Skip navigation

Slippys chrome bits looks like a build thread starting!!!!!

Back to the top

Slippys chrome bits looks like a build thread starting!!!!!

Another chrome bit for the Rivage drive shaft cover

Back to the top
After a few let downs with other sellers picked up a chrome front engine mount, yes you guessed German E-Bay again, hope to get it this week.

Back to the top
Back with the chrome, quick fix on Saturday morning, old front mount removed and replaced with a chrome one (German E-Bay) also fitted the chrome inner cv cover, all nice and straight forward. Went to fit the chrome oil temp sender and found it was a pressure sender (wrong one sent) so the hunt goes on.

Back to the top
Was sent a chrome oil pressure sender instead of a temperature sender, so ordered up a standard brass one and got it fitted into the top of the oil cooler, this now gives me the oil temperature on the VDO gauge in the centre consul and also in the digital dash read out.
Had to get a chrome fix so picked up a chrome sump has a few marks, after a quick polish came up not to bad for what I paid, will get this fitted early next year when the car gets an oil change.

Back to the top
Picked up a set of stainless dash vent inserts here on the site, very nice finish and after a quick polish an easy fit.

Back to the top
Well looks like spring is in the air so back to the shiny stuff got these today from Germany will be on for Dubshed.

Back to the top
Got the new strikers fitted just have to fit a small plastic sleeve where the catch clips onto
so not to mark the finish.

Back to the top
Hi m8 ever thought of changing your id to chromey ? lol but the job you have done with one thing and another is ace. Oh and i bet you are the one outbidding me on flea bay lol

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
hi slippy , the guy has a point, could catch on !

Back to the top
This is never going to stop!!!haha  Have to say my favourite bit is the beige centre console!  I feel guilty about saying it, sorry.  The coke cans are a work that einstein would've been proud of!  Incidentally have you seen these on ebay…http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/…TRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2868wt_91
Incase you need spares :P

Back to the top
not enough chrome on this lol but i may have a go

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
thanks for the feed back geejah and Ginner every time i think no more chrome another bit turns up.
Have to say that i there are some great cars on the site way better than mine and i have to admire the time and effort that every one spends.
IF she cant be fast she sure will be shiny LOL.

still have a box of bits to get on her 256 brakes,goodridge hoses 16v servo and master cylinder.TSR cam and kent vernier pully not for speed just so she can lift her skirt up a bit LOL.
chrome sump and chrome waterpump pully.But in no real rush just waiting for the weather to pick up so i can get out and enjoy driving her.

The t25 my other project has been the main project but thats nearly ready,shes in for a main VW service next Wed that will be 22 years! full VW service history,had to keep it going after the last owner had kept the service with the main dealer even if they do charge a bit higher, then MOT on Thursday so back on the road then i hope.

Back to the top
Good man Slippy but still looks fantastic, i have the same vision with mine just want it to look ace not show but tidy and if i get a shiney chromey bay like yours then all will be so cheery.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Picked these up at the weekend 4 mirror  polished 15 inch, I already have a set of these on my Rivage but they where not mirror polished. For the cost it would have been to get my own done, I got these and the all important alloy centre caps and also came with 4 new tyres.
Already have the tyres off and sold will be swapping my own on to these. So worked out not to bad price wise. Spent about half an hour with the polishing mop on the right hand rim to get the finish back, have come up really well. Roll on the summer.

Back to the top
Well after about an hour on each rim finally got them looking not to bad.

Back to the top
lookin well sir have to see them when booted

Back to the top
They shined up well, it'll be nice to see them on the car.

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
Never mind my car cant wait to see both of yours on the road, seeing as there is a bit of paint being sprayed about at the moment. lol

Back to the top
These look top dog slippy, and oh i have bought myself a chroming kit so look out !! lol have you seen a mk1 in chrome........!!!!

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers GINNER cant wait to see how it turns out,the hunt continues for more shiny bits LOL.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.