Skip navigation

MK1 DOOR CAPPINGS

Back to the top

MK1 DOOR CAPPINGS

Brown all the way for me!

I'd have a set for a cabby tomorrow. Don't forget the coloured end blanks in the plastic nearest the B pillar end.

Dan

Back to the top

Dano said

I'd have a set for a cabby tomorrow. Don't forget the coloured end blanks in the plastic nearest the B pillar end.

Dan
I was wondering how long it was going to take you to get your order in :lol:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

Dano said

Dan
I was wondering how long it was going to take you to get your order in :lol:

There he goes, best not to get him going on brown window winders too. :shhh:  :naughty:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming.

..as it stands i think we can only produce in one colour, black. As the capping material is so thin you cannot cover it. You may be able to spray it brown for example.

What i need to know is what would be more popular, tin top or cabrio, i get the impression its cabrio in the UK market.

Also i need a set of front doors for a tin top. I have cabrio doors.

Anyone in the south east?

Back to the top
Cabrios far outweigh hatchbacks with door cappings and of that volume more people are restoring them because they are more of a classic and financially worth it. Also bear in mind they crack and warp as a result of sun exposure - more likely on a cabrio. It would be great if replacements could be slightly thicker and more durable but still allow correct window seal and door card fitment.

Banner

Back to the top
i will have 2 rear doors in 2 weeks time. only issue is i'm up north.
are the cappings not the same for cabby doors as for 5 door front doors?

and i'm more than happy with black and yes i'd need them for a more door.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.