Skip navigation

1983 1.1 5dr c formel E in selvas green now with 1300 power!

Back to the top

1983 1.1 5dr c formel E in selvas green now with 1300 power!

I love this thread, I've got a 3 door project on the go (well I really mean I'm ready to start) myself and its also Selvas green not many about. the stereo and shoping list are first class. Best of luck with it.

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
Well yesterday the engine went in along with a 5 speed box I had kicking about!

Spent today tinkering and tidying up the bay.

So now my bay looks as thus:

Looks pretty factory I do think.  Was quite simple really, all the mk2 engine parts are there, the rad hoses are mk2.  Only things i had to change were the brake vacuum line rich i robbed off a scrap seicento that was in the yard, and i had issues bleeding it up.

This was due to not having the expansion tank and was solved with this this morning (cunnginly machined by my Dad,)

it's a plug for the tank hose with a bleed valve inside. It allows you to bleed the top of the motor easily! fit's in as thus,

Quite pleased with it all tbf!

Jon.

Back to the top
nice work mate

thought you broke your foot??

Banner

Back to the top
Looking good mate :D
Did the 1300 engine just drop straight in without changeing any of the mounts? :)
Cheers Dave

Back to the top
Jelly, got my foot back at the start of the month!

Anyway, Dave, You need to swap the mounts, there was a slight notch needed to be put in the back mount, but that was to clear a lump on the 5 speed's bellhousing.

The carb has decided not to open the 2 stage throttle now so i shall be sorting that tomorrow!

Jon.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.