Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf C - NAN

Back to the top

Mk1 Golf C - NAN

Okay, i did have a thread about this car on here a while ago but i cant seem to find it. Oh well! I spoke to GAMMYGOLFGTI in shifnal before the mega meet in Coventry and he reminded me of this place so here i am! I have a 1.1 "C" which i have restored over the past year.

She looked like this after some detailing by a good friend.

Currently rocking some tarantula's at the moment though for the winter, and will have some new wheels for 2010! :)

Back to the top
Very nice! Love the s1 seats

Back to the top
Sweet
Whats that on the left?

Back to the top
what a beauty

Back to the top
niiiiiice

Back to the top
that's real nice mate, glad to see someone else poppin out a 1.1  :P

Back to the top
thanks for the comments everyone.  On the left is a Porsche 914 :), not mine, i wish!

Back to the top
awesome mate some more pics plz

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

The Nan

I used to own that car. I was the 3rd owner. A man in Oakley, Basingstoke bought it from the garage and did 20,000 miles in it. Then I bought it off some girl who didn't understand for 350 quid. I did 20,000 miles in 2 years in it while at Uni but i never really had the time to look after it. I changed many plugs, rotar arms, points and distributor caps. I was to cheap to fill up the tank so 20 years of rust got into the system and i had to sell it as a non runner on ebay and i still got 325 for it. It's still famous in my eyes. Loved it

Back to the top
That's great to hear! i picked her up from a guy in Stafford with 64000 miles on the clock, she ran, but not very well! after a damn good service she was back on form. 10000 miles later and i've not not really had any problems! if you have any pictures of it i would greatly appreciate it if you could put them up. I don't suppose you ever lost a black flat-ended snap on screwdriver? I found one in the box section!  8)

Back to the top
Quality mate.

Is this the Formule E Model

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
This isn't the Formule E Model, however i have fitted a 5 speed gearbox from a mk3 polo, much better for crusing!

Back to the top
Cool.

Looks lovely and the Five speed box must be like having a cheey on the top.

Wish i owned it  :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Thanks allana! I'm going to be doing a 1400 16v conversion over the summer :) I've also just built up these to go on.

Back to the top
Now thats Quality  :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Rolling shot for y'all! This was from the way down to Spring Fest. Ignore the ride height because i only had time to slap the wheels on and go! More updates soon.

Back to the top
Nice 1

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Whats the specs on the wheels? One of my favourite wheels. Looks awesome. Will look even better when its lowered a bit more

Any more pics with them on?

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments! I haven't managed to get any more pictures yet, i need to buy some locking wheel bolts so i can use them all the time, don't fancy leaving the car at college with them on! I'm not entirely sure on offsets, the but the front's are 7J with a 1.5" outer dish, 0.5" center and a 5" inner barrel. The rears are 8J with the same spec as the 7's only with an inch wider inner barrel. The rear's sit extremely close to the rear beam, you can barely fit a rizla paper in there!

Back to the top

A few more pictures after winding it down a little.
There are too many online users to list.