Skip navigation

mk1 1982 gti project more pictures.

Back to the top

mk1 1982 gti project more pictures.

be getting it into the workshop as soon as the roof is on, then time to strip it bare :D let me know on what do you think or some ideas, cheers :D

Back to the top
Looks like a good little project you've got there.

I've put a space between each pic mate as they were all going across the way.  They're now down the page which looks better  :wink:

Keeping it standard mate?

Back to the top
ah sweet :) cheers mate,
ye apart from little bits and bobs like coilovers, bbs rs just picky things most prob. was thinking of twin weber 45's aswell but not sure on what i would need? :/

Back to the top
hours of fun to be had there!

nice project

Back to the top

morrisson101 said

ah sweet :) cheers mate,
ye apart from little bits and bobs like coilovers, bbs rs just picky things most prob. was thinking of twin weber 45's aswell but not sure on what i would need? :/

Webers you'd be as well swapping the engine for something around the 150bhp mark.  I'm doing something similar on my green project in the summer.

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

ah ive already had alot of fun, never knew how nippy they where, raced a 106 gti left me in shock ;)

Back to the top
Webers you'd be as well swapping the engine for something around the 150bhp mark.  I'm doing something similar on my green project in the summer.

you putting a differant engine in your project?

Back to the top

morrisson101 said

whatalotafun said

ah ive already had alot of fun, never knew how nippy they where, raced a 106 gti left me in shock ;)

You've probably lost bhp over the years too lol… recondition the engine or stick a bigger lump in and you'll start getting scared… I can't wait to touch 150-180bhp… I'd have a few shots on the drag strip at santa-pod if I hit that mark  :lol:

Back to the top
i'll be hitting the strip next year too!

Back to the top
im stripping the engine out asap. then taking it to some bloke who is suppost to be really good with older engines so see what he can do to it :D
il put it on the dyno before i take it out and let you know what its running at ;)

Back to the top
im hoping to be having mine done my next years santa so hopefully i could be racing you :P

Back to the top

morrisson101 said

you putting a differant engine in your project?

Yes mate… newer engine, bigger bhp… swap the rear discs to pads… that reminds me I need to start a thread on my new project … forgot lol  :oops:

If your rebuilding your k-jet I'll be sticking a guide up soon to help others do it (done mine a few months ago on my original standard silver one - looks like yours  :lol: )

Back to the top

morrisson101 said

im hoping to be having mine done my next years santa so hopefully i could be racing you :P

LOL… I'm short so less weight lol !!!  Only good thing about being a "borrower" lol

By the way I changed your swear word to "really good".  We can't have swear words due to it being a family site mate  :wink:

Back to the top
ah sweet cheers spud fingers :) will be keeping an eye out for that.
i didnt notice i said that then lol. il be keeping the censore on the keypad:D  was thinking of going s3 aswell but dont know if it would be to much trouble.

Back to the top

morrisson101 said

ah sweet cheers spud fingers :) will be keeping an eye out for that.
i didnt notice i said that then lol. il be keeping the censore on the keypad:D  was thinking of going s3 aswell but dont know if it would be to much trouble.

Have a look around at other peoples build threads mate and get ideas.  You can also post questions around it in the technical section.  I'm sure you'll decide from that  :lol:

Back to the top
cheers:D think i need a good couple of hours on here having a nose :)

Back to the top
LOL… that's how it starts mate… then your on here everyday for hours hahahaha.  I get withdrawel symptoms if I'm away from my laptop too long :lol:

Back to the top
finally picked up all the parts i need :) rear arches, tailgate, front velance, rear velance. so lets be getting them on.

Back to the top

nearrly there wooooooooo

just had new arches, wings, tailgate, front and rear velance, slam panel and a full respray in pearl silver :) finally got the wheels a nice set of bbs rs, got some coilovers all i need now is some rubber to wrap my rs :) wont be long and il be hitting the tarmac woohoo :D

Back to the top
my rs :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.