Skip navigation

Fast golf website

Back to the top

Fast golf website

paul_c said

If you don't, and want to commit to a vote - commit to it. I'll assume its one vote per person, not block or multiple voting for committee/moderators etc.

Im confused how could it be anything other than 1 vote per forum user???
how would a block vote be cast??

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
i think this thread has run its course andy maybe stick to pm's :wink:

Back to the top

A5OPY said

paul_c said

If you don't, and want to commit to a vote - commit to it. I'll assume its one vote per person, not block or multiple voting for committee/moderators etc.

Im confused how could it be anything other than 1 vote per forum user???
how would a block vote be cast??

Its just for clarity. By running a vote for all forum users, not just members, you're inctroducing a newer-been-done style of voting. Previously votes have been done in the club business (members only), moderators (mods and committee) or committee (comittee only) section. I assumed you'd put this to other committee members to vote on - if you want to make it more widely voted upon, then that's up to you. How do you decide if a vote is done by committee, mods, club members or everyone - do you have a vote on a vote, or just decide? Or do you want to not have a vote at all and say no right now? It would make things simpler.

Back to the top
The site "FastGolf" 100% helped me with my conversion yes the info is out there on different sites but it was very easy to go to one site and get everything all at once.

From initial shopping list to actually putting it in.

Like i say i personaly think its a shame something cannot be done, maybe some people dont really want the info as some dont like doing "things" to MK1s ?????

:dontknow:

Back to the top
As for when a vote is done? you tell me how long it should run?

How desperate are you for the cash?

tell you what i will do if the vote goes your way I personally will pay the ?170 your after in full, cash in crisp twenties
I feel that strongly the club shouldn't pay out of members funds for this data. I will then donate the data to the Mk1 Golf Owners Club. just don't want a president being set.

if the vote goes the other way are you prepared then to donate the data  for free???

that's fair..

Back to the top
Andy, if you want to talk, do it by PM and then put the conclusion of our discussions onto this thread.

Back to the top

Bigadd said

Like i say i personaly think its a shame something cannot be done, maybe some people dont really want the info as some dont like doing "things" to MK1s ?????

look around the "projects section" you will see there are maybe 50% of cars are modified (engine conversions).
so i think that shows that 1/2 of of love to do "things" to our golfs.

the thing is that there is no info in the "Fastgolf archive" that we cannot get on this site. weither it be thro a build thread or just asking, we can get the info very quickly.
and ?170 of clubs money to purchase info that the club will not make a return on just seems stupid, as the club will only offer it back out for free (the best way).

just goes to show who really loves to HELP people out eh!

Back to the top

A5OPY said

As for when a vote is done? you tell me how long it should run?

How desperate are you for the cash?

tell you what i will do if the vote goes your way I personally will pay the ?170 your after in full, cash in crisp twenties
I feel that strongly the club shouldn't pay out of members funds for this data. I will then donate the data to the Mk1 Golf Owners Club. just don't want a president being set.

if the vote goes the other way are you prepared then to donate the data  for free???

that's fair..

to start with the ?170 was never final cost it was a starting point for negotiations !! if the vote doesnt go our way then the data goes elsewhere to someone that values it and is willing to negotiate on the price

the data will not be free

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

Bigadd said

look around the "projects section" you will see there are maybe 50% of cars are modified (engine conversions).

the thing is that there is no info in the "Fastgolf archive" that we cannot get on this site. weither it be thro a build thread or just asking, we can get the info very quickly.
and ?170 of clubs money to purchase info that the club will not make a return on just seems stupid, as the club will only offer it back out for free (the best way).

so quickly yhr tech section is still the same as it was 18 months ago i even recall chudd saying he wpuld do a write but never did theres the love for ya

Back to the top
We've ALREADY helped people out - we paid for the web hosting out of our own pockets. Ben and I put our hands into our own pockets and paid up that money. We never asked for membership of the site, we only asked for donations to part-pay our way. The money asked for is to recover the costs here, leaving us at ?0, no profiteering, etc.

The respondants above who have come from the angle that we're "charging for the data" need to understand this - its not us operating as a commercial enterprise, its us trying to at least recover the costs so we're at ?0 instead of -?170.

Whatalotafun - return on investment in terms of this club - the info directly relates to the Mk1 Golf and its upkeep, which is one of the aims of this club. So it ties in quite nicely (albeit, accepting that it focuses on modified, not standard). This club is partly commercial, in that it operates a ?15/member charge and sells merchandise, etc.

Back to the top

bens_cab said

whatalotafun said

Bigadd said

so quickly yhr tech section is still the same as it was 18 months ago i even recall chudd saying he wpuld do a write but never did theres the love for ya

as the info gets donated the section will be updated.
just waiting for the donations :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Im sure something can be worked out personally im GUTTED i didnt save or print the stuff off.

It has taught me a lesson though i will do the above in the future.

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

bens_cab said

whatalotafun said

Bigadd said

19 months and still waiting for donations  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

paul_c said

Andy, if you want to talk, do it by PM and then put the conclusion of our discussions onto this thread.

Paul what is there to discuss now? I have made the chairman's position crystal clear, but i cant say what individuals think about this subject.
that's why a vote is very important in this instance.

As chairman i have what i consider the best interests of the club at heart and to buy this data could be the thin end of a very big wedge its the same as this country will never pay a ransom to kidnappers or pirates etc, sets a president its that simple.

pm me if you wish.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Whatalotafun - return on investment in terms of this club - the info directly relates to the Mk1 Golf and its upkeep, which is one of the aims of this club. So it ties in quite nicely (albeit, accepting that it focuses on modified, not standard). This club is partly commercial, in that it operates a ?15/member charge and sells merchandise, etc.

but if the club is offering the info for free…….

i don't think i have ever seen anything on this site that is not accepting modified cars  or turning the focus away from modifed cars

i think you should leave it be, as the club gets more and more of the people that do these conversions the info will follow!

Back to the top
i think the tech section on this site was started so people could get stuff written up but like most things it never happened

were just offering all the stuff now but if theres people that can make a wiring database and tech articles then i guess you dont need the fastgolf data i value your imput walof :wink:

Back to the top
The "how to section" has plenty of guides to go up (has for a while).  Priority is to get the site more stable I beleive.  Then a massive list of proposals over the years can be looked at.  Good times.

Pity you don't want to share the data with the club for free.  It was previous to you removing it to take with you to fast golf.  Can I ask your true reasons for removing it and also for asking a fee to provide it again this time round if it is not for the discontinued site costs as you first stated?

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

bens_cab said

whatalotafun said

Bigadd said

Dean, I asked for a tech coordinator 17 months ago (when I was the website manager) and nobody came forwards with the right combination of skills and interest in Mk1 Golfs. The main stumbling block was that people didn't cope with HTML, or adding content to the site. Even with the software update, the data will need to be formatted (in HTML), the pics all sized neatly, checked for accuracy, etc. Even 'converting' a thread into an article is work, albeit a routine task, yet nobody stepped up then. I gave it a couple of months then started on it myself - the tech articles on the left are proof of this and have an enduring popularity.

If the issue of the person to actually physically do the updates has been address, then great! How many articles have they already done? Do we need to press "refresh" to see the tech section grow, or are they all for the future software upgraded site?

The taking over of the old fastgolf data is a shortcut to getting a very full tech section, all we're asking for is our outlay covered AT COST.

If people prefer to use the search engine on the forum, or the sticky posts, or the FAQ section, that's all good too, but with the amount of questions that get asked on things already covered, I personally don't think this is the most effective way of managing the mass of tech info out there.

Back to the top
Watalotofun - exactly the point that has been made……….
The club offers the info for free NOT AT A LOSS!!!!!!!
The info has been offered at a price to break even - NOT TO MAKE PROFIT :banghead:

And yes I know I may get banned again for being the wife……pmsl

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

The "how to section" has plenty of guides to go up (has for a while).  Priority is to get the site more stable I beleive.  Then a massive list of proposals over the years can be looked at.  Good times.

Pity you don't want to share the data with the club for free.  It was previous to you removing it to take with you to fast golf.  Can I ask your true reasons for removing it and also for asking a fee to provide it again this time round if it is not for the discontinued site costs as you first stated?

only the 20vt thread was removed due to abusive and agressive behaviour from a certain mod !!!

it was then re written to make it easier to use

theres been a list of propossals for as long as ive been on this site which is longer than most of you guys and yet there still inst the data available

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.