Skip navigation

crazy project? (new pics!!)

Back to the top

crazy project? (new pics!!)

Im trying to do what I think its gonna be a crazy project…
does anyone have done something like that?

Its a cabby pick up…
I mean.. take a cabriolet, and make it as a "little-caddy"

Back to the top
a mini floppy top,go fot it  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
looking interesting

could be a first! :dontknow:

Banner

Back to the top
that would look mint i bet go for it

Back to the top
that would look amazing, deffo go for it

Back to the top
I saw something like this in internet… let me show you…

Back to the top
buy a caddy?

i think the idea is cool, but the execution on the yellow one is just okay.

i am toying with the idea of doing something a bit different, as i hate the bulkiness of the hood at the back, and was actually considering ( to fit my technical abilities) just removing it and having a dry weather only car, i.e. no hood!

the yellow car is nice, but would be nicer and look less daft as a cab.

anyway, don't be put off by my opinion, good luck with whatever you do, and be sure to take loads of photos for us!!!

Peace.

'83 Black GTI Cab on BBS RAs - DreamBoat 3000'

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top
I dont really like the yellow one.. but is the only one Ive found in internet…  

I will try my best to do something special with that cab ive got…

Back to the top
oh and by the way, that picture is amazing, if you're as good in the garage as you are with a pencil, I look forward to seeing your project.

Good luck.

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top
Another view of the project…   :P

Back to the top
Painted!!

Back to the top
nice

just need to get the grinder out next :)

Banner

Back to the top
i remember a customer asked me to do this to a mk1 cabrio

Back to the top
felicia fun rear seats modded to fit would be awsome, still be a 4 seater too!!! could be v'cool…

Back to the top
theres 1 of these conversions in Cardiff, although i couldnt tell if it was a Cabby converted like the 1 you've shown or if it was a cut down shortened Caddy or maybe even a polo breadvan pickup, looked good though

1983 mk1 golf gti campaign diamond silver standard
1983 mk1 golf gti campaign helios blue 2.0 16v ,
2003 mk4 gt tdi 130 standard,
2002 audi S3 265bhp remap, milltek
2007 Audi S3 APR stage 2 
1991 golf cabriolet

Back to the top
its a great project i guess :wink:  here, let me help you with the design..i'll upload some sketches later,maybe we could help each other, push the idea a little bit further  ..but it wont damage the original concept..just a sec..i'll draw some sketches for you

Back to the top
i hope , this quick skecthes could explain at least the whole idea( in the morning i will develop another detail idea from it)..
i think you will get more advantage if you are using the caddy chasis..longer wheel base will shape your semi cabri-o and semi pick up..to look good both proportionately and functional, then maybe we could make somekind of "added trunk cover" made from plastic/fiber reinforced plastic, we mould it..so it can be a good silhouette form side view of the car, it will make your car look more sexy..and very iconic
it still have the authenticity and identity of those 2 (caddy and cabrio)..

but if you dont like it..its okey :D coz,i like brainstorming…just wanna help :wink:  

Back to the top
hey shane I like you already, check out my resto thread (project dreamboat) and when you've got a spare mo, can you design me something to do with the back seats and hood.  I hate the bulkiness of both, and my new front seats are out a porsche, so regular back ones will look out of place.  

Either a sound setup?  Or perhaps someplace to put my bike? or more storage? and the hood more streamlined with the car.

Let's brainstorm, love your penciling!

Back to the top

WeeTony said

hey shane I like you already, check out my resto thread (project dreamboat) and when you've got a spare mo, can you design me something to do with the back seats and hood.  I hate the bulkiness of both, and my new front seats are out a porsche, so regular back ones will look out of place.  

Either a sound setup?  Or perhaps someplace to put my bike? or more storage? and the hood more streamlined with the car.

Let's brainstorm, love your penciling!
sure mate.. :D would be happy to help..hope your not in a hurry,coz, its kinda late in here (1:25 am), souw, i'll do some idea for you in the morning..
 i think you and i have the same perspective, coz i'm putting also a porsche seat into my golf, coz i realy like the shape of the seat,( it thought i was the only one ever think about that hahaha..) okey be at your site ASAP!..
and here is my post: please come visit.. :D
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=75567

Back to the top

id_shane said

quick skecthes

nice sketches mate :D

back end has Porsche 914/6 (of 1970's ) look  8)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.