Skip navigation

Milton Keynes 5th Jan 2010, 1 year old

Back to the top

Milton Keynes 5th Jan 2010, 1 year old

We had a fantastic 12th turnout last meet with 10 mk1  2 caddys a mk2 and a corrado 8) ,plus loads of members,

And now 1 Year old, A big thank you from Rajan and me for all your help and support over the year. We know this is the best Regional MK1OC meet. Lets keep it that way.

What does 2010 Milton Keynes Region have to offer. Curry night, Rolling Road, Treasure Hunt, Show & Shine, and representing the club on National and Local shows throughout the year.  

Well done to Catscene for winning the Festive Show and Shine :clap:

Winter Location :Ikea car park,

Address:

IKEA Milton Keynes
Goslington
Off Bletcham Way
Milton Keynes MK1 1QB

When : Tuesday 5th January 2010

What time : 7.30pm onwards

FAQ`s :
Q.Do i eat at the venue?
A.If you like meatballs

Q. Can i buy flatpack furniture?
A. Yes but hide it from spud.

Q. Where do i park?
A. In the car park next to the other Mk1`s (floodlit under cover part)

Q. What if my Mk1 isnt on the road just yet?
A. Come along anyway, there is a great sourse of knowlege and a local member may have spare parts

Q. Will my car be photographed and put on this fantastic website?
A. Yes, Spudfingers will have is camera ready for snaps. You may even be videoed and up on You Tube

Note.. Please add to the thread if you need contact with Spudfingers as he is responsible for 70% of the posts on this thread

Q. Does anybody read this?
A. Please post….. 8)

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
sadly will miss january's meet as will still be on holiday, guna miss breaking the new yr in with you peeps guna be a long painfull wait til feb

we may have a regional road trip or two in the pipelines for summer time where we will visit some other regions with our mk convoy, its been discussed with the nw region briefly and they seemed up for it but i think its been left to discuss now when everyones together again to see what every one thinks so that maybe something to pencil in to the what to offer list

ant5/ Rajan - mk meet organisers
spudfingers - music/video editing/pic editing/you tube uploading
zambeaky      - video
brucieboy       - photo's
funk-star        - suplies parts/priceless knowledge

can add to this list if you like

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top

zambeaky said

zambeaky      - video
brucieboy       - photo's
funk-star        - suplies parts/priceless knowledge

can add to this list if you like

Saved my 4000'th post to reply here because I love our regional meets so much!!!  These meets are friendly, inviting and happen only once a month so don't miss the chance to have a drive out.  It's a great chance to share knowledge, have a laugh with like minded mk1'ers and generally chill out.  

We have many long term members, loads of relatively newbies who keep coming back and other newbies who just fancy a run out every 1st Tuesday of the month to see what it's all about.  Come along and join in  :D

Established Long-termers

zambeaky - video
brucieboy - photo's
funk-star - suplies parts/priceless knowledge
Nickl - modifying advice along with funk-star
Lessy-Jim - interior bathroom design for your mk1
Philldis, Finchy and family - our little family bunch of long termers  :wink:

Everyone - welcoming to newbies and great people
 :lol:

1 year old already  8O ….. that went quick…!!!!  I might actually have a mk1 for this one (yes I know I say this every meet  :roll: lol ….

Back to the top
Well done you guys.

T

Back to the top
ill be at this one

if the car makes it  :lol:  :lol:

Banner

Back to the top
I'll be bringing Spudwok!!  Here you go ya non-beleivers Spudwok lives!!  :lol:

Jelly Belly do you mean the hard top or caddy?  How much you got left to do to the hardtop?

Back to the top
i'll be in the cabby :D , hard top still has a long way to go  :cry:

Banner

Back to the top
Cabby looks good though mate and we haven't got a red one of those in our MK collection yet  :lol:

Back to the top
hey its my birthday on the 5th too!! so i will be down in my white caddy agian to help you guys celebrate. should be on a new set of wheels by then aswell  :D
well that is if the missus lets me :oops:

Back to the top

graydog said

hey its my birthday on the 5th too!! so i will be down in my white caddy agian to help you guys celebrate. should be on a new set of wheels by then aswell  :D
well that is if the missus lets me :oops:

havent you learnt yet!! the missis always lets you get what she doesnt know ya buying haha

how do you think i got a mk1 and everything for it since……she never knows until i'v bought and paid for it   :lol:  :lol:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
spud- wash your mouth out…..nickl modifying advice???? i thought i was there for comedy value?!! :mrgreen:

I will more than likely be at the next meet but i very much doubt my caddy will be…….as of the weekend i have started a very long list of upgrades to my caddy to, as spud put it at the last meet….kill myself! lol, wouldnt do that but the caddy is now sporting an ecu and half a new engine wiring loom- it goes even faster now as of sunday morning……watch this space! :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Back to the top
Another awesome meet under our belts,

First thing, Funk Star- priceless knowledge…? really?

second thing, i so hope this meet carries on getting stronger and bigger… (Ian said that to me once) :mrgreen:

I love meeting up with everyone that comes to it, its gone past just about mk1's now, we're all friends and thats important, perfect strangers just one year ago are now good friends, i love it!

lets keep it going!! I hope to see your Spud soon spud  :wink:

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Brucieboy, what do you think to the bumper?

Did you see what i mean about the clips inside.

Keep me posted

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
Hey buddy, sorry i havent been in contact recently, im just so so busy at work!!! ill check out the bumper tomorrow and see what the deal is, ill let you know as soon as mate, thanks alot for droppin it round, hope you found it alright and it wasnt too far out of your way.

thanks buddy! :mrgreen:

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
one day to go before im jetting off for the sunny sunny beaches of thailand, excited now

things seem to hav gone bad at work this week and could be out of a job when i get back but i'l sort that and worry bout that when i get back in the new yr, just the normal company rocky & bull winkle if you get my drift, been there 6yrs and had enough of the place anyways, if it comes to termination of imployment then i will persue it anyway as the union and alot of people seem to think they havent followed proceedures correctly and seem to think thier case is pretty weak but im not guna stress my self out over it now im going away and enjoying my self, recharge, dust my self off of that place and find a new path  :)

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Zambo, thats not great news  :( Enjoy your holiday dude, and see you in Feb. Happy Xmas and all that stuff.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
Bruice should be on the list as a fruity mincer! lol

ill be there, fingers crossed the gti might be ready by then?

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
well boys and girls im off in a few hours, so happy xmas to all and hae a great new year.
will miss you all at januarys meet but will look forward to catching up with you all in feb.

xmas messages for you while im gone….

funk-star - keep abusing spudfingers while im away! :wink:  :lol:

spudfingers - grow a little taller little fella target set 3feet! :lol:

brucieboy - work on your wave i wanna see a more manly wave for the new year! :wink:  :lol:

nikl - keep ya hands off funk-star while im gone his mine, dont think while the cats away the mice can play! :wink:  :lol:  

raj - stop buying mk1's you practicly own the poulation of mk1's save some for other people to own…. you have enough! :lol:  

phildis/finchy - stop putting speakers in your car there's no room for anymore …deal with it! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

ant5 - hope you get trousers for xmas or alteast ones that are long enough! :lol:

lessyjim - please get a soap tray fitted in your car as i noticed i had no where to put the soap when i had a shower in it, and can you please get a shower cap to match the shower curtain! :lol:

jellybelly - get your butt to the meet! :lol:

graydog - if your cabby's whiter than mine your not allowed to bring it to the meet…mines the whitest one allowed them is the rules ok! :lol:  :mrgreen:

hope you love all your messages peeps have a good one  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Have a great time mate, a very merry xmas and a smashing new year bud.

I'm getting stilts for my xmas so I'm sorted lol  :lol: .  Hopefully the sun will stop your apetite and you can lose that 3 stone target weight… and drop down to 24st  :lol:

Back to the top
hi all was a great meet glad ya liked the dog her name is roxy i wonder if catscene had fun with her secret santa  :oops:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.