Skip navigation

Ultimate Dubs Show 14th March 2010 - Telford

Back to the top

Ultimate Dubs Show 14th March 2010 - Telford

Dano said

I think that the inside stand, assuming that we could have both, should take the main display items such as the flag, merchandise etc so that we get noticed more.

Will they let us have both indoor and outside stands tho, seen another forum that they say its one or t'other…  agree flag n stuff inside tho!! - Saves it getting wet n windy - but the club would need a banner of sorts outside

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Dano said

I think that the inside stand, assuming that we could have both, should take the main display items such as the flag, merchandise etc so that we get noticed more.

but the club would need a banner of sorts outside
by then there will be at least 2 club banners and a good few new regional banners to choose from :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
I've sent the booking form off for the INSIDE stand just now. We are alotted 5 cars on the stand - and by the looks of it, they seem to be taken but we'll have a look at who's been on the previous stands, NEC etc and share it out a bit.

I've also ask the question regarding the additional outside stand. I'll post when I hear back.

Dan

Back to the top
So for my purposes of keeping in track, we have in order so far AND to be confirmed for fairness sake….

INSIDE

photographymatt - black standard cabby
Yomp                  - black standard hardtop GTI
A5OPY                 - black standard hardtop GTI
DaveM                 - black standard hardtop GTI

EITHER
GHIA -??

OUTSIDE
bouchay - ??

Back to the top
bbq and beers at mine afterwards? :-)

Back to the top

photographymatt said

If its anything like this year - I'll have had enough thanks very much!!!  :oops:  :wink:

Back to the top

Dano said

photographymatt said

If its anything like this year - I'll have had enough thanks very much!!!  :oops:  :wink:

hehe. good boy dano! lol.

Back to the top
Dano I have sent you a pm with piccies.  As you will see mine is not standard.  Outside its very good condition but under bonnet is unshowable.  After all you could eat your dinner off Yomps!  Would still love to come though.  Dont mean to sound negative but I know my car is not everyones cup of tea.  Brucieboy and Gammy Golf quite like it so you could ask them for their opionions???? :dontknow:

Back to the top
Dano,

This seems to be quite a popular show amongst members.
To keep it fair rather than a first come first serve basis I would get a deadline date of possible entrants and run a poll :dontknow: obviously the cars entered still need to be of the required standard, with a couple in reserve.

With a poll it gives the members the choice of which cars they would most like to see represent the club, inside especially.

just an idea…

Back to the top

Dano said

Looking at this, we may have a stand full of black cars!!!!

I'll make the approach then in the next few days.

Any others please… Remember TOP motors please. If we get sooo many I may have to do some judging!!! Ha!!!

Happy to come along to this, car's in pretty good shape too.

T

Back to the top
I'd be up for it. Standard silver campaign,if its bonnets down (inside) if bonnets up (outside) although going to try and improve engine bay over the winter.

Corky 2 (Paul)                                                                                
Silver campaign

Back to the top
UD is a great opener to the show season. I will be in the indoor concours arena.  :D

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

UD is a great opener to the show season. I will be in the indoor concours arena.  :D

Ahhh! You caught on quickly!  :wink:  last year it was much warmer indoors - especially with a hangover!!!  :roll:

Back to the top
Hey Ponting here.
I can also say there is a spread as marshy says but, yes there is a LOT of bling also there. We have a mixture of cars in the club so we can use modified examples. high standard but its not unrealistic. my father have modified it. assuming that we could have both, should take the main display items such as the flag in front of car. they let us have both indoor and outside stands too, seen another forum that they say its one other car so they get excited to do so.

Back to the top
Not tooooo sure what youre trying to say there ponting.

I have been informed that we can only have 1 official stand - inside this year ( cars yet to be decided ). If we want an 'outside' stand then it's simply a case of getting together outside the venue, driving in and parking together.

The reason the stand cars haven't been decided yet is to give folk an even chance of seeing the thread. I am going to ask for high res photos of potential cars to be emailed to me soon, so car anyone wishing to place their TOP QUALITY car on the stand please be sorting that out asap. I'll probably need them by end if next week. This is a request from the organisers, not me!!! But, Id like to be able to see the cars being put forward and be able to decide who goes on bearing in mind past events etc.

I won't be favouring mates/ Noth West Members/ or anything like that!!!!! :wink:

Back to the top
If you're thinking of entering your car for the inside stand, cvould you post your photos up asap.

One of the sitpulation of the organisers is that they would like photos of the confirmed stand cars.

Ta.

Back to the top

Id like mine to be considered for selection for the indoor stand.

It is in mint condition, inside and out and Im prepared to attend the two days required

… and the handbrake cable doesn`t hang down any more :wink:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

thanks

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

Back to the top

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Andy ive got a good pic of yours when we met in the big carpark before scarborough run, should i put it on for you?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.