Skip navigation

My MK1 Golf Cabrio Project

Back to the top

My MK1 Golf Cabrio Project

Here is my before pics this is how i have bought her, she is in a dusty state on these pics, but i've just brought her out this storage to get to work on her……

I have just ordered seat re-trims black and white leather, fingers crossed she gonna end up looking as good in the metal as she does in my head  :lol:

Cant Wait to make it the ride of my life……

MK1 GTi Cabrio

Back to the top
looks a nice car chap

Back to the top
Yer sure is will look alot better soon tho, and just to let you know im a bird not a chap :lol:

MK1 GTi Cabrio

Back to the top
nice car nice reg.

Look forward to progress and pics-a-plenty.  What's the red stripe on the side, a sticker?

I am working on a black with red colour theme if you wanna have a wee gander at my resto. :)

good luck, and welcome!

peace.

'83 Black GTI Cab on BBS RAs - DreamBoat 3000'

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top
Hi WeeTony :)
Yer that red stripe is sticker but im getting rid of that…

I looked at yours, and ive looked at a few others and i cant believe the work that goes into all this haha - what have i let myself in for -  lol only kidding, but this is my first ever project and im gonna be learning all the way. its a bit nerve wracking (its a good job my fells knows alot of ppl in the car trade) but i will be gettin my hands dirty all the way :)….

Ok just wanna know what people think to the angel eyes?? The caddy has some on and i fell in love with the look of them and wanted to get some for my MK1 but i was told not to and to keep originals, even tho im asking advice im more than likely going to order them as soon as ive finished writing this hahaha…..

MK1 GTi Cabrio

Back to the top
Well, ive got my new front grill, got my angel eye headlights, waiting on my new rear lights, indicators, side repeaters.. re-trims on order with matching covers for my daughters car seat… need to order carpet… Booked in for a whole respray =D ?600 for that!! Bargain =D Really need to think about looking at the engine and getting that running nice and sweet……

MK1 GTi Cabrio

Back to the top

just a little update

well its in the spray bay now :) only got 3 pics on my phone yesterday cus the camera is down there wi her so here goes…..

MK1 GTi Cabrio

Back to the top
what colour are you having the car painted, MissMe?
as for angel eyes I do like them & its not like they are a permanent mod,
you can always refit orignal headlamps if required.

Back to the top

studs said

what colour are you having the car painted, MissMe?
as for angel eyes I do like them & its not like they are a permanent mod,
you can always refit orignal headlamps if required.

Its staying black but it had a few touch ups needed so i just thought i'd do the whole lot….
I fell in love with the Angel eyes on a caddy so i just had to have them :)

MK1 GTi Cabrio

Back to the top
looks good mate, i'm from Plymouth too, just out of interest who is spraying it as thinking i might get mine done soon, like yours nothing major just a few little touch-ups but if they do a good job on yours might use i them.

cheers,

darren

Back to the top
can't wait to see this painted.

waiting til after winter to get mine painted, as that's last on a long list of things to do….not to mention the fact I have to saaaave for it!

Good progress, well done so far.

Angel eyes, stick em on, it will make the car yours, and in no way detracts from how cool the mk1 cab is.

it's all about the squares of the front grille, with the curves off the ass.

'83 Black GTI Cab on BBS RAs - DreamBoat 3000'

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top

lurchiomk1 said

looks good mate, i'm from Plymouth too, just out of interest who is spraying it as thinking i might get mine done soon, like yours nothing major just a few little touch-ups but if they do a good job on yours might use i them.

cheers,

darren

Its getting done in Ivybridge by someone i know, costin Ģ600 for the full re spray if u decide to use them pm me i will have a word…

Im hoping to have this on the road by feb, ive gone a bit backwards i got paint job done first then ill be doin all my interior, its goin to saltash on wed to another mate to give the whole engine a good service n gettin it ready for mot - its not what u no its who ya no :) - just cant wait to take it to a meet-  i only bought her cus i went to VW show at pod this yr for my birthday n dragged my fella along n just decided i had to get one n do it up, i was lucky and got one with a pretty good shell on it anyway….

MK1 GTi Cabrio

Back to the top
where abouts in saltash is it going? Not Shelland motors is it? (I used to work there lol)

Get yourself up to the ten tors pub for the southwestdubs meet (google southwestdubs), good friendly crowd and all sorts of motors. will be keeping an eye on how it turns out

GOOD LUCK!

Back to the top

lurchiomk1 said

where abouts in saltash is it going? Not Shelland motors is it? (I used to work there lol)

Get yourself up to the ten tors pub for the southwestdubs meet (google southwestdubs), good friendly crowd and all sorts of motors. will be keeping an eye on how it turns out

GOOD LUCK!

Cheers for that, i just joined the site…

How often do they meet up there?? mite pop up befor i get mine on the road check it out….
cant wait to go to my first meet….

Its going to a lad called chris who used to work at ivybridge motors, its his own lock up…..

MK1 GTi Cabrio

Back to the top
hope the carplate doesnīt tell the truth about the carīs condition as "tot" means "dead". :lol:

Greets
Christian

Back to the top

diidaa said

hope the carplate doesnīt tell the truth about the carīs condition as "tot" means "dead". :lol:

Greets
Christian

Haha nooo, just think of it as totty, the bird thats gnna be behind the wheel ;)

MK1 GTi Cabrio

Back to the top
normally meet the last thursday of the month, but looks like next sunday this month because of the festivities!!! its only in Newton Abbott so not too far for you  :lol:
try this…..

http://www.swdubs.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

i might will try to make it so if you go come say hello, but i have 3 days of partying before so don't count on it :twisted:

Back to the top

lurchiomk1 said

normally meet the last thursday of the month, but looks like next sunday this month because of the festivities!!! its only in Newton Abbott so not too far for you  :lol:
try this…..

http://www.swdubs.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

i might will try to make it so if you go come say hello, but i have 3 days of partying before so don't count on it :twisted:

haha u may be there in body then but not mind???

Wont be able to make it, im off to london for the weekend shame :(

I reckon i'd rather turn up to my first meet with the golf anyway, so will be about feb i reckon (fingers crossed she's ready)

Cheers for all your help :) ur a star :)

MK1 GTi Cabrio

Back to the top
nice looking car. im going to say hello on swdubs now, just because i can.

im (simon) on that forum

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top

de3660 said

nice looking car. im going to say hello on swdubs now, just because i can.

im (simon) on that forum

Hi Thanx she's a beaut aint she =D
Having a bit of trouble tho she was ment to be ready for me to get on with the interior tomorrow but the engine not running right :( she had had diesel put thru her befor i bought her and it seems to be causing a problem somewhere, well thats what ive been told so getting a bit worried as ive just paid for a respray bought all the interior and paying 600 for work on the engine so gonna be gutted if it turns out she not gonna get runnin but fingers crossed……..

MK1 GTi Cabrio
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.