Skip navigation

Temp gauge

Back to the top

Temp gauge

engine itself isnt to blame, you have a fault in the loom or the sensor is plugged into the wrong thing :)

the temp sensors on pretty much all VAG engines up to the end of the MK2 production are the same rating, just there are 2 shapes depending on the age/model. earlier models and 16vs use a single pin sensor with a black colar, later models use a 2 pin black sensor. using either sensor makes no difference, just the 2 pin one also requires an earth, the single pin ones earth thru the engine block.

The fact it still does it with sensor off tells you there is a wiring/clocks/level sensor relay fault, or you disconnected the wrong plug ;)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
ok well sounds easy enough just need to get a good look at it asap is its getting on my nerves now.

Back to the top
well i disconnected both switches that look identical in the from plasctic housing the one in the top from looking further down the loom has the yellow/red wire connected to the plug (spliced in) and an earth.

Back to the top
anyone got any more ideas? checked for the relay mentioned but it doesnt have that.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.