Skip navigation

Fast golf website

Back to the top

Fast golf website

Does anyone know what's happened to the fastgolf website? Can't seem to find it!

/Users/cherie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2008/16 Sep 2008/DSC01016.JPG

Back to the top
The hosting was not renewed, so it has now closed down but I still have a backup of the website/data if needs be.

Back to the top

paul_c said

The hosting was not renewed, so it has now closed down but I still have a backup of the website/data if needs be.

Why on earth didn't you renew it?

T :?

Back to the top

Tian said

paul_c said

It wasn't for money reasons. Ben and I both have slightly different interests now, so didn't really want to dedicate the time to keeping it up-to-date, etc so the renewal time was a natural time to close it. We appreciate the data could be valuable to someone, so I took a backup and it may reappear elsewhere, etc to benefit the VW community.

Back to the top
What about those who put donations in.  What is happening with that data?

Back to the top
The donations part paid for Nov 2008-Nov 2009 hosting costs.

Back to the top

paul_c said

I mean the account details from said donations bud.  Someone can't get hold of that can they?

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

paul_c said

I mean the account details from said donations bud.  Someone can't get hold of that can they?

Nope, the emails of donations will remain confidential and will be deleted once the Paypal account is closed.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Spudfingers said

paul_c said

Nope, the emails of donations will remain confidential and will be deleted once the Paypal account is closed.

Nice one.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Tian said

paul_c said

It wasn't for money reasons. Ben and I both have slightly different interests now, so didn't really want to dedicate the time to keeping it up-to-date, etc so the renewal time was a natural time to close it. We appreciate the data could be valuable to someone, so I took a backup and it may reappear elsewhere, etc to benefit the VW community.

I never mentioned money   :?

Fair enough though, it's your call. Shame to 'lose' any info. You could always be altruistic and store it on here for the time being!

Just a thought, can't see any reason why not can you? I suppose you'll have to ask for Bens permission first though, go for it Paul.

T  :y:

Back to the top
I would like to see the info on here if possible esp the 20vt bit it really really helped me lately.

Back to the top
I agree.

There is no point in information being tucked away when it could be used to make things better.

Unless your the goverment :lol:

Tian is that a Robinsons Goliwog as you avater? I think thats how you spell it  :dontknow: I aint seen one of them since i was about 9 or 10.

Back to the top

Raffles said

I agree.

There is no point in information being tucked away when it could be used to make things better.

Unless your the goverment :lol:

Spot on, waste of time eh!

Raffles said

Tian is that a Robinsons Goliwog as you avater? I think thats how you spell it  :dontknow: I aint seen one of them since i was about 9 or 10.

Yeah mate, there's loads off them on ebay, I'm gonna buy a bunch of them!

T :mrgreen:

Back to the top
There are plans in place to get the information back into the public domain, so no need to worry here.

Back to the top
Pink wellies and hairband and blue costume…. I can't remember style being THAT bad lol…. keep fit must have worked a treat though… imagine trying to "step" in those!!!….. and they're not socks… they're wellies… wellies I tell you!!!

Yeah the guides would benefit the club if you guys can see your way to putting them up  :dontknow:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Pink wellies and hairband and blue costume…. I can't remember style being THAT bad lol…. keep fit must have worked a treat though… imagine trying to "step" in those!!!….. and they're not socks… they're wellies… wellies I tell you!!!

:mrgreen:

Come on Paul, don't keep us in suspenders, where will we have to go to view the information again? You can't keep it all bottled up, it's not very VW Community minded.

T :lol:

Back to the top
lets hope this info is not lost forever.
 :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Back to the top

thunderace said

I'm sure it won't be but from the lack of reply I don't imagine you'll see it on here anytime soon. I get the feeling Paul's not up for for it, shame.

Back to the top

Tian said

thunderace said

I'm sure it won't be but from the lack of reply I don't imagine you'll see it on here anytime soon. I get the feeling Paul's not up for for it, shame.

Negotiations are in process, please be patient to allow these to continue to a happy conclusion. Don't panic!!!!!

Back to the top

paul_c said

Tian said

thunderace said

Negotiations are in process, please be patient to allow these to continue to a happy conclusion. Don't panic!!!!!

Negotiations?

T :dontknow:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.