Skip navigation

Winter car project. FINISHED pics 1/1/12

Back to the top

Winter car project. FINISHED pics 1/1/12

Nice one mate,I think the g60 steels so suit the Mk1  :D

Back to the top

MK1Allan said

Looking good, I like the wheels like that, all it needs now is a nice fresh DIY paint job  :wink:

yeah, will be spraying it in about a months time if all goes to plan. It will be the second car Iv sprayed by then so it should turn out well. The maestros getting there. Its almost all in primer now so just need to order the paint and I'll see how it turns out :)

For this one I just need to catch the rust in time before it all goes into holes. The rear arches feel soft under the spats and i need a new tailgate and wing. Maybe 2 wings actually. But the rest is solid

Back to the top
sell the red one to me! :-)

Back to the top
wicked car, the classics look great with the red centres :)

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top
Got a tailgate here for a mk1 I might sell, has had the wiper, badge, lock holes welded over and its in primer but is rot free, think it has a little surface rust but they all do at this age!

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
hmm Im not really into smoothed tailgates. I used to be but I prefer to have all the badges n that on now. How much would you be looking for? I suppose i could re drill the holes...

Back to the top
Prob want about £40 for it, will need to dig it out (its hiding in the house, nice an dry!) cant remember if I welded up all the holes or just filled some! Could prob deliver it to you sometime cos I go over to Dundee about once a month!

Back to the top
Are both your cars from Lancashire?  RRN and DHG are form there….Did you buy them in Scotlnd or Lancs?  Just a coincidence?

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
Allan - Had a think, I'll just hold out for a standard one. cheers though

Rack chopped down. Looks a lot better now I think

Fitted new disks and pads as the garage it went to for an MOT put new pads on unevenly worn disks and they were squeeking like hell and ruined. All sorted now. Just need to sort the exhaust blow and i'll have one less annoying noise :lol:

Back to the top

lennyhope said

Are both your cars from Lancashire?  RRN and DHG are form there….Did you buy them in Scotlnd or Lancs?  Just a coincidence?

Are you sure? I checked where my red one was from and it wasnt lancashire… I'll need to do it again. Both were bought in Scotland but I know the red ones from England

Back to the top
Pretty certain RN is Preston and HG is Blackburn....I think...Will check....

Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
Just checked. They are both from preston. Coincidence though. :)

Back to the top
RN is Preston and HG is Burnley…Pretty close to each other in Lancashire……Interesting….I suppose…?!

http://www.nice-reg.co.uk/info/area-of-issue-codes-for-classic-suffix-and-prefix-number-plates.html

Back to the top
Nice pair!  Early bumpers look great on Mars Red…

Back to the top
hmm some sites must be different then

cheers

Back to the top
Same thing...I guess....Preston DVLA office...

Back to the top
Progress :)  Stripping down to finally restore it. Need it for the winter

Rust :(

Well I knew it wasnt mint :|

I was glad to see that the n/s inner wing is fine.

Threw a set of decent wings on and they line up ok so atleast thats one hurdle out of the way.

So, the to-do list:

o/s/f inner wing repairs
sill repairs on both sides
new rear inner/outer arches
new front panel
repair/replace tailgate
Repair o/s doors

etc etc etc

Then respray

To be ready for october 8O

No chance, but I need to try. It would be  a shame to scrap.

Back to the top
Well that should keep you busy  :lol:

Seen a lot of cars with much more rust than that

Back to the top
nice cars man, good luck with the restore!

Back to the top
looks like the one i just picked up!

similar plans to yourself (one the 1st few pics anyways! nice and simple!)

will keep my eye on this one to see how it develops!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.