Skip navigation

anyone going to be working on the car at xmas or are

Back to the top

anyone going to be working on the car at xmas or are

Coilies to unseize. Looking forward to lows, not to the effort needed to do it :(

Back to the top
Spot welds to drill out…tar type sounds proofing to remove…engine bay to clean up…paint bay…paint inside of car…

Many things to do :)

Back to the top

"mk1john" said

What are you up to Ray? Sorting the rear quarter?/quote]

Yeah mate, finally got a few jobs out of the unit so I can get the back axle off and start drilling…

I want to (finally) get the quarter on the Project before the weather starts picking up in the spring, 'cos then I want to paint the Campaign before the summer's daily use.

Sounds like you've got plenty to do too!

Back to the top
I have a week off work (yipee), must do jobs, lock myself in garage with plenty of liquid winter warmers and hopefully,

remove petrol tank
            filler pipe
            engine block (head already off)
            strip engine bay ready for prep

once these jobs are done rotissierie needed to flip car on its side to strip the underseal,and hard breakline pipes. prep, stonechip, and paint.

All i need now is a rotisserie :banghead:  is there anyone out there who can lend or loan me the use of one, would be much appreciated, crates of refreshments awaiting merry xmas to all andy.

Back to the top
got two weeks off, hopefully going to get few bits sorted on the mk1 as well as getting tipsy (not at the same time though).

need to sort the leaks out and bail the water from the foot wells. remove both door cards and sort the dropped windows out.

need to take off the rubbish 14's off and put the tarantulas on (christmas present from the g/f :)

give it a good clean inside and out and top up all the fluids.

then drink and eat as much as possible  8)

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top
wheels on and looks a thousand times better than it did, i know they are only standard but they are better than what i had.

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top
I'll be working on the car, as the missus needs to use it as a daily from January onwards.  Jobs to do;

Fix thermosensor on engine
Sort front bumper and indicators
Sort coilovers and wheels
Sort stereo
Fix parcelshelf

Nothing too major thankfully  :D

Back to the top
I'll be trying to sort out the heater blower before my 250 mile drive home in this hot weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

\"You don\'t know the power of the dark side!\"
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.