Skip navigation

Fast golf website

Back to the top

Fast golf website

paul_c said

Dj Ev said

I helped somebody on 2 different occasions 3 years ago and saved them over ?45. Would it be rude of me to ask for a small fee? 8)

Did you pay for the website hosting for the stuff you said?

If that person bought a Haynes manual, would it be rude of the publishers to ask for payment for the book or would they simply say "have it for free"?

Its a different type of thing, its concise tech articles + interactive features, not forum posts.

If we're going to get into discussions on who's helped who the most on the forum, my 17,000 posts or so aren't ALL moaning, meaningless drivel!!! I've helped 1 or 2 people for free too.

U'll find that 16,937 was though :lol:

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top

bens_cab said

sat here for a little under 5 years and its still the same but with different faces nothing changes that much  :wink:

I'm an optimist.  Club benefits, COTM, Club Calendar, AGM, Spam filter, top magazine articles… lots of things change for the better and the site keeps getting bigger.  Can't be that bad or it wouldn't be one of the biggest MK1 sites in the world.

The info is there… the new site will be in time too.  If I thought nothing would ever change I'd not be involved.  Each chairman has done their bit.  Each volunteer has helped push the club forward… it's the way the club runs and I like being a part of it.  Again it's a pity your guide etc couldn't be here free but I hope you do well.

Back to the top
Ive been using this site now for over 5 years and I'm on here like most because of my interest in mk1 golfs. I pay membership because I feel that this site is very helpful, so the funds will help to maintain its status and creativity. If there is anyway people can help this site to progress and maintain  been the number 1 site for mk1 golfs then come forth.
Surely we are all here to help each other?  8)

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top

bens_cab said

thats because in the year you have been here fastgolf was operating  :wink: so people had the info

andy just needs to pm to negotiate all i said to him was it owes us ?170 didnt say thats what he has to pay :mrgreen:

check you site mate, i was online when you (paul i believe) posted it, infact i  was the first person to post in you general section about the weather.

i'll pay you ?2.56 and a sherbet dip (orange and rasp.) for the info

Back to the top
If the club or myself paid you for the data what are the copyright issues? who would hold the rights and for how long?

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

If the club or myself paid you for the data what are the copyright issues? who would hold the rights and for how long?

andy i dont see why you should pay? when the club sits of plenty of money  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Might be worth looking at how many Members have posted on this thread this evening and asking how much people actually care.

Do try and be a little more inclusive Paul, if you truly love the club, the members and what it all stands for you won't charge. If you don't then by all means sell the info to the highest bidder.

No point in arguing the toss is there.

T :mrgreen:

Back to the top

A5OPY said

Copyright would be shared for life, ie this site would be entitled to publish, republish etc any of it and so would the original contributors (mainly myself and Ben), and this would be agreed for the life of the copyright (50 years I think???) so we'd not be able to go back on it in the future.

If you wish for exclusive copyright control, I'd be happy enough to discuss this but would like to listen to your reasons for wanting this type of arrangement.

As has been said on other threads, I'm giving up motoring and living off the land so I don't really see a need for the data long term, yet alone cars or fossil fuel, etc etc.

Back to the top
so if it was shared you could even sell it to other sites still.

so with the other 2 site that are very interested you could divide the ?150 (after bartering) in three and pretty much have all three sales in the bag!

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

so if it was shared you could even sell it to other sites still.

so with the other 2 site that are very interested you could divide the ?150 (after bartering) in three and pretty much have all three sales in the bag!

It depends what the deal is.

Have you ever dealt with copyright issues, or intellectual property? Sometimes a clause or agreement is put in place to gain exclusivity (which is different to copyright ownership), for example if I were a commercial photographer and took a particularly good picture at a sporting event, a magazine might want the pic but also want exclusivity on the use of the picture. Or it may pay a lower price and not insist on it, knowing that possibly every other magazine or newspaper would be carrying the very same pic.

In theory yes but in practice, once the web hosting costs are recovered I'm going to draw a line under it.

Back to the top

bens_cab said

A5OPY said

andy i dont see why you should pay? when the club sits of plenty of money  :dontknow:

The amount of money the club has isn't the issue, if we had no cash would you reduce or give it for free?
its as i have said its the president of paying members for their input on the site makes me feel very uncomfortable.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

its as i have said its the president of paying members for their input on the site makes me feel very uncomfortable.

Your not the only one…

Back to the top
Delete the lot , go and live off the land , leave us in peace please . Its no loss to MK1 Owners , life went on before and will afterwards.

You both thought that you could take the VW community by storm and create a unique web site , it failed and left you out of pocket . Take it like men , you failed leave quietly and please dont ask us to pay for your mistake .

Thanks

Back to the top

chudd said

Delete the lot , go and live off the land , leave us in peace please . Its no loss to MK1 Owners , life went on before and will afterwards.

You both thought that you could take the VW community by storm and create a unique web site , it failed and left you out of pocket . Take it like men , you failed leave quietly and please dont ask us to pay for your mistake .

Thanks

:thumbs up:

Back to the top
I think this has now run its course, plus as the main topic of conversation appears to be Club finances in reality it ought to move to Club Business. If the Chairman would like it moved then he may do so but in the spirit of openness I will leave it here for the time being.

Thanks

T
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.