Skip navigation

My 1989 Clipper Cabrio *page2 Teledials, coils & TT leat

Back to the top

My 1989 Clipper Cabrio *page2 Teledials, coils & TT leat

cool no probs mate ,

well keep an eye on the shows i will be arranging next year, be great if you wanted to head down for Bristol volksfest and come with us to the AGM

Cheers, Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

Cab

Hi mate. Wee car is looking well. Job well done sir. Lovin the tt seats. Were they tricky to fit as i wouldnt mind a set for mine? Keep up the good work :D

If it looks like crap it usually is!!

Back to the top
Having done the work to fit TT seats, if you can get a set of mk1 cabby seats that bolt right in for £200ish I'd do that!

Mainly cos I'm now getting lazy in my old age (of 26) and not got as much time as I used to have. The way I have fitted them you do loose rear seat legroom as the seat back is slightly further forward, and the back of the TT front seats are hard plastic (not fabric) and are convex, not concave so you loose leg room.

The way I welded the seats to the subframes is not perfect for posure either, as the height adjustment is lean back as opposed to up and down on the mk1 subframes the seats are a little higher on full height than i'd like, and on full lowering it ends up more like bucket seats. It's not a problem just niggles.

But it can be done, I simply bolted the rear seat back to the original frame, cut the old foam around the outside to fit the gap and trimmed it in black suedette. The rear seat bench was cut in to the old foam as it's narrower and the front lifted with a bit of wood to support it on the existing frame, then upphoster the old foam in black suedette again still on the original frame.

The fronts simply cut the rubbish off the mk1 base's to leave the frame, and removed the subframe on the TT seats to leave the outer lower seat frame, cut this down about 10-15mm to seat it nicely on the mk1 frame and welded it on, took me best part of a year on and off to do the lot, now I'm looking at wiring up the heated elements that came in the front seats.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.