Mk1 Golf C - NAN

love the wheels nice 1

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Going 1.4 16valve with cbr600 carbs :D

Back to the top
love the bare bones mk1, no bells no whistles, red, low, nice wheels, and now whack that DOHC and bike carbs, you'll have the sound too, im very jealous!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Thanks brucie, As it's a daily I'm considering building the Comps into 14"s which would eliminate arch gap and give the wheel a greater rolling radius so it doesn't rev so high!

Back to the top
was looking at this at tatton park on sunday its spotless! im currently rebuilding a 16 valver polo engine to be put  into a mk1 golf as well that's my next project . keep up the good work & the updates coming

ste

Back to the top
Thanks stevo, make sure you get a build thread up on here ;)

Back to the top
Very nice!

I do luv mars red :wink:

Look forward to seeing some more progress pics! Going to be wicked running that 1400 16v.

Back to the top

Preece said

Thanks stevo, make sure you get a build thread up on here ;)

ii will do mate doing the project a different way around rebuilding the engine first still need to source the car cant find anywhere i live . have a look on club polo about setting the bike carbs up if you get stuck loads of info on there about them.

peace

Back to the top

concunningham said

Sweet
Whats that on the left?

Do you mean what appears to be a Porsche 914?

2008 Citro'n C6 (C6 RTK)
1993 Jeep Cherokee. 1985 Scimitar SS1
132 cars in 18 years…

Past VWs: Mk 1 Clipper, Mk 2 Polo, Beetles, Beetle Cab, Buses, Passats, Sciroccos, Golf Mk 2 GTis, Jetta Syncro, New Beetle Cabrio

Back to the top
Nice!

Back to the top
So being as the sun was out today i decided to get cracking on the golf. I had been doing a bit a few evenings in the week so the engine was nearly ready to pull bar driveshafts. Engine is out and a few parts are at the powder coaters! I've also put some shelving up in the garage so it's alot more organised in there now.

Start of the day with the engine still in.

Up on stands ready for driveshaft disconnection with a driveshaft spline tool

:D

Back to the top
pure simple, love it

Back to the top
This is still ticking over slowly, A levels are getting in the way at the moment but will be over soon so i'll have more time to get stuck in with the golf. ;) I've been stripping the block and painting and refurbishing all the parts i can. Props to OCD-shelvey for sorting me out the genuine parts and to Bigoll for the powdercoating and acid dipping, Cheers fella's!  8-)

So we started off with paiting the block.

I also had the sump and the crank pulley powdercoated in satin black.

The sump fitted with new sump plug + washer

I also had the rocker cover acid dipped and blasted.

lovely stuff!

A picture of the genuine parts!

Also picked up a stainless 4 branch manifold earlier this year ;D

Apologies for the photo quality! More updates soooon  :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.