Skip navigation

whos up for a run over the lecht (scotland) in May

Back to the top

Re: Meet

whos up for a run over the lecht (scotland) in May

golfchick867 said

:( Sorry I can't make it this time with the cabrio. Car is still in the garage and has never been touched for months. Why is it you think you have ages to get the car ready then it just gets put off til it's too bloody late?! :redfaced:  Can I come in my Mk2 Gti??

Yip of course you can take your mk2  :D  , is it a 8 or 16v ?
I did think about you when i was thinking about the starting time , but to fit it all in 8.30 was the best i could do , are you travelling down first thing in the morning?

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

golfchick867 said

:( Sorry I can't make it this time with the cabrio. Car is still in the garage and has never been touched for months. Why is it you think you have ages to get the car ready then it just gets put off til it's too bloody late?! :redfaced:  Can I come in my Mk2 Gti??

I did think about you when i was thinking about the starting time , but to fit it all in 8.30 was the best i could do , are you travelling down first thing in the morning?

Mk2  is an 8v, I believe it was in Inverness for a while before it came up to this neck of the woods so you may well have seen it before. Just had new sills and a lot of patching done so its not looking too bonny at the minute though, work in progress! 0830 from Inverness? I can stay in Helmsdale overnight so its a bit closer but yes will travel down first thing, its gonna be a long day!!

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
I'm so keen to come along on this run, but im already supposed to be in Skye that weekend…

Ill go down as a maybe, really tempeted to miss my climbing meet for this.  
The Mk1 meets in Scotland are few and far between and im not too far from Perth and realy want to drive that road!!

Ill make my mind up and let you know.

S.

Back to the top

golfchick867 said

bazmk1 said

golfchick867 said

Mk2  is an 8v, I believe it was in Inverness for a while before it came up to this neck of the woods so you may well have seen it before. Just had new sills and a lot of patching done so its not looking too bonny at the minute though, work in progress! 0830 from Inverness? I can stay in Helmsdale overnight so its a bit closer but yes will travel down first thing, its gonna be a long day!!

Brilliant , spoke to a guy last night with a 16v mk2 whos very keen to go if he can get it running right  :D & a guy with a Mint full blown quattro in white who also very keen , hopefully post a pict of the quattro  :D

Back to the top

S84 said

I'm so keen to come along on this run, but im already supposed to be in Skye that weekend…

Ill go down as a maybe, really tempeted to miss my climbing meet for this.  
The Mk1 meets in Scotland are few and far between and im not too far from Perth and realy want to drive that road!!

Ill make my mind up and let you know.

S.

Come on bud , you know you want to  :wink:

Back to the top

"bazmk1" said

"cabby_dan" said

All going well who is going na try there best to go on this run?
1 - bazmk1
2 - Hobo
3 - Cabby_dan
4 - quattro   
5 - golfchick867
6 - glen - mk2 16v
Thinking about it
1 -Mk1Allan
2 - Stretch
3 - S84
Cant make it
1 - ross_m
2 - Eck
3 -

"this is the picture of the sh.. car i was downgraded too from a mark 1 gti"

Back to the top

meet

I am loving that quattro, what a beast. Tell you what, if everyone comes that meant to be there's gonna be 1 fine turn out! 8)

My Minty
Unfortunately my wheels are now in need of refurb after winter and its body work is various colours. :cry:

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
at the moment in not sure i can come. just had the car towed home after the engine went bang and put out an alarming smoke.
Not sure what all has gone but the waterpump certainly is, dont think its suposed to look like this

Back to the top
:(
Hope thats just the water pump thats goosed , let us know how you get on
baz

Back to the top

"bazmk1" said

"bazmk1" said

"cabby_dan" said

1 - bazmk1
2 - Hobo
3 - Cabby_dan
4 - quattro   
5 - golfchick867
6 - glen - mk2 16v
Thinking about it
1 -Mk1Allan
2 - Stretch
3 - S84
4 - another mint quattro  :D
5-  mk1 supersport fiesta - engine not in car at the mo
Cant make it
1 - ross_m
2 - Eck
3 -

Back to the top
my engine is dofo goosed. removed the water pump to reveal a big hole with a rod grinning its evil face at me.
Hope to get a new engine in before the trip.

if anyone knowes where i can get an engine then let me kno. would like bit more power but would also like the can back on the road again.

Back to the top

cabby_dan said

my engine is dofo goosed. removed the water pump to reveal a big hole with a rod grinning its evil face at me.

if anyone knowes where i can get an engine then let me kno. would like bit more power but would also like the can back on the road again.

Ah bad luck mate. If you put a wanted ad up on scottish vag you should find something locally. I have had a few offers for 1.8 engines so can pass the details on as Im not looking any more. Send me a pm if you like.

Back to the top

cabby_dan said

Unlucky , I thought the bottom ends were bullet proof
anyway send dubhighland a pm , he might be able to help you out , he had a 2l 8v engine on ebay last week from a mk3 gti but ive no idea how hard that would be to fit into your mk1.
cheers
baz

Back to the top
another mint mk1 from the highlands  :D

Yea that sounds good al go  :D
iain gti

Back to the top

"bazmk1" said

"bazmk1" said

"bazmk1" said

cabby_dan said

1 - bazmk1
2 - Hobo
3 - Cabby_dan
4 - quattro   
5 - golfchick867
6 - glen - mk2 16v
7 - iain gti
8 - quattro no2   
Thinking about it
1 -Mk1Allan
2 - Stretch
3 - S84

5-  mk1 supersport fiesta - engine not in car at the mo
Cant make it
1 - ross_m
2 - Eck
3 -

Back to the top
quattro no2  :D

Back to the top
Like that alot.

Really hope I'm home for this.

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top

stretch said

Like that alot.

Really hope I'm home for this.

Stretch

Hi stretch
yeh the quattros are stunning
I hope you can make it
cheers
baz

Back to the top
Hi
another event for anyone that would like to put there car on show
knockhill classic speedfair
should be a good day
cheers
baz

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=83586&highlight=

Back to the top

"bazmk1" said

"bazmk1" said

"bazmk1" said

bazmk1 said

cabby_dan said

1 - bazmk1
2 - Hobo
3 - Cabby_dan
4 - quattro   
5 - golfchick867
6 - glen - mk2 16v
7 - iain gti
8 - quattro no2
9 - eddie ( who has recently got himsel a gti campaign in need of some work )  taking a truinph GT6 on the run  :D - photos to follow hopefully
Thinking about it
1 -Mk1Allan
2 - Stretch
3 - S84
4-  mk1 supersport fiesta - engine not in car at the mo
Cant make it
1 - ross_m
2 - Eck
3 -
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.