Skip navigation

82 GTI LHASA GREEN TIN TOP, to be something mad!!

Back to the top

82 GTI LHASA GREEN TIN TOP, to be something mad!!

fitted the compensator valve today, and plumbed in the brake lines. re-fitted the fuel lines, pump and accumulator.

compensator valve..

need a new one of these before i can get any fuel in..

and it was too dark to get any pics of the fuel pump..
pump..

accumulator..

getting there :wink:

Back to the top
tidy job yer doing there, luvin the zenders 8)

Back to the top
also repainted under the rear arches..

i'm also still looking for a gravity valve bracket

Back to the top
HA HA, she only starts, HA HA :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
You are doing a fantastic job on this car - can I ask what type of paint you are using on the inner wings please ? What base and lacquer are you using ?

Are you going to lay on the top coats on the bodyshell too ?

8)

Steve

Back to the top

"stix123" said

You are doing a fantastic job on this car - can I ask what type of paint you are using on the inner wings please ? What base and lacquer are you using ?

Are you going to lay on the top coats on the bodyshell too ?

8)
belive it or not a used a halfords paint, they mixed it to the paint code.
i just gave the inner wings a good clean, ensure there is no grime or oil/grease, gave them a light coat of primer, then the halfords top coat, then clear lacquer. its a little darker than original, but being under the arch you can't really tell.

as for the shell, i'm going to get that done professionally, and will be booked in the first week of december. all i need to do is decide where to get it done.

Back to the top
Great stuff - the finish looks really good. Glad you kept the original colour too - the finished car
will be super cool  :D

Steve

Back to the top
i hope so,
 thanks for the positive comments.
the pics don't really do the finish justice.

Back to the top
she'a running properly now, seems that when fitting a new fuel tank a fiver's worth of fuel isn't enough :redfaced:

got a guy coming round tonight to quote on a paint job :wink:

Back to the top
i love both of your golfs  :cheer:

Back to the top

Dubwanabe said

i love both of your golfs  :cheer:

cheers.

Back to the top

Keep up the goo work

Ive just seen your build and think your doing a wickid job. I to have a green one with the same rims but with a sunroof. Keep up the good work man its good to see people keeping mk1's alive.

Back to the top

Re: Keep up the goo work

lowdrop said

Ive just seen your build and think your doing a wickid job. I to have a green one with the same rims but with a sunroof. Keep up the good work man its good to see people keeping mk1's alive.

thank you, its come to a bit of a halt due to the weather, but will be full on in the new year :wink:

Back to the top

I hear that man

Mate the weathers put everything on hold. My cars has been at VooDoo for years but i'll be getting it back in the spring but as you
know they are never finished.Oh i forgot to say the mk2 aint bad either man just right the rims look brand new!!

Back to the top
happy new year to you all.

now we have a break from the snow and cold, i  decided to make a list of bits that i needed to do for the mot, i have been a bit undecided about getting it sprayed before getting an mot. but have now made up my mind to get an mot first, the list wasn't really long only around 12-14 things most of which i did this morning, mainly just putting things like windows, seats and lights back in, but i do have a hole in the exhaust and the brakes need bleeding, my brother owns a garage locally so decided to get him to do the rest of the prep work. this is how she looks this morning..

so fingers crossed will be mot'd by the week end.

Back to the top
hi simon, how r you? your break was too long. we miss Zenders  :lol:

good luck for the MOT, and don't forget to post the progress :wink:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top

GTInCyprus said

hi simon, how r you? your break was too long. we miss Zenders  :lol:

good luck for the MOT, and don't forget to post the progress :wink:

will do. 8)

Back to the top
Zender! :rockon:

Back to the top
More pics!

Back to the top
thanks guys, had the scare of my life yesterday, have been in this for over a year now, and we towed my golf to my brothers garage about 5-6 miles from where i live. when we got to the his end, i started her up to reverse it onto his forecourt off the busy a2, forgot i had no brakes and just missed the brick wall that hold his gates up, just panic'd and ripped up the hand brake, luckily i had made the turn otherwise it would of been all over, the rear panel and rear quarter would of been buggered. as i have no rear bumper on it. CLOSE ONE :redfaced:  :redfaced:
Will get some more pics up once she's mot'd
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.