Skip navigation

here goes (KPV753V)

Back to the top

here goes (KPV753V)

sorry its just a bump but its the only way to find the thread lol , bogged down in wiring issues , pics soon

Back to the top
WUR and oil cooler fitted

bonnet catch fitted

Back to the top
hi

looking good  8) ?

was that WAR from a ford with the red fuel pipes ?
Do you recommend fitting the enging+box from the bottom ?
The oil cooler is also a different design from my DX as well

cheers
baz

Back to the top
yes its a mongeral arrangement in there 2.0 litre AGG block & DX head with a mk2 box , the WUR came in a box of mixed VW parts off ebay n was the cleanest so am tryin it first , thanks for mentioning the colour of the pipes cos i hadn't a clue ,  just hope it works

Back to the top
the engine fitting just kinda happened that way due to the body already being on stands and the block able to slide in , but the advantage i thought was no chance of scratches and as you can see ive very limited room to move

Back to the top

peeriehutchie said

the engine fitting just kinda happened that way due to the body already being on stands and the block able to slide in , but the advantage i thought was no chance of scratches and as you can see ive very limited room to move

hi

yeh , if the time comes when my 112 horses needs a need new hoofs im going na go for taking out/in from the bottom as well.

cheers
baz

Back to the top

Back to the top

still toilling with the dash wiring

Back to the top
it started

Back to the top
looks beautiful where you live!

well done on getting her started!

Back to the top
How did you mount the WUR to the blanking plate? I've got the exact same job to do in the summmer and I couldn't make my mind up on either drilling and tapping the blanking plate or just a nut & bolt straight through? Did you use anything to stop oil leaking through the holes?

Cheers, Bob.

Back to the top
yes i had the tsr holes countersunk so the wur could sit flat and then had new holes threaded for the bolts to keep the wur straight and lookin like it ought

Back to the top

rev counter doesnt work

Back to the top
hi

looks proper old-skool with that dash  :)  
did you get your brakes sorted.I cant see past the ezi-bleed kit for bleeding brakes on a mk1 & gaining a firm brake pedal . What i did before adding/wasting brake fluid i pressure tested the braking system using the ezi-bleed kit using just the pressurised air for a couple hours to see if the system pressure dropped.

cheers
barry

Back to the top
unfortunately theres no electric or compressor over there , but am thinkin its sorted now , faulty compensator, then wheel cylinder , then master cylinder , then front flexi , then brake line switches etc etc , attention now ought to be on the interior and there will be nightmares with seat tilt cables looming

Back to the top
i haven't done the headlining myself nor the body stickers

Back to the top

Back to the top
Bravo this is excelent , you hav to mach job to finish enterier good luck

Back to the top
working at it steady and hoping its all correct , thanks

Back to the top

gettin there  :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.