future.  Over 650miles in three days.  Best of all I averaged 39mpg's on the main run there and back,a miracle!!!!

Here's some pics, not much to see really

Back to the top
mk1 on trailer was black, Fuel pump packed in at blairgowrie, I thought the white UR on the run was B reg :dontknow:  :dontknow: , i coulnt make it anyway as i had to take wife to hospital as the bairns are gonna be here very soon.cheers

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.