Skip navigation

another newbie from way far east coast =)

Back to the top

another newbie from way far east coast =)

:D hi there, my name is shane,i live in indonesia, i'm a product designer and a real mk1 fans. had one, for a year, still not running though.. :D (still working my ass to restore it )  

i want to restore this car so i could use it daily to replace my old BMW..(miss that car so much T_T hiks)..i hope that this mk1  project will make me stop my grievng to my old BMW..=)..

so this mk1 that i have purchased, it's a 4 door hacth , running with 8v 1500 liter engine  (not quite sure wat the engine codes are)..i had to replace the engine head with GTI head,(coz i think the old one is already screwed hehe) but still run with 4 barrel quadrajet dcm carb, (coz i dunno where to get the injection body thrtll, and all the wiring, i cant find it here hiks..hiks..)..:dontknow: ..i put a small turbo on it..hehehe i dunno will it runs well or not..i hope it will..the engine crank and start gut..sound gut..but i still dunno will there be trouble in the future hihihi..so i think i need a help from you guys :D..about technical data on the engine..(ex. degreess on the cams..etc, so  i could calculate some setting /adjustment.)  your advice will be a great guidance for me..thanx in advance guys..

Back to the top
Ill say a welcoming hi, seeing as no one else has :o  :o  :banghead:  :wink:  :wink:

Back to the top
Welcome along.

Off the top of my head we now have owners from,

UK
France
Spain
Germany
Poland
Italy
Malta
South Africa
Canada
USA
Mexico
Indonisia
Austrailia

Any others???

Dan

Back to the top
Hi and welcome to the site, hope you can make our annual meet next year :D

lets see some pics of the resto work :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

Hi and welcome to the site, hope you can make our annual meet next year :D

lets see some pics of the resto work :D

okey..i'l try to upload some picture..

Back to the top
this is the engine, it's already packed..i hope it will run well hehehe..

this is the body,still work in progress though..hehe, unfortunatly,
 i like the proportion of the 4doors rather than 2 doors :roll: :banghead: .. :wink:

and here are my sketches, i would like to make this golf bit more like this…  :wink:

Back to the top
ups

Back to the top
this is the engine, it's already packed..i hope it will run well hehehe..

this is the body,still work in progress though..hehe, unfortunatly,
i like the proportion of the 4doors rather than 2 doors Rolling Eyes Somewhat frustrated .. Wink

and here are my sketches, i would like to make this golf bit more like this… Wink

Back to the top
Hi mate and welcome!!!  Love seeing just how far the mk1 passion goes… Indonesia that's brilliant  :lol:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Hi mate and welcome!!!  Love seeing just how far the mk1 passion goes… Indonesia that's brilliant  :lol:
thx mate.. :D

Back to the top
how you doing nice bit of work there ,cant weight to see it  finished .what are the two pulleys for the ones above the dynamo/alternator?

Back to the top

gafo said

how you doing nice bit of work there ,cant weight to see it  finished .what are the two pulleys for the ones above the dynamo/alternator?
thanx mate  :D ..two pulleys are, air conditioning and power streering mate,
i cant barely survive the heat in here (indonesia) i felt like melted  :D, i also need the power streering because, you see, in our country there is a lot of,…kinda small road, so the needs of manuverability is very important, i just cant imagine if i dont have the power streering.. :wink:  
yeah , i cant wait either for my car to finish, there are a little bit of problms though, i couldnt get the spares easily in here.. :banghead:
since the species of golf i indonesia,classified as very rare item, souw..i guess, the time schedule is gona be a lil'bit long :dontknow:

Back to the top
lucky you  power steering+the need to have air.con .we are freezing cold here in ireland +britain, its been snowing for the last week or so,  i've been getting frostbite for the last week putting my car back together on the driveway.the neighbours think i'm nuts .i've been driving them mad with the noise from my cars exhaust ,no cat and the silencer gone from the charger .i just cant stop listening to that burble.Cant wait to see the car painted ,i love your sketch great talent to have .Are you going to fit wheels similar to the ones in the sketch they suit the overall concept of your design i think. i dont really care for " racing stripes" but i really like the look of those .good luck with your car

Back to the top

gafo said

lucky you  power steering+the need to have air.con .we are freezing cold here in ireland +britain, its been snowing for the last week or so,  i've been getting frostbite for the last week putting my car back together on the driveway.the neighbours think i'm nuts .i've been driving them mad with the noise from my cars exhaust ,no cat and the silencer gone from the charger .i just cant stop listening to that burble.Cant wait to see the car painted ,i love your sketch great talent to have .Are you going to fit wheels similar to the ones in the sketch they suit the overall concept of your design i think. i dont really care for " racing stripes" but i really like the look of those .good luck with your car

i guess we both are what they called,grease monkey??haha i'm not familiar with that term anyway  :D
yes, luckily i have bought the BBS RM for her..i got it from ebay, i'm very happy that i found the wheels.
thanx mate for all of your support and opinion…it really meant alot..

Back to the top
Wow that looks amazing! Good effort with the engine too! That looks like it'll be good fun to drive when its all sorted. As an art student love the concept drawings too :)

Back to the top

Sedge said

Wow that looks amazing! Good effort with the engine too! That looks like it'll be good fun to drive when its all sorted. As an art student love the concept drawings too :)

hi there..thanx for visiting my thread..nice  to meet you mate.. :D ..what art major are you in mate?

Back to the top
the wheels… :D

the beginning of the project..stripping the car :D

disassembling  the engine

checking the transmission gear..n get it cleaned

assembling the engine all tgther

experimenting with 4 barrels holley (but it didnt work though hehehe got alot of problems with it, becoz the size of the carb is too big to fit
into front bonnet..

than the engine is almost ready

and there you have it.. :D
still working with the interior design though..i fit the porsche's seat into it.but made some lil' modification,
all i ever wanted for the seat was also to look stylish from it's behind
i've  made a clay modelling (haven't  finished yet,still have to do some research).

Back to the top

id_shane said

Sedge said

hi there..thanx for visiting my thread..nice  to meet you mate.. :D ..what art major are you in mate?

At the moment I'm just doing a Art Foundation year which in England is just a course that you have to do before you can go onto University. Hopefully I will be going on to do either 3D design or Model Makings though :)

Back to the top

Sedge said

id_shane said

Sedge said

At the moment I'm just doing a Art Foundation year which in England is just a course that you have to do before you can go onto University. Hopefully I will be going on to do either 3D design or Model Makings though :)

:D woow..i'll say go for it!…model making is fun though.humanist, lots and lots of designer work hand in hand with model maker,
but unfortunatly, your field of work will not be as broad as 3D modeller,you see many2 industrial company needs the skill of 3D artist
it's fast, it's considerably cheap, and also fast in delivering CNC machinery database, could replicated the idea from design process to enginerring in a split secnd… but..for me..if i were you, i'll have no doubt taking the Model making major (but thats just me though) becoz
no computer could replicate the beauty of human sculpture, even untill this day we still screwing around with clay to make a car prototype..
than afterwrd..comes the computer… :wink: ..but choose wat you fells like oke mate.. :D do wat you love is alway the best way to live :D

Back to the top
ups
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.