Skip navigation

Spudwok - Sooo want a engine conversion so need to save!!

Back to the top

Spudwok - Sooo want a engine conversion so need to save!!

PhillTMK1GTI said

it's ok mate, park up next to mine!  :wink:

:lmao: cracking… I've seen yours in pics though mate and it looks pretty straight… thanks for the boost though lol.  You coming along then?  Stick your name on the list Phil mate  :lol:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Going to take this one to the GTI festival in Santa Pod on 11th April.  Me and Zambeaky should be meeting up in Wellingborough if anyone is going that way and wants to convoy in.

I'm wondering wether or not to put him on the stand though as he's a bit of a rusty old get!!!  :lol:

seriously cool wagen dude! 2.1 16v would be a bit naughty!

I'm going up GTi spring fest hopefully, you guys on the MK1oc clubstand?

1983 Mars red MK1 Wagen.

Back to the top
Thanks Dubsy but it's no where near as good nick as your fella.  Yeah some of the Milton Keynes meet lads will be there so come along if you get the chance mate.  Be good to see your red gti in the mix bud.

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Thanks Dubsy but it's no where near as good nick as your fella.  Yeah some of the Milton Keynes meet lads will be there so come along if you get the chance mate.  Be good to see your red gti in the mix bud.

thanks man!  :redfaced: its not to bad mine. yer i think i'll be convoying with aload of my friends up the m1. but will try and meet you guys, introduce myself etc.

right i'll shh with the offtopic chat now!

you got other MK1s or is this your only baby?

1983 Mars red MK1 Wagen.

Back to the top
Got a silver one in pretty good nick that I rebuilt the engine in mate.  It's a bit further down on the your projects section.  hoping to sort the bodywork etc when I save enough… this green one is just a raggedy toy  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: !!!

Convoy up the M1 would be awesome… take some pics for us mate  :lol:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Got a silver one in pretty good nick that I rebuilt the engine in mate.  It's a bit further down on the your projects section.  hoping to sort the bodywork etc when I save enough… this green one is just a raggedy toy  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: !!!

Convoy up the M1 would be awesome… take some pics for us mate  :lol:

Rad, i'll check that out now.

will do! will be a few mk1s, golfs and caddys  8)

1983 Mars red MK1 Wagen.

Back to the top
any updates on this?

Back to the top
Well the golf split a coolant hose…. so ordered Samco to the tune of £130  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O …. should mean I don't need to replace them anymore and won't leave myself and my missus stranded when going to AGM and MK meets but alot of money!!!

I've got play in the steering wheel and a bit of play on the drivers side wheel.  Think I need to replace the tie-rod end…. bud should be ok to get to the AGM and back…. also got noise from the engine/water pump…. this things needs overhauling to get everything sweet but time and money just aint there at the minute due to wedding/job worries and saving to move house  :roll: …… need a lottery win  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
just had a read through this thread makes for good reading mate  :wink:
ive just purchased a lhasa green mk1 off flea bay cant wait to get started but ive got the mrs KA to sort plus the family car and also my ratty white gti cabs which will be on the road before the green one,would be great to meet up with you lot at a meet in the near future in one of them  :mrgreen:
keep the updates comin  :)

Back to the top
Thanks mate  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Getting married in two months so car is on hold.  The shockers are kaput on it so will be replacing them on Saturday, also has a nail in one tyre and a ball joint gone.  Hopefully get it all done this weekend.  Really nice to have some interest thanks  :wink:

Back to the top

sphmk1 said

ive just purchased a lhasa green mk1 off flea bay cant wait to get started but ive got the mrs KA to sort plus the family car and also my ratty white gti cabs which will be on the road before the green one,would be great to meet up with you lot at a meet in the near future in one of them  :mrgreen:

You got a build thread Sean? Interested to see it if you have, are you still selling bits too btw?

Spudfingers said

Thanks mate  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Getting married in two months so car is on hold.  The shockers are kaput on it so will be replacing them on Saturday, also has a nail in one tyre and a ball joint gone.  Hopefully get it all done this weekend.  Really nice to have some interest thanks  :wink:

Looking good mate, read through the whole thing too, go for the 20Vt conversion, I'll give you a hand if you like  :D

When mine's done your more than welcome to experience it first hand  :evil:

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top

Joe90k said

Looking good mate, read through the whole thing too, go for the 20Vt conversion, I'll give you a hand if you like  :D

When mine's done your more than welcome to experience it first hand  :evil:

If your not joking then I will be well be up for that!!!  Problem being I may remortgage the day after to get mine done lol  :mrgreen:  8O

Back to the top
I'm not joking about either mate, let me know.

:)

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top

Joe90k said

I'm not joking about either mate, let me know.

:)

You are a gem mate!!

Back to the top
I have a seriously productive day!!!  This is what me and my old man achieved:-

Swapped rusted through Shockers back and front for coilovers  8)
Replaced drivers side front ball joint
Replaced passenger side front ball joint
Fixed a puncture in the front wheel and put that as a spare
Balanced all wheels
Replaced the Drivers wing mirror with a working one

Really, really chuffed with it all  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

sphmk1 said

How many cars do you own now??  :o

Im sure you had five already when i was last there  :D

Back to the top
hi joe,i havnt got a build thread as yet but the scruffy white cabs which i broke for parts is now being put back togethor with old tatty parts i have lying around so that the mrs can use it for going to uni in september (took a lot of convincing lol)
my lhasa green gti is going to be my main project and im unsure of which engine im going to run in that one yet as the standard one thats in it is spitting petrol past one of the spark plugs at the min  8O
i am still selling parts but i havnt got much at the min as im on the look out for a new breaker/doner but keep my number mate or contact me on here  :wink:
p.s yours is lookin sweeeeet mate

Back to the top

GaryGTi83 said

sphmk1 said

How many cars do you own now??  :o

Im sure you had five already when i was last there  :D
hi gary hows your project comin on?
im back down to 3 at the min but i just finished breaking a celica gt4 250bhp very nice but worth more in parts

Back to the top
sorry for the hijack spud  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

sphmk1 said

sorry for the hijack spud  :mrgreen:

Any more of this shininigans and I'm going to hunt you all down  :cry:

No worried it boosted my viewing numbers up a bit  :roll:  :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.