Skip navigation

projet tank

Back to the top

projet tank

I`ve also ordered some black samco pipes for the engine bay. A full set plus the samco klips .Hope thay come soon  :lol:

Back to the top
OK boys and girls ive got a lot off interspersion from a engine build on this site and hes called crissiy.
And hes done some plate ting and some off you will have seen this .So i wanted do do the same so.
I bought  a kit from caswell europe and i ve had 3 mounths of hell trying to plate a peace of metel. :banghead:
Here is the bus bar i maid.

Back to the top
And here is me mate trying to help me get the nice gold finish im after.
anybody that can help me with the plating please do. As i spent 7and a 1/2 hours on the caswells forums
yesterday and got nothing for my readings.

Back to the top
Anyone that can give me any help on the plating .Would help so much as this winter i would like to get her finishd.
thanks and i ll be back on it this week end . 8)

Back to the top

painted bay

Ive got the engine bay painted first time with the paint gun its good fun and me bay looking good to.

And thanks to me mate marco for showing me how to paint 8)

Back to the top

primed

Also got the rest off the shell in high build primer :D

Back to the top

rear qweter

Heres a close up

Back to the top

tape

Here i am trying to get the sticky tape off me wings .

It`s all in the prep thay say :roll:

Back to the top

pipes

Still waiting for me samco water pipes to come thay take so long.But i`ve got my rubber that fits a long
the windscreen to seal the hood.Thanks to Crazy quiffs.But not CHEAP :roll:
But it will look a lot better than the old one.

Back to the top
Regarding the plating…I had the same nightmare!
Spent days trying to get it to plate properly but didn't manage it. Would've taken me years to do it nut bu nut.
I spent £130 on the kit! What a waste.
Found a local platers who did every nut and bolt in my bay, including bonnet catches, door keeps, you name it for £100. Dropped it in to them and 2 days later job done.
I've got serious ammounts of patience, but defo recommend giving it to the experts. More time for you to spend on other things!

You can see the platers finish on my thread…

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top
Great work by the way…will look amazing when it's finished!

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top

Thanks

Hey thanks djrussf1 your builds coming on a treat to takes time don`t it.I think i might have to go back to a plating copany and cut my losses .And save  some time to. :wink:
 Thanks

Back to the top

Right then

Ok still whating for me samco pipes .Also engine and box going in this weekend.iIf my mk2 golf will play ball.
Also orderd a new carpept set .I try soom photos now as ive done my sterring rack and servo.

Back to the top
Just a little up date for you all.me and me mate have got the engine and box in the bay .But im still waiting for my samco pipes.(Come on ).
ive also ordered a carpet set from newton Commercials.Also done the inner cvj`s WELL ME MATE DID.
ill try and get a photo up.If i can .

Back to the top
So her is me drive shafts all painted :lol:

Back to the top
Also painted the end on the box in vw green :wink:

Back to the top
Nice shiney servo and steering rack and a new boot 8)

Back to the top
metering heads done to

Back to the top
Engine and box about to go in.(TAKE YOUR TIME NOW) :lol:

Back to the top
And its in .I will try and get some better photos pc`s do my head in.and photo buckets not much better.

and
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.