Skip navigation

whos is now off the road for winter?

Back to the top

whos is now off the road for winter?

JackieJ said

Mine normally goes away at the end of September when the tax is up and I have already filled the SORN in ready for posting. However I just can't bring myself to put it away on Wednesday so will maybe tax it and at least take October out of it.

SORN it on line, only take a couple of minutes :wink:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Chudd,

You did ?50 of that petrol bill just pulling out of Coombe Abbey as I remember…. you boy racer!  :lol:

Back to the top
Why are you lot on about winter???

I've spent the last week baking hot on a field and today back at work it was fans and windows open. :roll:

That and I've just realised it's been 9 months since I've parked mine up after the accident. :cry:

I just make sure I've got the right mix of coolant, wash the salt off frequently and keep the inside of my windows clean (makes keeping the condensation away a lot easier)

And this winter I'll be wary of sheet ice and change my tyres to get the best out of any grip going. :oops:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
I've actually just officially decided to get back 'on the road' after only using it for going to work on a sunday morning  :lol:

~Madferret

Mk1 1457cc 5door GX '83

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

JackieJ said

SORN it on line, only take a couple of minutes :wink:

Not in Northern Ireland unfortunately. We can't even tax online.  :dontknow:

Just found out tonight that my winter storage isn't happening. In May I went to great lengths to sell an unfinished project Mini which was in the outlaws garage. My cunning plan was that my Golf could go in there. OH was round there today to broach the subject but before he mentioned it the outlaws said how great it was to have an empty garage and that they are going to carpet it.  :banghead:  

So I don't know where its going. It could go in our own garage but the kids are always in and out with their bikes and unfortunately don't have much love for what they refer to as "the embarassing old car".  :roll:

Back to the top
I don't know what to say!!!

T :x

Back to the top
You could say that you know someone in my area who wants to rent out their garage and make me very happy.  :lol:  You'd be lying though. I've advertised in shop windows and the local paper in the past and had no response. You'd think someone would want to earn some money from an unused garage.

Back to the top
i must be one of the few members actually trying to get hers up and running for the winter!

she's been sat all summer :( so i'm having to rush to get things done so that she doesn't rot this winter.  

really wish i had a garage :(

BEWARE KY05 UCO, blind and deaf white haired driver of red transit, avoid at all costs, he thinks running cars on to the verge is ok. i'm fine, car's fine, mood and make up not so good.

Back to the top
It's not where you keep 'em it's how you treat 'em!

Back to the top

Lee_dub said

Don't be puffs!

Im running mine all the way through! yea baby!!!

Yay!! Me too-good on ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'89 Clipper Cabby

Back to the top
i'm gonna tax mine tomorrow  :) /  :cry:

at least it will be useable for those odd winter dry, sunny but coooold days!  :lol:

will probably only get used a couple of times a month but - hey! all good.
worth it for ?100 i guess seing as the mot is till april and the insurance till june.. may as well get my monies worth i guess.  :?

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.