Skip navigation

mk1 1982 gti project more pictures.

Back to the top

mk1 1982 gti project more pictures.

My mates just melted one of them on his ibiza. Sore one  :redfaced: offered to buy them lol Good pics mate likeing the look of it lol Was talking to a lad in edinburgh about his standard 16v mk1 reckoned was faster on the strip more reliable and used less fuel. It was a 8v gti on twin webbers with a cam n other head work.
Got me thinking though lol  :wink:

1.3 Driver - 1.8t in progress
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56551

Daily driver : e36 325 tdi se / slammed on konis and bbs rco401's
Daily offroader : discovery 1 6" lift monster :D

Back to the top
i might just fiddle around with the standard one for the moment see what comes about

Back to the top
anyone got a bonnet catch spring? one day i opened the bonnet and it was all pulled and to jack, :S dont have a clue what went on.. but i dont know where to find one or anything i also need some small trim clips for the bottom of the door.

Back to the top
anyone know what JOM-BLUELINE coilovers are like? thinking of getting a set for the time being untill i save for some better ones?

Back to the top

MOT FAILURE :(

:banghead: went for a mot and guess what..!
failed on the headlights being out due to the earth not connected, my trusty little bodyshop man didnt connect them properly, suppose il let him off that because he done such a good job..
and of corse one or two bulbs out,

i had a small hole on the inner front sill due to some idiot missing the jacking point and making a nice little dent, with a little help from mother nature and her wicked ways a small hole about 2inches long.
got that sorted straight away and the lights,
handbrake failed due to my shoes being on their last legs
so got new shoes and cylinders just incase :D better safe than sorry :):)
and my steering gaters had split so orderd some new ones.
last of all a little hole in my exaust but that was an advisary thingy to get sorted so may aswell get a new one because the old one looks pretty wackk.. :?
well got these sorted so some day this week get it back in and get a lovley pass :D
woooooo

Back to the top

updates :D

chucked the wheels on as a tester :D looked pretty sweet,

some rubbber on the bling haha :P

quite a nice stretch i thought :)

didnt look to bad standard low, think these might be my winters:D

to be honest i think the wheels make the car look pretty damn good :) only touvhy things now and shes ready to hit the road :D:D and btw yes the car is stinking coverd in dust its not a dodgy paintjob hahaa

Back to the top
sorry about the picture quality, camera has taken a turn for the worse in the dogs mouth :/ hahaa ah well what would we do without camera phones :P

Back to the top
It looks mint mate!  :D

I envy you with those wheels!  One day i will get some!  :cry:

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
very nice…  and yeah the wheels definately make the car look good!

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top
wow its amazing what some wheels and some lowering does  

well done looks great

Back to the top
looks good mate 8)

Back to the top

just found a kind of recent one :D 1.820vt next to come keep an eye ;)

Back to the top
really like the wheels.  what size are they/the dishes?  and what size tryre did you put on?  thanks.  car looks great.

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top
wheels are bbs rs, 8.5rears 7.5fronts, 1.5"dish fronts 2.5" dish rears, they are nankang ns2's 195.45.15 rears, 185.45.15 fronts, hope this helps:)

Back to the top
absolutely.  they are exactly the look i am going for i like them that much. thanks.

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top
Perfect modifications!  Make the car sit a bit lower and throw BBS wheels at it!  Nice work!

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top
anyone got many tips about cleaning up the engine, what sort of products, abrasive cleaners and so on? oo and hi temp paints? much thanks
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.