Skip navigation

Weber carb - fuel vapour seperator question..

Back to the top

Weber carb - fuel vapour seperator question..

Yes the brass restrictor is actually a jet sized to bleed off the excess pressure.
Put the leg of the "T" containing it into the return line/separator, the other to the carb and the feed and you should be good to go.

Back to the top

Overboost said

Yes the brass restrictor is actually a jet sized to bleed off the excess pressure.
Put the leg of the "T" containing it into the return line/separator, the other to the carb and the feed and you should be good to go.

Thanks,

So I can totally remove my vap separator then?

Back to the top
collect mine tomorrow from the garage - will report back.

Back to the top
You could do but i think its also acting like a reservoir to prevent vapour lock.

Might be easier to just cut off the one leg of the T and install that inside the return pipe from the separator so the fuel has to go thru the restrictor down the return.

Back to the top
well i got her back and ……..
WOW - like a new car.  :clap:

float level adjusted ( this was the hot start issue over flowing the chamber )

Carb strip clean and rebuild ( choke mech was sticking - also replaced choke cable that had frayed in the liner, this now has a old mini cable fitted that you pull and turn to lock so the choke arm is free on its spindle)

rolling road tune

replaced main jet to suit

mixture / idle adjusted

70 BHP @ 5350rpm.  8)  ( engine has done over 130k )

can not recommend the guys who did it highly enough ( this is the second carbed vehicle they have done for me )

Southam Mini & Metro Centre, Southam Warwickshire
01926 815 681

that little lot cost me ?185 - which i thought was very reasonable considering the amount of time i had spent looking for the problem.
hope it / they can help the rest of you

mitch

Back to the top
This has helped me cheers :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.