Skip navigation

whos up for a run over the lecht (scotland) in May

Back to the top

whos up for a run over the lecht (scotland) in May

bazmk1 said

cabby_dan said

my engine is dofo goosed. removed the water pump to reveal a big hole with a rod grinning its evil face at me.
Hope to get a new engine in before the trip.

if anyone knowes where i can get an engine then let me kno. would like bit more power but would also like the can back on the road again.

Unlucky , I thought the bottom ends were bullet proof
anyway send dubhighland a pm , he might be able to help you out , he had a 2l 8v engine on ebay last week from a mk3 gti but ive no idea how hard that would be to fit into your mk1.
cheers
baz

No good in a mk1 baz,You want 2.0 audi 3A bubble block for mk1 8)

Back to the top

"bazmk1" said

"bazmk1" said

"bazmk1" said

bazmk1 said

bazmk1 said

cabby_dan said

All going well who is going na try there best to go on this run?
1 - bazmk1
2 - Hobo
3 - Cabby_dan
4 - quattro   
5 - golfchick867
6 - glen - mk2 16v
7 - iain gti
8 - quattro no2
9 - eddie ( who has recently got himsel a gti campaign in need of some work )  taking a truinph GT6 on the run   - photos to
follow hopefully
10 - 1der - 1.6 205 gti maimi blue  :D
Thinking about it
1 -Mk1Allan
2 - Stretch
3 - S84
4-  mk1 supersport fiesta - engine not in car at the mo
Cant make it
1 - ross_m
2 - Eck
3 -

Back to the top
finally bought a new engine, didnt think they would be so hard to find. bought off flee bay and sent to TSR for rebuild. Not sure what the chances of getting it back and fitted in time are but im hoping it all works out.

Back to the top

cabby_dan said

finally bought a new engine, didnt think they would be so hard to find. bought off flee bay and sent to TSR for rebuild. Not sure what the chances of getting it back and fitted in time are but im hoping it all works out.

Good stuff
Hope it arrives on-time
keep us updated

Back to the top

"bazmk1" said

"bazmk1" said

"bazmk1" said

bazmk1 said

bazmk1 said

bazmk1 said

cabby_dan said

All going well who is going na try there best to go on this run?
1 - bazmk1
2 - Hobo
3 - Cabby_dan
4 - quattro   
5 - golfchick867
6 - glen - mk2 16v
7 - iain gti
8 - quattro no2
9 - eddie ( who has recently got himsel a gti campaign in need of some work )  taking a truinph GT6 on the run   - photos to
follow hopefully
10 - 1der - 1.6 205 gti maimi blue  
11 - stoot 86 - mini
Thinking about it
1 -Mk1Allan
2 - Stretch
3 - S84
Cant make it
1 - ross_m
2 - Eck
3 -

stoot 86  :D

Back to the top
Hi guys. im Paul and ive come over from scottishvag to join the run over the lecht. Heres a pic of my 205 that im taking along.

My other car that i have is a Polo GTI, however i thought the 205 would be more suitable for this run.

Back to the top

"1der" said

Hi guys. im Paul and ive come over from scottishvag to join the run over the lecht. Heres a pic of my 205 that im taking along.
My other car that i have is a Polo GTI, however i thought the 205 would be more suitable for this run.

Back to the top
Thinking about it
1 -Mk1Allan
2 - Stretch
3 - S84

Hi chaps
Are you going on this run ( three red mk1s  :D ), i know the mk1 fiesta dude ( lewis ) is trying his best putting a engine in this week , mot thursday & hes probably going to trailer the car to carbridge & meet us there , its running twin carbs so hes cutting out the boring A9 bit , otherwise he is travelling with me.

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

Thinking about it
1 -Mk1Allan
2 - Stretch
3 - S84

Hi chaps
Are you going on this run ( three red mk1s  :D ), i know the mk1 fiesta dude ( lewis ) is trying his best putting a engine in this week , mot thursday & hes probably going to trailer the car to carbridge & meet us there , its running twin carbs so hes cutting out the boring A9 bit , otherwise he is travelling with me.

Baz

Got home yesterday so i'm keeping my fingers crossed i still be here for the run. Will let you's know either way.

cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
Still not sure about this, will be in Dundee that weekend, plan to defo come to Perth and meet everyone at the start, not sure what mk1 I will bring tho!

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Does anyone go through leslie or glenrothes, kirkcaldy, kinross or gateside that i could meet on the way to perth?????
Would be good if we could meet someone sooner than perth.

Let me know cheers

If She Aint Rubbin It Aint Dubbin !!!

Just Dub It!!!!

Back to the top
guys if you're still goin on the 29th of May, I suggest you try and wing it down to Biggar for the Volksfling.. Make a weekend out of it!! Would love to do both but already bought my tickets.

Cheers

Back to the top
Hi

Any cabbys or caddys owners also interested in shown your motor? at knockhill next month - click link below
There is a bit if come & go in getting the form filled in but I would like it sent away by 2nd week in June
The form has only Ten entries
cheers
baz

ps Im looking really forward to next Saturday  :D

Back to the top
Guys

unfortunatly I won't be able to take my mk1 on Saturday. Engine broke on the way to Edinburgh the other day. Got some advice and believe it could a valve spring or a bearing shell that has gone.

Decided it's getting a full rebuild so engine is coming out next week and it's off to Agra in Dundee. Going to take 6 to 8 weeks for rebuild so won't make Knockhill with it either. Sorry Baz.

If I'm still home will turn up this Saturday in my R32.

Hope to see you all then.

Cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
O well  :(
sorry to here that stretch , As you know the R32 is more than welcome but please dont use fourth,fifth or even sixth gear :lol: ,  have you got a photo  
cheers
baz

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

O well  :(
sorry to here that stretch , As you know the R32 is more than welcome but please dont use fourth,fifth or even sixth gear :lol: ,  have you got a photo  
cheers
baz

My R32

cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
very very nice
i dont know of any black mk4 R32s up here , just see silver ones , I had the mk3 vr6 for a few years & did 70000 miles in it , effortless performance & it never mist a beat.
cheers

my old vr6
I use autoglym  :lol:

Back to the top
cheers Baz

Bought it new in 2003 and have only managed 20k in it!!! It's my other keeper. It could really do with a decent run so hopefully next week.

Always wanted a vr6 back in the day. They are a nice motor.

Cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
More bad news from me aswell im afraid,

Im going to head up to Skye for the weekend so will miss the run, totally gutted  :cry:  it's shaping up to be some meet. Cant' wait for the pics.

The good new is, i've decided to take my Mk1 to Skye and make a run of it, Dundee area to Skye and back!, can't say im not slightly anxious, but i know ill regret it if i dont go for it! Ill post pics to.

S.

Back to the top

S84 said

More bad news from me aswell im afraid,

Im going to head up to Skye for the weekend so will miss the run, totally gutted  :cry:  it's shaping up to be some meet. Cant' wait for the pics.

The good new is, i've decided to take my Mk1 to Skye and make a run of it, Dundee area to Skye and back!, can't say im not slightly anxious, but i know ill regret it if i dont go for it! Ill post pics to.

S.

Go for it, i took an old car from truro to inverness and i didnt even know the car :lol: , My motto is am in th AA so let them worry about it :lol:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.