Skip navigation

My 1989 Clipper Cabrio *page2 Teledials, coils & TT leat

Back to the top

My 1989 Clipper Cabrio *page2 Teledials, coils & TT leat

Had a bit of spare cash and was looking for something carb'd to mess with,

Picked this up a few days ago, bargain off the bay! I had one many many years ago, this one is a mint example non GTi, still a 1.8 so not slow, no real plans for this other than a useable classic really.

Low miles (for age) loadsa history, and she's solid, driving it takes me back! The old noises and heavy clutch, brakes which require some effort and no PAS, classic mk1, love it!

Back to the top
Lower it Evomaster3000 hahaha!
So gay jack lol

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
Thanks Luke, nice to hear from you to!

Back to the top
Nice car realy. lol
Fixed your fuel leak and fitted the hydrogen bomb yet? Nerd

Mk2 Golf Gti 16v

Back to the top
Nice car realy. lol
Fixed your fuel leak and fitted the hydrogen bomb yet? Nerd

Mk2 Golf Gti 16v

Back to the top
looks like a tidy cabby you have there  8)

I've always like white mk1's & I do like the wheels :D

Back to the top
Hi Jack, replied you your message on FB. For those wheels im on about check out the wheels and tyres section on here, be good to have someone else with a mk1 so close! have to get ready for some shows and meets this year!

this is how mines looking now, keep an eye out for me, Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
How much was that, if you don't mind me asking?  Just bought one exactly the same and not quite as nice…!

Back to the top
How much was that, if you don't mind me asking?  Just bought one exactly the same and not quite as nice…!

Back to the top
Paid £1k for the car, a bargain off the bay with loadsa history low miles and full ticket and some tax to boot!

Rich - Liking the new wheels! I'm looking for something similar, but this being my other car and a student, not got alot of cash spare, so what i get for the 17's when i sell will spend on another smaller set.

Back to the top
yeah 17s off, a nice set of 15s and some lowering…..ping* hot cab for summer funs.

love it.

welcome along.

'83 Black GTI Cab on BBS RAs - DreamBoat 3000'

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top
nice cab apart from the afore mentioned wheels 13"14"15" anything else just looks stupid imo,also think those  grils are awful early type chrome or red trim look more mk1 if you know wat i mean,still a nice car.

Back to the top
Nice motor.  Very similar to mine, and I'm in Bristol too.

I must pull my finger out and get some new alloys!

Back to the top
neo 283

maybe me you and jack could all meet up in Bristol at some point and also try and get a few more local people together for a meet, i will try and see on the forum who's in charge of meets in the southwest, there 2 new cabbys round my way as well, so there could be a few of us from this way now.

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
ClubGTI meet in Bristol (Horfield, I think).  May be worth finding out when that is?

My Golf is in hibernation for the winter - roll on April!

Back to the top
Cool, think i remember hearing about that meet before, and some guys meeting up on downs now and then as well.

Mines sort of tucked up for winter although still taxed, gona bring it out in March if Dry for fresh ticket, service and a bit of work

Roll on the sunshine  :D

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Right it's been almost 2 years since I've updated this post and I've done a fair few things to her.

She was a good runner, except the issue of fuelling which it had the incorrect jetting, si I ordered the correct webber tubes and jets and got her tuned up when the MOT was done a year ago.

I've been working my way around and re-spraying her panel by panel (small garage and I can't do the whole car at once) I've removed the rear number plate panel for a cleaner mk1 look, Lamin-X'd the 1/2 crystal clear lights for the euro style and in doing so integrated the fog lamp in to the lamp unit which meant I could fill in the cutout in the rear bumper for the fog.
New coilovers with 5x130 35mm adaptors for the porsche teledials which are 7x15 with 165/45 rubber.

I've re-trimmed the door card centre panels in grey suede fabric and fitted the Audi TT seats.

Thats about it so far images below:

Comments welcome, Thanks Jack

Back to the top
Hi Jack,

Very nice mate. I especially like the TT seats. They look really 8)

Smudger

Back to the top
nice! looking good, what you up to this sunday? check out the regional and national sections there is a chairty cruise in Bristol this Sunday be good to meet ya, there is a fair few of us going :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Thanks chaps,

Rich, I should proabily update my location info, I'm no longer around Bristol, more towards south/midlands. I live in Bicester now and work for JLR. I'm currently using the mk1 as a daily as I'm between cars. Good to give the mk1 a run, bit on the cold side tho this time of year! Not ideal for a cabby.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.