Skip navigation

derbyshire meet , sunday 20th december

Back to the top

derbyshire meet , sunday 20th december

:) looking good so far , .sunshine ........might even go topless ..... :mrgreen:

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
looking grim here lots of white stuff falling from the sky as we type so not looking good for me  :cry:  :cry:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
I set off this morning to visit brother in Cheshire via Derbyshire Glossop/Buxton and Cat & Fiddle area.

After defreezing washer jets on dailydriver Fester set off in winter sunshine.

Got 1/2 way over Woodhead and decided to turn back as it was almost a white out.

Got back home to south yorks but snow here now and untreated side roads starting to get impassable.

Hope no one got stuck in their MK1s?

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Sorry Jim the snow beat us today will make it to one of your meets next year hope you all made it safe home.

Bolton Today

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
:) no worries , i wouldn't expect anybody to take any risks .  thankyou to ross and dek for turning out , good to see you .
dek ….joined the club,picked up his members pack  and is now a full paid member, good luck with the operation mate , best wishes with that ,
ross…..had a picnic half way up bank road ??    lets see the pics , slow journey home but got there in the end …now to repeat the journey at 3am…

Back to the top

Back to the top
:lol: yup, tried me best getting up the hill but lost traction half way, which made for slow going as I found out it was ice uder the snow, wheel spin in 4th gear at idle speed! got up eventually though! Could have done with more weight and skinny tyres!

I'll get Vyki to get those pics off her camera later

Ross

Back to the top
ross have you got a dodgey headlight ?

Back to the top
Sorry guys,

Got car started but couldnt even get out of my lane today! Really annoyed about it buy ah well…

see ya at the next one!

1992 Pearl Green Clipper Cab - 16v (9a block, KR head, GSXR600 Carbs) :)

Back to the top
thank mate for the welcome to the club it was a shame it was snowing and didnt . meet same more of the memebers yesterday hope to meet up after the op thanks again mk1jim .have a great christmas and new year to you all hope to see you all late in the new year .

i'am a mk1 golf nutter RHODEISAN RIDGEBACK mk1 cabbys rule and you drool

Back to the top
thank mate for the welcome to the club it was a shame it was snowing and didnt . meet same more of the memebers yesterday hope to meet up after the op thanks again mk1jim .have a great christmas and new year to you all hope to see you all late in the new year .

Back to the top

mk1jim said

ross have you got a dodgey headlight ?

:oops: nah jim - theyre LHD cross hairs me thinks, both are working right - beam just seems a bit squiffy - maybe like that to stop dazzling oncoming traffic!

Back to the top
Finally got round to getting the pictures off the camera:

Me, Mk1jim & Dek parked up at cromford

After nipping in for a quick pub lunch:

Then the very slow drive home:

Back to the top
hi guys happy new year to you all hope you all had a good one . hope to been meet sum more club memebers so  . i will keep a look out for the next meeting at cromford, might have to let the wife drive the golf :(( dont like her driving her lol   hoping to have bypass in the next two week .still not had chance to have the starting problem looked at and door hing pins done yet Owill just have to wait   dek (derrick)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.