here goes (KPV753V)

Back to the top

here goes (KPV753V)

yep , good wings , being fitted wi repeaters too

Back to the top
theres more pictures taken , but took these today

Back to the top

Back to the top
new roof lining has arrived, in black, better zender roof spoiler, but a nasty replica front spoiler which will have to do, gti side stripes + boot window surround sticker are here long ago, trim clips and metal oem waistline trims, however door glass metals proving evasive. Engine bottom end as seen below, a 95 AGG tall block with 2k since a rebuild, should go nicely with the DX head n box on k-jet

Back to the top
AGG block cleanrd n painted, box undergoing new seals and a clean, wishbones n 16v hubs n brakes going fot blasting as are various brackets mounts etc , poor old DX lookin a bit sad n bare now but maybe going into somebody elses scirrocco project

the box is actually further on but thats it this morning , 5 speed 020 gti box

bits for blasting , head for stem seals ,dizzy for a new cog from AGG

old DX ready for somebody else

exhaust manifold is very unlikely to go back on , but inlet n throttle body to get spruced up

Back to the top
TSR blanks arrived n in situ, bliddy expensive for all they are

and i think these pulleys line up

you will notice this is an mfa box but it wont be an mfa dash  8O  :?

Back to the top
more prepped stuff

Back to the top
Johns the main man, very thorough job impeccably finished, absolutely delighted, now for the rebuild, those little bags of trim clips off ebay are short quantities by the way, well short on the sill trims

Back to the top
Awesome, good work.  8)

Back to the top
very little is actually me own work yet , but its coming along thanks

Back to the top
couple of major disappointments, theres still a buckle on the inside of the passenger door so the quarterlight n hockey sticks dont fit , and the newly discovered theorys on mk2 16v hub carriers n calipers dont fit a mk1 , sometimes ………….  :evil:

Back to the top
wirings in but not all connected, fuel pipes wi non oem fittings , axle has been out n had its polybushes, servo in , exhaust on while the axle was dropped etc

Back to the top
mate.....looks great......you have come far in such a short time .

Back to the top
workin on it kinda steady at the moment , keep the push going until it can start n stop. i.e. engine n running gear , pleased wi it myself , ta

Back to the top
Best color :wink:
is it Alpina White? or different color code?

Also, do u gonna use mk2 front brakes? cuz i have a set of that but suspension does not fit to them. :banghead:  :banghead:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
yes , alpine white, its being built to be very similar to a 1983 1800 gti, i think for the moment my options are open on brakes, i have mk1 gti brakes for it and also a 2 litre conversion mk2 which i could put them on , if the calipers are an easy transplant onto the mk1 then fair enough

Back to the top
Hmm, 1983 1800 gti has big rear lights. yours gonna be similar 1979 gti :lol:

i experienced that, mk2 carriers does not fit directly on mk1 hubs. but my car was diesel. i dont now if there is any difference between diesel and gti. :dontknow:  :dontknow:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
yes, and series 1 dash , its a unique build based on which bits i have , the whole story is a total nightmare

Back to the top
Good luck my friend :)

i ll watching you :wink:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
hmmmm , the big brakes and the rear discs are heading for my mk2

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.